Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Haxchi installed into Yoshi touch n' go, and Haxchi boots fine with working games. I however did not ever load the original Yoshi game because I forgot to. Am I still safe to use this? "DO NOT INSTALL IT from a freshly downloaded, never started/tested game or you may brick"

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Haxchi installed into Yoshi touch n' go, and Haxchi boots fine with working games. I however did not ever load the original Yoshi game because I forgot to. Am I still safe to use this? "DO NOT INSTALL IT from a freshly downloaded, never started/tested game or you may brick"
So... When you launch Yoshi, haxchi boots fine? If that's the case, CBHC will not brick you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power off your Wii U. Turn it back on. If Haxchi still works after doing this, then it is relatively safe to install CBHC.

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got tried of loading up Haxchi every time I turned on my WII U plus my son would forget about it and get upset. (he is 5:huh:) Anyways Is there anyways to change the boot splash screen when the WII U boots?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got tried of loading up Haxchi every time I turned on my WII U plus my son would forget about it and get upset. (he is 5:huh:) Anyways Is there anyways to change the boot splash screen when the WII U boots?
No, not without (dangerously) delving into the boot files & bootrom. I'm not sure if you even can change it, it may be in the bootrom, which as the name implies, is read-only and cannot be changed.
If we get something like Boot9Strap in the 3DS scene here we might be able to, but not with CBHC (which loads only when the system menu would load).

Reactions: Magnus Hydra

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Haxchi's own CFW, is that what you mean? How would I got about doing this there isn't anything in the OP about launching separate apps other than CFW's
try this. Have haxchi boot up mocha instead of haxchi cfw. Instead of using the mocha .elf, rename the hid to vpad elf to mocha.elf, or whatever mochacfw uses. It should then launch into hid2vpad instead of mocha, and you can switch it back whenever.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but with this method, sig patches won't be applied right? That doesn't exactly make anything better if so
Well I said it only really works if you either don't need cfw or don't care about it. What you might be able to do is create an emunand and install a second CBHC to that that launches hid2vpad, but that might be a bit hard to set up.

Last edited by Giodude,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi!
after installing CBHC can I still use the exclamation mark-haxchi to run elfs (in this case swapdrc)?

bye,
kathy
if you got cbhc you can actualy install the official hbc channels and run every homebrew from there since cbhc will take over the haxchi title.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
after installing CBHC can I still use the exclamation mark-haxchi to run elfs (in this case swapdrc)?

bye,
kathy
Don't mess with the official HaxChi (The one with the exclamation mark) after installing CBHC. Leave it alone or you're wandering into brick town.

Once you have CBHC working tho you can install "nonlegit" HaxChis using DS games from Wii U USB Helper and set them up to boot any elf you want. Just don't get careless and accidentally install HaxChi over your CBHCd DS title

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mess with the official HaxChi (The one with the exclamation mark) after installing CBHC. Leave it alone or you're wandering into brick town.

Once you have CBHC working tho you can install "nonlegit" HaxChis using DS games from Wii U USB Helper and set them up to boot any elf you want. Just don't get careless and accidentally install HaxChi over your CBHCd DS title
How can I do this?
I'd like to be able to do that for TCPGecko and SDCafiine and SwapDRC.
Also, is it possible to do this without Wii U USB Helper? I don't own a Windows computer, though I may be getting one in the foreseeable future.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I do this?
I'd like to be able to do that for TCPGecko and SDCafiine and SwapDRC.
Also, is it possible to do this without Wii U USB Helper? I don't own a Windows computer, though I may be getting one in the foreseeable future.
You just need more DS games. You need a DS game from NUS for each "HaxChi Forwarder" you want to make. So for example for TCPGecko I'd find out where the elf file is located on my SD card. Lets say its here: SD:\wiiu\apps\TCPGecko\TCPGecko.elf

So I would use any NUS downloader to download any DS title. I would then install that DS title with WUP installer and make sure it works (you'll have to be in CFW for it to work if you downloaded it from a NUS downloader). Once you can verify that the DS title works then you would take your SD card out and put it in your computer. Go to the HaxChi folder on the root of your SD card. Open up and edit the config.txt file so that it says this at the bottom:
default=wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/TCPGecko.elf
Then save. Now install HaxChi over the DS title you installed and tested earlier (DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY INSTALL HAXCHI OVER THE TOP OF YOUR LEGIT ESHOP DS TITLE USED FOR CBHC. THIS WILL BRICK YOU)
Now every time that you tap that HaxChi title you will launch TCPGecko. You can even get creative with the icons and names so it doesn't say "HaxChi". Just be very careful when doing this.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You just need more DS games. You need a DS game from NUS for each "HaxChi Forwarder" you want to make. So for example for TCPGecko I'd find out where the elf file is located on my SD card. Lets say its here: SD:\wiiu\apps\TCPGecko\TCPGecko.elf

So I would use any NUS downloader to download any DS title. I would then install that DS title with WUP installer and make sure it works (you'll have to be in CFW for it to work if you downloaded it from a NUS downloader). Once you can verify that the DS title works then you would take your SD card out and put it in your computer. Go to the HaxChi folder on the root of your SD card. Open up and edit the config.txt file so that it says this at the bottom:
default=wiiu/apps/TCPGecko/TCPGecko.elf
Then save. Now install HaxChi over the DS title you installed and tested earlier (DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY INSTALL HAXCHI OVER THE TOP OF YOUR LEGIT ESHOP DS TITLE USED FOR CBHC. THIS WILL BRICK YOU)
Now every time that you tap that HaxChi title you will launch TCPGecko. You can even get creative with the icons and names so it doesn't say "HaxChi". Just be very careful when doing this.
you cant install over cbhc if you are using cbhc bultin in haxchi fw it will be blocked, you can only instal over it if you use mocha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)