Hardware Can Playstation TV remote play ps3?

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just wondering if anyone who might have an imported one knew about this. Normal Vitas can remote play ps3 so I'm hoping vita tv can as well.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily true, GW, all PS3 games that support game streaming can be streamed to the Vita TV, there just aren't very many PS3 games that support it.

All PS1 classics on the PS3 can be remote played, though.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would think so, but I'm not sure.

In my experience though, PS3-to-PSVita remote play has been "ehh" - the PS3 just doesn't have enough juice dormant in the background to properly stream. Then again, I've only tried Shadow of the Colossus - maybe other games work better. The PSVita wasn't really designed to be the PS3's companion device, it was designed with the PS4 in mind - chances are that you'll get far better results with that system.

As for PSOne games, you might as well buy those on the PSVita itself, there's no real need to stream them.

RyanVashEngstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Never had to much of a problem streaming as long as I have had my ps3 wired to my network. And when you edit your games to enable remote play the thought of not having to move the ps3 sounds amazing lol.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I checked this up via a Youtube video and apparently the PSVita TV's firmware has the PS4 Link icon, but not the PS3 Remote Play one - it seems that the two firmwares are different forks. Odd, but true.

Benuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just in case someone is still searching for a way to use PS3 Remote Play on PSTV.

Works since the E-Mail trick/hack was released by mr.gas & Major_Tom (big thx)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye