Hacking BS9 Flashcart review incoming. (not the one from r4i-sdhc.com)

Zaphod77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have talked a team into sending me a cart for review purposes. :)

1) Do i post it here or in DS section? As it is an NTR flashcart it technically belonds there. but it also has useful stuff on a 3DS, so by that rule it goes here.

2) does anyone have a torture test suite of homebrew and nds games to test a cart with for review purposes. I Already know that Prosecutors Path is a really good test, as is Metroid Prime Pinball.

3) as long as safebs9instalelr boots, the NTRhax test is complete right?

4) what rules do I need to keep in mind for reviews and links posted? I've never done this before, so i want to do it right. The team's own site does not seem to have ROM links, therefore I believe it is safe to link to.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I may have talked a team into sending me a cart for review purposes. :)

1) Do i post it here or in DS section? As it is an NTR flashcart it technically belonds there. but it also has useful stuff on a 3DS, so by that rule it goes here.

2) does anyone have a torture test suite of homebrew and nds games to test a cart with for review purposes. I Already know that Prosecutors Path is a really good test, as is Metroid Prime Pinball.

3) as long as safebs9instalelr boots, the NTRhax test is complete right?

4) what rules do I need to keep in mind for reviews and links posted? I've never done this before, so i want to do it right. The team's own site does not seem to have ROM links, therefore I believe it is safe to link to.
1) Here. Ntrboot does not run, or is intended for, a DS. 3ds section only. Flashcarts and custom firmware.
2) lol, not me.
3) Yes, but there are other ways. Either load ntrboot.firm or flash something non-b9s to the flashcard. Standard b9s loads boot.firm, so you need to load something different to see if it actually is working.
4) Just don't be spammy and shilly (i.e. compromising neutrality just because the team gave you free stuff). Make sure you clear it with a gbatemp staff member first.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Title of thread
BS9 Flashcart review incoming. (not the one from r4i-sdhc.com)
Title of section
Flashcards & Custom Firmwares
And? I don't think that the forum section is the right place for reviews. That's what the review section is for after all.
In addition to that, other flashcard reviews have been posted there, too: http://gbatemp.net/reviews/hardware.16/

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
And? I don't think that the forum section is the right place for reviews. That's what the review section is for after all.
In addition to that, other flashcard reviews have been posted there, too: http://gbatemp.net/reviews/hardware.16/
I guess he could put it there, but he will get more views here. This is where the 3ds community is.
Most of the reviews in that section you posted are for non-scene stuff. It's a bad fit.

Anyway, it's up to him. I don't really care.

Zaphod77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team naturally wants a positive review. I replied that i intend to give an honest review, but that if the card acts as expected, there's no reason it would not be positive.

There's a hardware section for 3ds, a flashcart section for 3ds, and a flashcart section for nds. There is NO hardware section for NDS. The card is intended for use on DS and 3ds systems.

still waiting on a PM for question 2. :)

i have a 3ds without bs9, so i can test by performing an install. it does have a9lh. must that be removed first? i understand that on new3ds there's a need to restore a secret sector?

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...