Hacking Clarification on writing Amiibos to NTAG215s

TheGreatTitanic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered 20 NTAG215 chips from amazon for 18$ CAD, I thought this was an amazing idea since I have a Powersaves for Amiibo scanner (lost the powertag) and I thought I could write different amiibos to these chips.

Right now it is not working because I forgot that these chips are not "Powertags" so the Powersaves scanner cannot write amiibos to them.

I googled and googled, apparently I need a samsung device which I am not willing to spend money on at all right now, however I heard on the amazon review or description there is a way on the pc i guess by using a nfc dongle usb device of some sort.

I have questions, please help.

1. What is the solution to write amiibos to the NTAG215s, without a samsung w/ nfc capability?

2. Can I use a USB dongle nfc reader to the pc and somehow download tagmo to my computer? (windows 10, i5 7th gen, 1000gb space, 8gb ram)

3. Any solution for my circumstances? if none just tell me you have to buy a samsung.

PLEASE HELP, march break is short

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression to treat it like the puck that came with powersaves except they aren’t rewritable. So once u load an amiibo to it it stays that one. There’s an app on this forum a user made that uses the powersaves method

Reactions: TheGreatTitanic

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
you can use almost any nfc capable phone, but samsungs just seem to work the best, less issues, but tagmo is what you want, someone did make an app I think to use a 3ds but no idea how well it works

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use a PC and an Arduino board.
Some website (like Aliexpress) sells ready to use packs around 15$
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tools-amiibomb.467990/
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Adee...ual-for-Arduino-Freeshipping/32748789758.html
note: read the full thread, as the one sold by aliexpress is not an arduino but a clone, it might need different wiring than the one displayed in first post.

another one :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-write-amiibo-files-to-nfc-tags-using-arduino-ide.475923/

I wonder if arduino is compatible with libnfc, as I'm also interested in using it to duplicate Mifare tags (could be useful to make more pass for my house without paying hundreds of euro). The tool(fr) I found for these tags uses libnfc, but doesn't tell anything about RC522 compatibility.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: TheGreatTitanic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forget the movie but they built an entire set that looks like a village