Hacking Converting NDS to DSIware to CIA?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you look hard enough on certain sites there's a batch converter. You just stick the it into a folder of .nds dsiware and it'll convert them all. It's in a thread on some site.
Indeed, if I believe correctly there are some "hints" to finding this site/forum somewhere either in this thread or in the DSi hacking thread. Good luck to whoever wants it...

Davidistheboss21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DID IT!! if you download wario touched dsiware, and rename meloetta distro rom to 00000002.app and place it in the wario folder it will load

Saphiredurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard only factory AGB FIRM had SD rom loading (from a fixed path I think). I see no valid reason why factory TWL_FIRM would need that ability since they could test physical NTR carts. I could understand why AGB_FIRM does because the 3DS doesn't have a physical GBA slot. They had to test GBA games on it somehow. :P
Since this threads already been bumped, this statement got me curious. Do you know if there's ever been a dump of the factory AGB_FIRM? It'd be really lovely to be able to load roms from a directory on the SD Card instead of embedded into the vc title.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this threads already been bumped, this statement got me curious. Do you know if there's ever been a dump of the factory AGB_FIRM? It'd be really lovely to be able to load roms from a directory on the SD Card instead of embedded into the vc title.
That information is on the wiki, though the ability was removed in one of the older updates. Not sure whether it's on the gbatemp wiki or 3dbrew wiki.

Davidistheboss21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um please make either a backup of your TWLNand first and/or rename the "00000002.app" to something like "00000002.app_backup" instead of deleting it.
yah good idea. also would it be possible to take the dsi ware rom rip the arm7.bin arm7i.bin arm9.bin arm9i.bin and rebuild a regular rom with the arm's from the dsiware game?

ImFreddyFazbearYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo DSi:
1. Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20737085/dsi_srl_extract.zip
2. Copy any and all DSiWare titles you have to your SD card (Note: only works with an actual DSi)
3. Navigate to /private/ds/title
4. Use the executable make sure to use the --nomodcrypt eg. "dsi_srl_extract.exe file.bin --nomodcrypt". You have to use --nomodcrypt to make proper dumps!
5. You now have the ripped (and decrypted) rom from your DSiWare

Nintendo 3DS: (4.x only)
1. Download https://mega.co.nz/#!yJRDyJTB!4XHklwfVbbwbYNdfqUjvdVIHyo5gPUBfAIf78Hu9j0c
2. Get the ID from your DSiWare (If you only copy one to your SD it'll be in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<UID0>\<UID1>\Nintendo DSiWare\<your game's ID>.bin) (You can also see it on the top screen in BBB or DevMenu but the ID you want to use later is without the 0x)
3. Edit dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py
4. Change to
5. Run dsiware_InjectTitleIDinMset.py (You'll need python for this)
6. Copy msetforboss.dat to your 3DS' SD card
7. Use MultiROP-Loader and select MsetForBoss (4x or 6x depends on your FW)
8. Go to system settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile (If it doesn't load reboot and try again)
9. Select "dump DSiWare" and press A
10. You'll now have that one DSiWare title dumped on your 3DS' SD card as dsiware.nds

dsi link doesnt work

Sakress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP said no DS games are available as DSi Ware, but I think I saw some Hell's Kitchen one on the DSi Shop thing, and I had seen DS cartridge versions being sold as used at some EB Games. No idea if they're the same though, and I could never buy the DSi Ware version to check, because A.) I'm pretty sure they don't make DSi points cards anymore, and B.) I destroyed my DSi. On purpose. For fun. And it was pretty fun. Oh, and C.) I don't think I saw it on the eShop either.

Anyways, I think maybe you could run DSi Ware titles off the SD card if someone made a program for the 3DS kinda like the Wii's SD Card channel that let you run .WADs off of the SD card, but instead, let you run DSi Ware and converted DS titles from that software, by forcing into either DS or DSi mode and running the software you choose.
Kinda wish Ninty implemented that for DSi Ware on the DSi and 3DS. I hate having to transfer stuff back and forth between my SD card and system memory all the time when I want to play goddamn chess or a breakout clone.

There is a cartridge version of Plants Vs. Zombies which is available as a DSiWare. I suspect it’s not impossible. Maybe rebuilding the ROM as a .CIA from scratch would be a plausible yet time consuming option.

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I DID IT!! if you download wario touched dsiware, and rename meloetta distro rom to 00000002.app and place it in the wario folder it will load

I found the rom on internet and its really can be loaded from injection (I used the GodMode9 --> renamed the rom to the name of original app) on a DSiWare installed on 3DS. Its code has NTR, maybe it has something related to how its works and retail roms doesnt work. I don't know much about it, but people should examine this, as it could allow to load retail roms from TWL NAND.

@Sono @Robz8

Last edited by GUEDES_et_al,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work