Culdcept DS [open translation]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by theli, Mar 30, 2009.

1. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/patching-using-xdelta.320880/page-2

Use the option to patch ignoring checksum with xdelta3 if it doesn't patch normally, but check if it works in an emulator or something. (sometimes applying the patch more then once to get it to work, if you didn't do a complete dump of your game from your cartridge).

2. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Is this abandoned? Seems like there are still some things untranslated with latest patch, like picking a book or I am not sure what it is since its in Japanese as last step of character creation.

3. theli
    OP

theli GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2006
    Yeah, its like, 97% finished and there are still minor things left untranslated. And yes its abandoned.

4. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of

well thats a bummer! seems like its so close... cant someone with knowledge of japanese at least crudely translate them? A shitty translation is better than none at all.

5. theli
    OP

theli GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2006
    Well, those minor pieces are not even woth bothering imo. Theres nothing gamestopping

6. VigorBird

VigorBird Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    United States
    Is the Culdcept Translation project still active? I've had trouble trying to patch the game after following all the directions. I was trying to put it on the DS emulator on my android phone. The xDelta3 GUI doesn't work very well and the command line doesn't work at all. Would it be possible if you guys could send me an already patched ROM and send it over to me? I really want to play Culdcept BADLY! Let me know what I have to do. Thanks, guys!

7. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    no asking for roms read the rules

8. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Hey, whoever did the English translation of Culdcept! You think you can also hack the game to force random dice rolls? Because I'm telling you, this game cheats like a bitch. Always has. It'd be a lot more fun if dice rolls weren't always suspiciously to the advantage of the computer opponent.

9. babyonion

babyonion Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    United States
    DL link appears to be down, any mirrors?

10. kosterix

kosterix Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    Barbados
    Thankfully I have a Culdcept DS (English).nds from 2016.
    The gba temp guys just abandon everything.