Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

kycorx

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello. It seems like the Infinite Money cheat for Sally's Salon is broken, it crashes and shows the red screen in DS mode but in the DSi mode the screens go black but the music keeps playing. What could be the issue? Thanks in advance!
Post automatically merged:

Hello. It seems like the Infinite Money cheat for Sally's Salon is broken, it crashes and shows the red screen in DS mode but in the DSi mode the screens go black but the music keeps playing. What could be the issue? Thanks in advance!

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to get cheat codes for pokemon platinum usa working on DeSmuME and I followed instructions in op to rename the file, still getting a "CRC <numberhere> not found in database file!"
I also saw this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/deadskullzjrs-nds-i-cheat-databases.488711/post-9935583 however restarting the emulator or using the original file and changing settings had no effect. Any idea?

EDIT: Found the answer, not really a solution. MY rom was a randomized version of pokemon platinum, so it had a different CRC value than the original rom. Because there is no way to know if a game with <id here> is the original game, a modified rom, or a complete rom hack overhall roughly based off that id, what the database does is ensure the CRC value matches so it can match your random rom file to a known actually good, original file. Ergo, the error is the database saying it doesn't exactly match anything in the database

Workaround is to load the BASE ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED file, and copy paste the codes from there into your modded / randomized file, or to extract from the database and save, then copy and rename the cheat file that desmume makes for that specific game to match the modified rom.

Last edited by Corgano,

QuantumKappa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can view any of these files in plain text? melonDS atm still doesn't support loading from database (that I could see/find) so I need to add cheats manually.

Unithrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can view any of these files in plain text? melonDS atm still doesn't support loading from database (that I could see/find) so I need to add cheats manually.
You can use the program R4CCE: home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html

You can use the program R4CCE: home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html

AlphaLeonidasMS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In the next update could you please make an All Parts cheat for Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakushin Susanow Shuurai! and fix the cheats for Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakutan! Cyber Pegasis, since in the first there is some parts that were event exclusive and can't be unlocked anymore, and in the first one the cheats aren't working as they should, both are the japanese versions.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the next update could you please make an All Parts cheat for Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakushin Susanow Shuurai! and fix the cheats for Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakutan! Cyber Pegasis, since in the first there is some parts that were event exclusive and can't be unlocked anymore, and in the first one the cheats aren't working as they should, both are the japanese versions.
I took a look and realized a mistake, the Japanese versions handle many aspects of the game data differently compared to the other regional variants of the game(s). The problem is the data is sensitive story mode related data, messing with it has provided some quirks on my end that can soft lock the game. So I don't think it's possible to execute this as cleanly as the other regional variants unfortunately, you'll just have to play through the game and buy the stuff in the shop as they come for the time being. I'll continue to look into the titles but don't expect anything if it doesn't work out. I don't understand why the developers had to make this version any different from the rest.

Reactions: SPL1TT3R

AlphaLeonidasMS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I took a look and realized a mistake, the Japanese versions handle many aspects of the game data differently compared to the other regional variants of the game(s). The problem is the data is sensitive story mode related data, messing with it has provided some quirks on my end that can soft lock the game. So I don't think it's possible to execute this as cleanly as the other regional variants unfortunately, you'll just have to play through the game and buy the stuff in the shop as they come for the time being. I'll continue to look into the titles but don't expect anything if it doesn't work out. I don't understand why the developers had to make this version any different from the rest.
The japanese version is actually the original one, the american/european developers basically censored the story mode and removed alot of features, and i'm starting to think that i've made the story mode 100% because there is no events appearing anymore besides tournaments. I know that i can unlock more parts in the colosseum, tough since i can't connect with Wii, i can't unlock B-Killer, meaning i can't unlock Devil Serpenter. I was beating the japanese version for two reasons, the first is because i needed to connect with Bakushin Susanow Shuurai to unlock more beyblades, and second because i was making a database for these games and noticed that Japanese Parts have different textures, so i've wanted to screenshot parts from both versions to make a comparision.

Reactions: SPL1TT3R

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The japanese version is actually the original one, the american/european developers basically censored the story mode and removed alot of features, and i'm starting to think that i've made the story mode 100% because there is no events appearing anymore besides tournaments. I know that i can unlock more parts in the colosseum, tough since i can't connect with Wii, i can't unlock B-Killer, meaning i can't unlock Devil Serpenter. I was beating the japanese version for two reasons, the first is because i needed to connect with Bakushin Susanow Shuurai to unlock more beyblades, and second because i was making a database for these games and noticed that Japanese Parts have different textures, so i've wanted to screenshot parts from both versions to make a comparision.
I had one other approach but the way the developers coded the games, the solution is impractical and extremely lengthy, I actually had to scrap the solution midway because it was a hassle from just this reason alone, one of the reasons I aimed for a shop code instead. Data is another issue as there is unique data involved that isn't easily determinable, and considering the Japanese version ties a lot of it to the main story related data, it's actually worse than the other regions. The most I can offer is maybe a tweaked save file, but the unfortunate side is data integrity would likely be lost since the unique nature of the data is again hard to determine currently (and I can't promise any specific timely manner with the offer since other things are present in life right now that need bigger attention). I would need to spend a lot more time with the games to better understand the information more, but considering I've already got things I need to be doing, I don't have a whole lot of time to do that at this moment in time.

Your only other approach would simply be to rip the game assets out yourself and see if you can view the model data for each component that way. Which likely would yield far superior results as you have standalone models to work with, and nothing else like backgrounds, engine handling color inaccuracies, and what not interfering.

Vernamon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the Database you've poured your heart and soul into. I did however encountered there were no cheats to exist for the BK9P-5060245E version of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. I'd try to add the cheat codes myself that I don't know would work or not for the game that I had found elsewhere however when opening up the usercheat.bat (for the TwilightMenu++) file in notepad or notepad++ it becomes a mess to read and figure out the code to make adding to it happen for myself personally. Other than that Keep up the amazing epic work.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the Database you've poured your heart and soul into. I did however encountered there were no cheats to exist for the BK9P-5060245E version of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. I'd try to add the cheat codes myself that I don't know would work or not for the game that I had found elsewhere however when opening up the usercheat.bat (for the TwilightMenu++) file in notepad or notepad++ it becomes a mess to read and figure out the code to make adding to it happen for myself personally. Other than that Keep up the amazing epic work.
This is unusual as checking in the database, cheats very much exist for that version you mentioned. Double check to see if your dump matches this, if not, this might be why:
Code:
    File: Kingdom Hearts - Re-coded (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).nds
  CRC-32: 3bba1498
     MD5: 605567dc2a710b2fdbd40853b1a04239
   SHA-1: b9d45dcd654265fc7b8ba83f1bb3c15f011d6acf
 SHA-256: 44e8420cffac48382a49fbfa2b6bbf2c0318a29cd446ee75dd67a28a17deab09

NotAndromeda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usrcheat.dat isn't working for twilight menu ++ no matter what I do, it still says no cheats found. I need this to bypass the anti-piracy measures in pokemon games. Please help.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the ap code or not for SaGa 3 crashes on twilight menu at the tutorial fight
I'm not sure if that's a twilight menu issue or some other unknown ap problem

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usrcheat.dat isn't working for twilight menu ++ no matter what I do, it still says no cheats found. I need this to bypass the anti-piracy measures in pokemon games. Please help.
Sounds like a bad dump related issue. The database doesn't support bad dumps. As for the AP bypasses, you won't need cheats for that when using TWiLightMenu since the developers have the bypasses there already. The AP cheats in the databases are mostly designed for much older environments that lack proper bypass solutions, older flash cartridge kernels in this case.

Same. The cheat menu dont appear anymore
Read my post above this reply.

Using the ap code or not for SaGa 3 crashes on twilight menu at the tutorial fight
I'm not sure if that's a twilight menu issue or some other unknown ap problem
Known issue, I haven't determined the problem fully yet.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. It seems like you're getting close to solving the issue, it'll crash on a red screen now instead of the usual freeze in twilight menu

pitrako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way of showing cheat descriptions in dsone eos kernel, can't see the conditions to enable some cheats (example: press select, select+R, etc...), in ysmenu I can see It all but doesn't have rts, guide, slowmotion, etc...

EDIT: I read again and now I know it can't be fixed. Sorry for asking.

Last edited by pitrako,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way of showing cheat descriptions in dsone eos kernel, can't see the conditions to enable some cheats (example: press select, select+R, etc...), in ysmenu I can see It all but doesn't have rts, guide, slowmotion, etc...

EDIT: I read again and now I know it can't be fixed. Sorry for asking.
No need to apologize, more so a kernel lacking capabilities unfortunately. Not much that can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...