Hacking Custom WarioWare Touched! DL cia

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a hypothesis on the WarioWare Touched 3ds cia that it could run any DS game.
"Why do you state that?" you may ask
The cia for warioware touched dl includes the extracted content of WW Touched's rom, which consists of arm7 and arm9 bin files.
If we extract the CIA and replace the files from an extracted nds file, we can possibly get a new way to access NDS game roms (non-Dsiware) on the 3ds without NDS-bootstrap or any forwarders
Any thoughts? I can't check it myself because my 3ds is bricked and i'm waiting for delivery of my flashcart

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That doesn't sound plausible to me. SLOT-1 games will try to access SLOT-1 and not TWLNAND.
There is probably very good reason for the enormous effort creating nds-bootstrap.

And good luck with the delivery! I really hope your N3DSXL gets revived.

Reactions: SylverReZ

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't work. In the DL version of WW Touched, the game is recompiled from the original source code using the TWL SDK, which already has support for reading from TWLNAND or SD.
In addition, the DL version has some tweaks added, such as the sound data being loaded all at once instead of only parts of it, and some now-unused Slot-2 data removed to make the ROM size a bit small.

That said, if you'd want a DS game to access the TWLNAND or SD card without nds-bootstrap patches, you'd need to somehow acquire both the TWL SDK and the game's source code.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o