Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he would do that, that's all the reason CBHC is not Mocha : faster firmware patch at boot with minimalist features.
if you need Mocha, you can edit CBHC autoboot setting to launch Mocha automatically instead of using CBHC patches.
The only reason I am asking is because you can use a darkmode cheat so that your system menu is themed dark. Mocha is slower so id rather not use that personally.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
The only reason I am asking is because you can use a darkmode cheat so that your system menu is themed dark. Mocha is slower so id rather not use that personally.
well, Do it yourself™ (it's kinda easy: find the file where the patches are, add the patch, recompile everything)

IYDANM

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i got a question, i have this installed and everything works great. But now i want to upgrade my sd card (its only 4gb). So can i just move these files to my new sd Card?

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have a question before i take the risk and install CBHC, i got the Wii U from a friend of mine and it's already modded with Haxchi installed over a DS game which i belive it's "Kirby", so i kept his NNID along with his Mii as i was afraid if i removed it the DS game or Haxchi will be deleted, im well aware that if the DS game got deleted with CBHC installed it will brick the Wii U.
now my Quastion is:
what are the chances for the DS game to be deleted automatically?
If something happened to the NNID that own the DS game outside of the Wii U (changes, deletion, suspension), will that effect the NNID i have in the Wii U or delete the DS game?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question before i take the risk and install CBHC, i got the Wii U from a friend of mine and it's already modded with Haxchi installed over a DS game which i belive it's "Kirby", so i kept his NNID along with his Mii as i was afraid if i removed it the DS game or Haxchi will be deleted, im well aware that if the DS game got deleted with CBHC installed it will brick the Wii U.
now my Quastion is:
what are the chances for the DS game to be deleted automatically?
If something happened to the NNID that own the DS game outside of the Wii U (changes, deletion, suspension), will that effect the NNID i have in the Wii U or delete the DS game?
Don't install CBHC in a NNID account that you can't manage. Why take the risk? It's 10 bucks or less to buy a game and hack it yourself. That way there's no future surpises.

Reactions: Lazyboss

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
CBHC installed. Wii U conquered :)

Btw, I installed the homebrew launcher to the USB HDD instead of NAND. I guess that doesn't matter.

Also WUP installer errored out while installing it, and after rebooting I found it installed on the system menu, so I'm guessing it still installed? Or do I delete that and install again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC installed. Wii U conquered :)

Btw, I installed the homebrew launcher to the USB HDD instead of NAND. I guess that doesn't matter.

Also WUP installer errored out while installing it, and after rebooting I found it installed on the system menu, so I'm guessing it still installed? Or do I delete that and install again?

it doesn't matter. did it say something about no usb drive was present? that's a bug with wup installer. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to happen if you go into system settings and possibly the vWii before opening wup installer. it may be a combination of that and the usb being used. and, yes, resetting the wii u resets wup installer.

Last edited by godreborn,

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
it doesn't matter. did it say something about no usb drive was present? that's a bug with wup installer. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to happen if you go into system settings and possibly the vWii before opening wup installer. it may be a combination of that and the usb being used. and, yes, resetting the wii u resets wup installer.
No it didn't mention the no USB thing.

I haven't installed anything through wup since installing it. I'll see how it goes later.

Last edited by titaniuml,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. I just read your post again. I didn't realize it was the wup installer install that errored. I thought it was an error with wup installer in general.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does CBHC work on 5.5.2? I see nothing in the update log that would stop it from working but the OP says it only works on 5.5.1, and I would rather not brick just because I am lazy and would like to no longer have to open haxchi every time.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Does CBHC work on 5.5.2? I see nothing in the update log that would stop it from working but the OP says it only works on 5.5.1, and I would rather not brick just because I am lazy and would like to no longer have to open haxchi every time.
Yea I just did CBHC on 5.5.2 yesterday :)

jlkkljh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to anyone having trouble using cbhc with homebrew launcher channel, i solved my problem simply by updating/(re-)installing cbhc after hbc

original problem was that by launching hbc the wiiu(black wersion) hangs at black screen and a hard reset is required. hbc would work through cbhc, but not hbc from wiiu home

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...