Homebrew [NDS] Yet Another nds-bootstrap Forwarder: more than 40 forwarders are now possible

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, maybe someone around here can help me.

I don't know if this is just me being a little dumb dumb but is there a way to use this software to create forwarders without inserting the SD card on the computer?

Right now I can't seem to get it working...

Since I have a N3DSXL I'd rather not be unscrewing and screwing the backplate to get access to my stuff and I usually use an FTP app or FBI Link to instead.
yes, it's possible just click the icon on the side of the save icons "Export to cia" on your rom that you're making a forwarder and it'll save on your computer, and use FTP an boom, done

Reactions: verypedro

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, it's possible just click the icon on the side of the save icons "Export to cia" on your rom that you're making a forwarder and it'll save on your computer, and use FTP an boom, done

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but there is no "Export to Cia" option that I can see.

Everything seems to be set up accordingly, but when I click the download button to generate an output I just get stuck on this loading screen forever.
Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 15.17.29.png

Last edited by verypedro,

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
O
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but there is no "Export to Cia" option that I can see.

Everything seems to be set up accordingly, but when I click the download button to generate an output I just get stuck on this loading screen forever.
View attachment 384707
Oh shit sorry didn't noticed you were talking about YANBF, so you need to make sure of the logo if it's in the right proportions, and make sure the generator directory doesn't need adminitrator access to create the output, in case of anything, go copy the generator file and take a look if the cia is there, or maybe wait

Reactions: verypedro

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
O

Oh shit sorry didn't noticed you were talking about YANBF, so you need to make sure of the logo if it's in the right proportions, and make sure the generator directory doesn't need adminitrator access to create the output, in case of anything, go copy the generator file and take a look if the cia is there, or maybe wait
Well, never mind! I managed to make it work. Today after many many tries I consistently made it generate a cia that I could send to my 3DS and get it working. Not sure what happened there, but it's working and I didn't need to change anything.

But thank you so much for the help!

Reactions: Mr_Start

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need made step by spep for all games?
No need. You can load all your games at once and make a CIA installer for their forwarders in bulk, but you'll have to manually type the custom path for each of them.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, since I'm here. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to play the DS games through this forwarder in Widescreen?

If I boot a Widescreen supported game trough Twilight Menu it's in glorious 16:10, but not if I open through the 3DS Menu itself

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. Turns out I never downloaded the YANBF Package from Universal Updater so I wasn't able to get to the NTR Forwarder menu by holding Y while launching a DS game from the 3DS menu. Now that I have access to it I can toggle Widescreen on a game to game basis.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just loads infinitely for me, anyone have any idea what's happening?

NVM, ran it as administrator and directed it to the sd card's rom path

Is there any way to edit the titles for these? Some of them are too long and part of the word is on one line and part on another. Also wondering if there's any way to just use the default boxart banner and DS chime for everything, as some of them being custom and some being normal just looks weird

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,
Reactions: skapunkpee

KkJin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i'm having some difficulties with the program when turning nds files into cias.
I tried converting 2 games at a time (bleach dark souls that wasn't on my sd card, and wario ware touched which was already on it with a save file); the firt time i used it, so i could see how it works in both cases. By doing so, i got a cia file for the wario game, but not for the bleach one (a red cross appeared where the green confirmation icon should be). I thought that didn't work because it's an undub version and just put the wario game which appeared on the home screen and played perfectly with the save file i had.
However, when i tried to convert the rest of my nds games, none of them became a cia file. I got the same result as the bleach game that i tried to convert with the wario one (the red cross on the side). So i tried converting warioware a second time just in case, and it didn't work this time. I also tried changing the path for the rom to the sd card directly, which appeared to be impossible, and when i changed it by typing it manually, i just got an endless loading time.
So i'm pretty confused as to what i should do because i didn't touch anything after the first conversion. Any idea please ?

edit : nvm, i'm just dumb and didn't realize that i had to edit the rom path (although it worked without me doing so the very first time)

Last edited by KkJin,

KkJin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i apologize for the successive posts but i'm having kind of an issue with the forwarder.

Some games, merge/take other games' places when i install their cia, a problem i already had with the original nds forwarder, but i still managed to get all my ds games on the homescreen at that time. However, right now i have 2 games that seemingly cannot coexist with the YANBF method : Fire emblem 12 which is an english patched rom as the game never released outside of japan, and Wario ware touched. Both come with an upper screen icon and a sound instead of just the box art.

Whenever i install the cia of one game, the second installed takes the place of the first installed. This isn't a big deal since i can still play these with the original nds forwarder but i'd prefer using the ones with custom icon and sound on the hom screen, if anyone has any idea of how to make it work.

Side note, i had to force install the fire emblem game's forwarder, and it always starts with a message telling me it lacks the dsi enhancement thing and that i have to press a to still launch the game.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having a problem which i dunno why but i'm trying to download to more games, and for some reason, they don't create another Forwarder, they replace existing ones, for example my GTA Chinatown Wars got replaced by Ace Attorney 4, but the icon of GTA Chinatown still there but when accessed, is Ace Attorney.

Can someone explain it to me? Thanks

It is basically the same problem that this guy above me is having

Hi, i apologize for the successive posts but i'm having kind of an issue with the forwarder.

Some games, merge/take other games' places when i install their cia, a problem i already had with the original nds forwarder, but i still managed to get all my ds games on the homescreen at that time. However, right now i have 2 games that seemingly cannot coexist with the YANBF method : Fire emblem 12 which is an english patched rom as the game never released outside of japan, and Wario ware touched. Both come with an upper screen icon and a sound instead of just the box art.

Whenever i install the cia of one game, the second installed takes the place of the first installed. This isn't a big deal since i can still play these with the original nds forwarder but i'd prefer using the ones with custom icon and sound on the hom screen, if anyone has any idea of how to make it work.

Side note, i had to force install the fire emblem game's forwarder, and it always starts with a message telling me it lacks the dsi enhancement thing and that i have to press a to still launch the game.

Thank you in advance for your help !
i have an question, how many DS games you have made as YANBF forwarder

Last edited by Mr_Start,

chocchar

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i found that when downloading more than 40 only 40 would actually install and if you tried to add any more they would merge like listed above.

it also seems to happen if you download some of them now and then some more later, even with less than 40 total

Last edited by chocchar,

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found that when downloading more than 40 only 40 would actually install and if you tried to add any more they would merge like listed above.

it also seems to happen if you download some of them now and then some more later, even with less than 40 total
Are you sure you used this forwarder and not the original one that creates the forwarders as DSiWare games? You shouldn’t be experiencing any kind of 40 game limit with this, doesn’t make any sense. I installed like 100+ no issue

chocchar

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was using this one and i dont know why it wont download more than 40 without merging them or just the merging in general but i am fine with it for now as i can use both the dsiware one and this one to get 80 which is enough at this moment.

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i was using this one and i dont know why it wont download more than 40 without merging them or just the merging in general but i am fine with it for now as i can use both the dsiware one and this one to get 80 which is enough at this moment.
i thought that the YANBF could go way above of 40 forwarders, but now i'm thinking that everyone made a misread, and actually, go above the limit of 40 Robz's forwarders and keep ongoing to 80 using the YANBF

Are you sure you used this forwarder and not the original one that creates the forwarders as DSiWare games? You shouldn’t be experiencing any kind of 40 game limit with this, doesn’t make any sense. I installed like 100+ no issue
i'm using some like 3 DS forwarders by robz and the rest like 43 forwarders of the YANBF as i counted

Last edited by Mr_Start,

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey quick question, I made a post about it already but I might have used this forwarder - I am having trouble removing some of the titles I forwarded, a few of them show up in Data Management / FBI but many aren't represented. How would I go about finding a removing the rest of them?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey quick question, I made a post about it already but I might have used this forwarder - I am having trouble removing some of the titles I forwarded, a few of them show up in Data Management / FBI but many aren't represented. How would I go about finding a removing the rest of them?
Try using FakeTik to re-generate the tickets.

pijjj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games I install via YANBF take quite a while to start up (20 seconds of black screen followed by about 30 seconds of white screen), but they do eventually work. Is there any way to eliminate that startup behaviour? Just curious, I'm happy it's working for me!

Reactions: champsblinder02

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games I install via YANBF take quite a while to start up (20 seconds of black screen followed by about 30 seconds of white screen), but they do eventually work. Is there any way to eliminate that startup behaviour? Just curious, I'm happy it's working for me!
No not really, TwilightMenu takes a similar amount of time to load the menu and then load the game itself

Using a smaller SD Card or formatting to 64k might help, but honestly I only noticed a few seconds improvement anyway

Reactions: champsblinder02

Mikado123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i'm having problems makign this work. I open the GUI, I drag the rom into it and i copy the path to the rom as shown in the example, so /roms/namegame.nds, without sd: in front. but when i try to launch the app it goes white for seconds and then says cannot find the rom but the path is 100% correct copypasted from the folder

PoorPocketsMcNewHold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, i'm having problems makign this work. I open the GUI, I drag the rom into it and i copy the path to the rom as shown in the example, so /roms/namegame.nds, without sd: in front. but when i try to launch the app it goes white for seconds and then says cannot find the rom but the path is 100% correct copypasted from the folder
It's only in the case you have to manually put the path, so actually with "sd:/" in front. Try instead to just select the files already set on your 3DS SD card from the app, or drag and drop them. It will automatically detect the path if you have actually mounted the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0