Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read the last sentence in the citra-android readme. Read the title of this topic: "Unofficial" =/= "Official".
Please discuss that android port elsewhere unless it's close to being upstreamed

Reactions: Lunos

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I say I just did this, but I say again, it's a single "CitraSetup.exe" file, with a different icon in comp. to earlier versions. Also, every time you open Citra, it creates a shortcut in desktop.

"CitraSetup.exe" is an install program for Citra Bleeding Edge, not the emulator it self. It will install the Citra emulator to "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\citra". You need to put your User folder here "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\citra\app-0.1.83". The shortcut on the desktop is used to run Citra after it's been installed.

Last edited by Kumoashi,

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey

how can i make pokemon sun run alot more quickly on the citra emulator without any slowdowns
ok so get a toaster, put some bread in there, plug it in, make sure the toaster has a usb 3.0 port, plug that usb into a pc and print out a picture of the citra logo and put it in the toster, then do the same with the game you want to play, and turn the toaster on and you will play at 100% full speed! NO LAG. And also u need keyboard or mouse.

tivo76

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't afford a real nintendo 3ds at all okay

i can only play pokemon sun or moon on the citra emulator okay

Last edited by tivo76,

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford a real nintendo 3ds at all okay

i can only play pokemon sun or moon the citra emulator okay
i was joking man, go to unoffical thread and try some builds there, they are faster than official, and if ppl say unofficial is viruses or its broken, its false, i never had any problems. maybe the coding of them are broken, but i dont care. or go to this thread if you just want to talk about pokemon on citra or problems with the games https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-pokemon-sun-moon-oras-xy-discussion-troubleshooting.451437/

Last edited by ileikoranges,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra tests on latest bleeding edge!
  • Mii Maker - 60FPS, Perfect.
  • Cars 2 - 31FPS, Infinite Loading
  • Dragon Ball Fusions (USA Version) - 30-60FPS, Lines Glitch, Playable
  • Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D - Smooth 60FPS, music missing some instruments, Almost Perfect
  • Mario Kart 7 - 30-60FPS, Playable.
  • Mario Kart 7 Custom Track Grand Prix 7 - 30-60FPS, Playable.
  • One Piece Dai Kaizoku Colosseum - 30FPS.
  • Picross Round 2 - 60FPS, Boots. (Freeze when selecting level)
  • Pokemon Sun - 50-60FPS, playable
  • Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 60FPS, Boots.
  • The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - 50-60FPS, playable.
  • Tomodachi Life - 45-60FPS, Boots. (Playable with save file from 3DS)
  • Yoshi's New Island - Smooth 60FPS, perfect.

I have the latest bleeding edge and The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds isn't playable:

Yes, they are EUROPE games. I click Press A>LINK with 3 hearts>Begin> That's it. It won't go anywhere. @_@

Super Mario 3D Land - Playable
Kid Icarus - Unplayable - Swirl forever on the top of the screen.
New Super Mario Bros 2 - Playable
The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes - Playable.

What's wrong with The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds ? @_@
Anybody test Kid Icarus on the LATEST version of Bleeding Edge ?

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"CitraSetup.exe" is an install program for Citra Bleeding Edge, not the emulator it self. It will install the Citra emulator to "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\citra". You need to put your User folder here "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\citra\app-0.1.83". The shortcut on the desktop is used to run Citra after it's been installed.

While that location works just fine, we moved it to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Citra recently. Mac and Linux already did something similar, so we brought windows into line with how it worked on other OSes. To quickly access the folder just type %APPDATA% into the location bar in explorer. Citra searches the current folder its running in for a user folder first, and then will fallback to the %APPDATA%\Citra folder in case it doesn't exist. See https://citra-emu.org/entry/migrate-your-savefiles for maybe some more information? i dunno i never really read it lol... even though i probably should've proof read it before it was published

i was joking man, go to unoffical thread and try some builds there, they are faster than official, and if ppl say unofficial is viruses or its broken, its false, i never had any problems. maybe the coding of them are broken, but i dont care. or go to this thread if you just want to talk about pokemon on citra or problems with the games https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-pokemon-sun-moon-oras-xy-discussion-troubleshooting.451437/

yawn. once again someone claims something on the internet with hardly anything to back it up. why even post in this thread if all you are going to do is talk about the unofficial builds where they merge stuff they don't understand even though its painfully obvious it shouldn't be merged (I'll let John Doe explain why you shouldn't merge that) or better yet merge garbage thats literally hardcoded for a few games instead of taking the 10 minutes to write the actual code for it. (hint, thats the current project i'm working on. Oh boy! I can't wait to submit that code for review only to read everyone in that thread thank someone else for "fixing" the games that need keyboard support!)

But yeah, why should I expect you to understand? You haven't spent hundreds or thousands of unpaid hours working on a project just to have your userbase attribute all of your efforts to some random person who doesn't even know how to program? Or if we are talking about gdmk, someone who refuses to actually make a contribution to the project they effectively steal from? You DON'T understand which is why you say you don't care. its all bout dem pokemanzzzzz xD

leave the talk of unofficial builds in that thread. i have no issues with unofficial builds, but bringing them up here is just asking for trouble.

I have the latest bleeding edge and The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds isn't playable:

Yes, they are EUROPE games. I click Press A>LINK with 3 hearts>Begin> That's it. It won't go anywhere. @_@

Super Mario 3D Land - Playable
Kid Icarus - Unplayable - Swirl forever on the top of the screen.
New Super Mario Bros 2 - Playable
The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes - Playable.

What's wrong with The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds ? @_@
Anybody test Kid Icarus on the LATEST version of Bleeding Edge ?

The issue with link between worlds is fixed with the Scheduler rewrite which Subv wrote. Its not marked for bleeding edge as I usually leave that up to the code's author to decide if they want it added or not. Its had several passes of review though, so *maybe* it won't be much longer before its merged to master (and merging to master means it'll be in bleeding edge too as be is just master+other things). https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2260 for the code and https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2091 for the issue

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While that location works just fine, we moved it to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Citra recently. Mac and Linux already did something similar, so we brought windows into line with how it worked on other OSes. To quickly access the folder just type %APPDATA% into the location bar in explorer. Citra searches the current folder its running in for a user folder first, and then will fallback to the %APPDATA%\Citra folder in case it doesn't exist. See https://citra-emu.org/entry/migrate-your-savefiles for maybe some more information? i dunno i never really read it lol... even though i probably should've proof read it before it was published

From what I had read, that seemed to only apply to the Master build, but not the Bleed Edge builds. Last I knew, when you install Bleeding Edge, it made it's own user folder by default. Has that been changed? Does both master and bleeding edge now use the same user folder location?

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I had read, that seemed to only apply to the Master build, but not the Bleed Edge builds. Last I knew, when you install Bleeding Edge, it made it's own user folder by default. Has that been changed? Does both master and bleeding edge now use the same user folder location?

Yep! Bleeding edge is just Master + a few extra changes that are still in review. So any change in master is by default in bleeding edge.

If you were to install bleeding edge on a fresh PC or reinstall it on a pc, you'd find that the user folder is in the new location.

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have found a problem with the Shader JIT.
I'm using Citra Master-6edb024 and the game is Gravity Falls Legend of the Gnome Gemulets.
If you try to play it with the Shader JIT on, Citra will crash, but if you turn it off the game will start up and you can get in game.
The game, however, is still not playable, because all of the characters/enemies are invisible.
Turning the Shader JIT back on while the game is running will cause Citra to crash as well, but no errors are printed to the console window.
See attached screenshots for more info.
upload_2016-12-10_0-28-45.png

upload_2016-12-10_0-25-22.png
upload_2016-12-10_0-42-25.png

upload_2016-12-10_0-42-46.png

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think I have found a problem with the Shader JIT.
I'm using Citra Master-6edb024 and the game is Gravity Falls Legend of the Gnome Gemulets.
If you try to play it with the Shader JIT on, Citra will crash, but if you turn it off the game will start up and you can get in game.
The game, however, is still not playable, because all of the characters/enemies are invisible.
Turning the Shader JIT back on while the game is running will cause Citra to crash as well, but no errors are printed to the console window.
See attached screenshots for more info.

@Kumoashi Please report this issue at Github. You can create a backtrace since you have Visual Studio debugger installed on your PC.
An example on how to create an issue report
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2262

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Miguel Gomez I don't think so.

@Kumoashi To create backtrace is easy.

As the screenshot provide by you above it shows "Debug" and "Close Program" button when Citra crash.
Click the debug button so that it will open it with Visual Studio Debugger. It will then ask for the source files which you can obtain it here master.zip

Then you just screenshot all the tabs that I opened in Visual Studio as shown in the example of my screenshot in https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2262

Last edited by Dragios,

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Miguel Gomez I don't think so.

@Kumoashi To create backtrace is easy.

As the screenshot provide by you above it shows "Debug" and "Close Program" button when Citra crash.
Click the debug button so that it will open it with Visual Studio Debugger. It will then ask for the source files which you can obtain it here master.zip

Then you just screenshot all the tabs that I opened in Visual Studio as shown in the example of my screenshot in https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/2262
When I click on debug I get this. How do I get it to ask for the source?
upload_2016-12-10_5-8-8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y