Hacking Converting NDS to DSIware to CIA?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure that one is different than the DSi Ware title though. I had a friend who the retail cart, and I believe the menus looked different than the DSi Ware version.
That's about it though.

It is different (DSiWare version is better but has less content)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo DSi:
1. Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20737085/dsi_srl_extract.zip
2. Copy any and all DSiWare titles you have to your SD card (Note: only works with an actual DSi)
3. Navigate to /private/ds/title
4. Drag the .bin file(s) onto the executable
5. You now have the ripped (and decrypted) rom from your DSiWare

Nintendo 3DS: (4.x only)
1. Download https://mega.co.nz/#!yJRDyJTB!4XHklwfVbbwbYNdfqUjvdVIHyo5gPUBfAIf78Hu9j0c
2. Get the ID from your DSiWare (If you only copy one to your SD it'll be in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<UID0>\<UID1>\Nintendo DSiWare\<your game's ID>.bin) (You can also see it on the top screen in BBB or DevMenu but the ID you want to use later is without the 0x)
3. Edit dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py
4. Change to
5. Run dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py (You'll need python for this)
6. Copy msetforboss.dat to your 3DS' SD card
7. Use MultiROP-Loader and select MsetForBoss (4x or 6x depends on your FW)
8. Go to system settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile (If it doesn't load reboot and try again)
9. Select "dump DSiWare" and press A
10. You'll now have that one DSiWare title dumped on your 3DS' SD card as dsiware.nds
Thank you! That should definitely be in the guides subsection. It is of limited use now for 3DS users (unless they don't want to play on an emulator on PC), but it might get a lot more important in the future.

You can run most DSi Enhanced titles on a DS flashcart, though. I've ran Emily the Strange - Strangerous (DSi Enhanced) (U) on my R4i Gold just fine.
I got that wrong, ie. mixed up the difference between DSi-enhanced and DSi-exclusive. There are actually only 5 retail game cartridges in total that are DSi exclusive. On Wikipedia (list of games also found there): "DSi-enhanced" game cards contain DSi-exclusive features, but can still be used with earlier models; "DSi-exclusive" game cards cannot.

It would be interesting if the CycloDS iEvolution can play these "DSi exclusive" titles and the converted DSIWare and thus it would be worth it hunting for that card.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
basically the only real DS game that is available for 3ds is the japanese version of advance wars days of ruin.
it is only available for club nintendo platinum members.
someone ..... .. ... .. .. uploaded it to the nice 3ds piracy site most of us enjoy.
karl3ds said they wanted to look at it since, sure, most dsiware is all capped at 16mb. so, the format for this game must be different.
maybe, it would be quite simple to swap out the ds rom with another, it depends what the format is like.
maybe the game was really built again for dsiware and it is not a simple conversion that we can take advantage of, but i doubt it.

but, look at this
No iirc because most DS games expect certain hardware which TWL doesn't emulate (ie SRAM chips).
so, even if we could make ds roms as dsiware and have them installed to our 3ds, twl does not emulate all the different hardware.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
basically the only real DS game that is available for 3ds is the japanese version of advance wars days of ruin.
it is only available for club nintendo platinum members.
someone ..... .. ... .. .. uploaded it to the nice 3ds piracy site most of us enjoy.
karl3ds said they wanted to look at it since, sure, most dsiware is all capped at 16mb. so, the format for this game must be different.
maybe, it would be quite simple to swap out the ds rom with another, it depends what the format is like.
maybe the game was really built again for dsiware and it is not a simple conversion that we can take advantage of, but i doubt it.

but, look at this

so, even if we could make ds roms as dsiware and have them installed to our 3ds, twl does not emulate all the different hardware.

It only emulates DSi Hardware, so that should work right. (How we know it's DSi hardware: 1. DSiWare can run; 2.DSi exclusives can run; 3. DSi enhanced games are enhanced)

Reactions: Margen67

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Anyone know how to convert those DSiWare .cia files to regular .nds?

I'm not interested in playing on a real console, instead, I want to test the games on No$gba, but it only loads .nds files. So far I've been unable to find a tutorial to convert from .cia to .nds.
I downloaded a tool called dsi_srl_extract, but it didn't do anything, or maybe I don't know how it works.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone know how to convert those DSiWare .cia files to regular .nds?

I'm not interested in playing on a real console, instead, I want to test the games on No$gba, but it only loads .nds files. So far I've been unable to find a tutorial to convert from .cia to .nds.
I downloaded a tool called dsi_srl_extract, but it didn't do anything, or maybe I don't know how it works.

dsi_srl_extract is to extract .NDS files from .bin which come from the DSi. As far as I know you cannot go from cia to NDS but you can just download ~118 DSiWare titles as .NDS if you want. You could also PM me one you want I probably have it and I could upload it to mega for you.

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Oh, many thanks.

I did download that pack, there are even a few more posted over at that place where the pack is available. There are a lot more DSiWare available, but they are only in .cia format, which means they won't work with the emulator.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, many thanks.

I did download that pack, there are even a few more posted over at that place where the pack is available. There are a lot more DSiWare available, but they are only in .cia format, which means they won't work with the emulator.
Seriously look up a few posts, there is a tut for ripping the cias to nds format from a 4.5 firmware 3ds.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately I only have a DSi, not a 3DS. I'll take a look at the tutorial to see if I can do it with a DSi too.

Nintendo DSi:
1. Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20737085/dsi_srl_extract.zip
2. Copy any and all DSiWare titles you have to your SD card (Note: only works with an actual DSi)
3. Navigate to /private/ds/title
4. Drag the .bin file(s) onto the executable
5. You now have the ripped (and decrypted) rom from your DSiWare in .NDS form
(6. use "make_cia --srl=romname.nds" to convert it to a .cia) - Optional*
* I would recommend you to release both .NDS and .Cia if your planing in making them public on for instance that iso site.

Reactions: Margen67 and nastys

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
(6. use "make_cia --srl=romname.nds" to convert it to a .cia) - Optional*
* I would recommend you to release both .NDS and .Cia if your planing in making them public on for instance that iso site.

Can anyone release an compiled version of make_cia? Because, it's getting a pain in the butt trying to compile it myself. :(

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Attachments

• make_cia_32-windows.zip
    96.5 KB · Views: 755

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
it would be so cool if we could convert .dsiware file into .cia for emunand install,
through dsiware isn't as easy to convert and use as vc games like gbc, nes etc :(
and the system part sucks as it installs to sys nand and viewing these files in data management deletes all data in emunand cia's and saves :(

Pretty sure that you can :) When I downloaded my stuff with FunkyCIA, my DSiWare was stored as .CIA files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...