Hacking BS9 Flashcart review incoming. (not the one from r4i-sdhc.com)

Zaphod77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have talked a team into sending me a cart for review purposes. :)

1) Do i post it here or in DS section? As it is an NTR flashcart it technically belonds there. but it also has useful stuff on a 3DS, so by that rule it goes here.

2) does anyone have a torture test suite of homebrew and nds games to test a cart with for review purposes. I Already know that Prosecutors Path is a really good test, as is Metroid Prime Pinball.

3) as long as safebs9instalelr boots, the NTRhax test is complete right?

4) what rules do I need to keep in mind for reviews and links posted? I've never done this before, so i want to do it right. The team's own site does not seem to have ROM links, therefore I believe it is safe to link to.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I may have talked a team into sending me a cart for review purposes. :)

1) Do i post it here or in DS section? As it is an NTR flashcart it technically belonds there. but it also has useful stuff on a 3DS, so by that rule it goes here.

2) does anyone have a torture test suite of homebrew and nds games to test a cart with for review purposes. I Already know that Prosecutors Path is a really good test, as is Metroid Prime Pinball.

3) as long as safebs9instalelr boots, the NTRhax test is complete right?

4) what rules do I need to keep in mind for reviews and links posted? I've never done this before, so i want to do it right. The team's own site does not seem to have ROM links, therefore I believe it is safe to link to.
1) Here. Ntrboot does not run, or is intended for, a DS. 3ds section only. Flashcarts and custom firmware.
2) lol, not me.
3) Yes, but there are other ways. Either load ntrboot.firm or flash something non-b9s to the flashcard. Standard b9s loads boot.firm, so you need to load something different to see if it actually is working.
4) Just don't be spammy and shilly (i.e. compromising neutrality just because the team gave you free stuff). Make sure you clear it with a gbatemp staff member first.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Title of thread
BS9 Flashcart review incoming. (not the one from r4i-sdhc.com)
Title of section
Flashcards & Custom Firmwares
And? I don't think that the forum section is the right place for reviews. That's what the review section is for after all.
In addition to that, other flashcard reviews have been posted there, too: http://gbatemp.net/reviews/hardware.16/

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
And? I don't think that the forum section is the right place for reviews. That's what the review section is for after all.
In addition to that, other flashcard reviews have been posted there, too: http://gbatemp.net/reviews/hardware.16/
I guess he could put it there, but he will get more views here. This is where the 3ds community is.
Most of the reviews in that section you posted are for non-scene stuff. It's a bad fit.

Anyway, it's up to him. I don't really care.

Zaphod77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team naturally wants a positive review. I replied that i intend to give an honest review, but that if the card acts as expected, there's no reason it would not be positive.

There's a hardware section for 3ds, a flashcart section for 3ds, and a flashcart section for nds. There is NO hardware section for NDS. The card is intended for use on DS and 3ds systems.

still waiting on a PM for question 2. :)

i have a 3ds without bs9, so i can test by performing an install. it does have a9lh. must that be removed first? i understand that on new3ds there's a need to restore a secret sector?

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?