Hacking Cannot find 'libjniproxy.so.' when launching FF:Dimensions

JammyBarstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently got FF: Dimensions for the Ps Vita, but after transfering data files, i'm met with the same error code when launching.
I've tried following a bunch of tuturials, but so far am hit witht the same wall. Ive moved the fd_fix, kubridge and even libshaccg files into Ur0/ tai (There's a congfig.txt present but no *KERNAL, and i don't know if that's relevant or not)

I've tried both downloded versions and official files from my android, tried using an app extractor and File explorer to find and extract the 'libjniproxy.so' i have read can be found there, and where as i found a 'res' folder and transfered it over the data folder in ux0 (found in some tuturial), theres's no mention of the 'libjniproxy.so file.

I've played mobile/android ports on the Vita before and usually just drop the data files into the data folder in ux0 but this one needs more.

Can anyone help please?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JammyBarstard : ''theres's no mention of the 'libjniproxy.so file.''

here you go, its written in the install notes ! ->
- Open the apk with your zip explorer and extract the file libjniproxy.so from the lib/armeabi folder to ux0:data/ffd.

no need to open extra topics, you was already asking there and the answer is also there ->
https://gbatemp.net/threads/final-fantasy-dimensions-android-port-vita-v-1-0-rinnegatamante.650445/
was you even reading it ?

''There's a congfig.txt present but no *KERNAL and i don't know if that's relevant or not'' + ''I've played mobile/android ports on the Vita before'' wow speakless you are sure you did it before ?

JammyBarstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So once i've opened the apk file on my phone, i'm not seeing a lib folder at all. I've found a res folder mentioned and moved that. But unfortinatly, Ive got 'com, 'kotlin', Meta-Inf', and 'res', but unfortunatly, no 'Lib'

I started this extra topic after reading the origional post but seeing nothing to help me, in the hopes someone has gone through the same thing.

And yes, i've followed tuturals in the past, but i've never really learned what many of the components, files do, or how they work. usually i have youtube tuturials, but they don't really explain within the modding terminology

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
So once i've opened the apk file on my phone, i'm not seeing a lib folder at all. I've found a res folder mentioned and moved that. But unfortinatly, Ive got 'com, 'kotlin', Meta-Inf', and 'res', but unfortunatly, no 'Lib'

I started this extra topic after reading the origional post but seeing nothing to help me, in the hopes someone has gone through the same thing.

And yes, i've followed tuturals in the past, but i've never really learned what many of the components, files do, or how they work. usually i have youtube tuturials, but they don't really explain within the modding terminology
You can open it in winrar on windows, .apk files is just like a .zip file, so you don't need anything extra to open it and extract it

JammyBarstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can open it in winrar on windows, .apk files is just like a .zip file, so you don't need anything extra to open it and extract it
Thanks, the WinRar works great to open the files via my pc, but i cannot find a lib folder within its contents. I use an offical apk i transfered from my android. Ive uninatalled and reinstalled just incase but have all the folders, except the one i need.
Is there any other way to find the folder? I have searched everythere and have only fond somethig called a 'Happy Mod' which has the lib folder but not the libjniproxy.so file.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah know the problem JammyBarstard :) man read the NFO !

Do not use any MOD files ! example 'Happy Mod'
You need exactly version 1.1.3, without any mod.

com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk
open with ZIP on PC ->
com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk.zip

folders inside ->

assets
lib -> armeabi -> libjniproxy.so
META-INF
res

in this fact you was never use a offical apk.. since it was modded. download somewhere on google the original apk 1.1.3 without mod and than it should work.

JammyBarstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah know the problem JammyBarstard :) man read the NFO !

Do not use any MOD files ! example 'Happy Mod'
You need exactly version 1.1.3, without any mod.

com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk
open with ZIP on PC ->
com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk.zip

folders inside ->

assets
lib -> armeabi -> libjniproxy.so
META-INF
res

in this fact you was never use a offical apk.. since it was modded. download somewhere on google the original apk 1.1.3 without mod and than it should work.
Thank you, this worked so far as to find me the libjniproxy.so file. But i'm still coming up with the sane error code. I've followed the instructions to the letter, by the best of my abilities. The link for the download uses the 1.2 rather than the 1.1.3, considering this sounds like it's an updated file i had hoped this wouldn't matter. If it does, i'm not sure i can find the exact 1.1.3 version since the only download link is for 1.2.
I've placed the libjniproxy.so file into the data folder into ux0, the obb file (changing its name to Main Obb), transfered over the Res folder into the data folder. I've also made sure to install - kubridge.skprx, fd_fix.skprx and libshacccg.suprx all to the Tai folder, which is in my Ur0 rather than Ux0, but i use a Sd2vita so i think that's why that is different from the instructions (There's no *KERNAL in the folder though)

I've deleted all i've had and used only the files found from the links, soft reset and reinstalled the vpk, but i'm still at the same error of not being able to open libjniproxy

:(

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the download file for 1.2 is the vpk loader for the vita, this has nothing to do with your android data files that need 1.1.3

-> FFD-Vita v.1.2.vpk = vita loader -> bubble loader
-> com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk = android data files -> libjniproxy.so

ux0:data/ffd/libjniproxy.so - 2.54MB
ux0:data/ffd/main.obb - 199.38MB
ux0:data/ffd/res/....

sorry, can not help you more...

JammyBarstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the download file for 1.2 is the vpk loader for the vita, this has nothing to do with your android data files that need 1.1.3

-> FFD-Vita v.1.2.vpk = vita loader -> bubble loader
-> com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffl_gp_1.1.3.apk = android data files -> libjniproxy.so

ux0:data/ffd/libjniproxy.so - 2.54MB
ux0:data/ffd/main.obb - 199.38MB
ux0:data/ffd/res/....

sorry, can not help you more...
Thank you, i found the issue. For anyone who expierences the same issue.

I had to rename the data folder from' ffd-vita-v1.2', to just 'ffd'

I done this within Vitashell too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?