Gaming Homebrew Review 4IFIR / OC Suite - Showcases (performance / power consumption)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Like lower ram timing parameters.

Timings in ST6+ are so at the limit of what is possible. At least for now, I don’t have any obvious solutions to improve them even more. But it is quite possible to raise the frequency up to 3200 MHz. I am testing this feature, and if it proves to be stable and reliable, it will be part of 4IFIR in one of the upcoming updates.

Memory is still the bottleneck limiting console performance.

Theoretically, in addition to the already obtained memory performance in 4IFIR, you can literally multiply it by two. 4IFIR-e implements theoretical read-on-write support for supported memory modules. On Taobao, I saw such modules for $24 (for 2 units). Next is the work of hands and a soldering dryer.

The one who is the first to install such modules together with 4IFIR on the MARIKO console will have the fastest Nintendo Switch in the world.

But this feature has not been tested.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Crash Team Racing
Switch Lite / 60FPS / ~4 watt (less than portable stock wattage, lol) / 4IFIR 1.4 ST6
Mods: FPSLocker
2023041203570900-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041203570400-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041203555900-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041203560000-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041203555400-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041203555200-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg2023041202214900-AD808EFD2C53DCD6F8380113B64A0DD4.jpg

Last edited by Cooler3D,

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
show us power consumption on videos not screenshot then:rofl2:
Post automatically merged:

i can do 3w on screenshot to

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
show us power consumption on videos not screenshot then:rofl2:

I created 4IFIR loaded with breakthrough features to give you the best gaming experience. It's a gift, I don't ask for anything in return. If you don't need it, I don't force it.
To give you a visual idea of the possibilities of a gift, I have recorded showcases for you.
If you suspect that there is an inaccuracy in the test results, make sure of this for sure (4IFIR is at arm's length from you), if the mistake is confirmed, correct me by offering correct data.
That's what educated people do, isn't it?

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I created 4IFIR loaded with breakthrough features to give you the best gaming experience. It's a gift, I don't ask for anything in return. If you don't need it, I don't force it.
To give you a visual idea of the possibilities of a gift, I have recorded showcases for you.
If you suspect that there is an inaccuracy in the test results, make sure of this for sure (4IFIR is at arm's length from you), if the mistake is confirmed, correct me by offering correct data.
That's what educated people do, isn't it?
you should be give a real number on actual videos

this one is proper number at 10w,

Last edited by ucupetuks,

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
how does it wo
How does it run on a V1? I see that Ram is at 2400 and i know that safe ram for V1 is 1862.
Would love to know, thanks!

Reactions: Cooler3D

cliffkhew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all.My sys-clk overlay in Memory clock frequcies only 1600MHz and 2131MHz in option.Is this my issue?Or any setting needed to add more frequencies like 1600,1996,2131 etc?

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
you should be give a real number on actual videos
Do you have evidence for your assertion? How do you know that the numbers are unrealistic if you have not even installed 4IFIR? Are you a clairvoyant?

Hi all.My sys-clk overlay in Memory clock frequcies only 1600MHz and 2131MHz in option.Is this my issue?Or any setting needed to add more frequencies like 1600,1996,2131 etc?
On Mariko, there are only 3 tables for RAM frequencies. The first is reserved for sleep. The second is something like an enhanced default mode. The third is overclocking. Depending on whether you are using 4IFIR or OC Suite, the latter value will be from 18XX to 2496MHz. That's how it's intended.

How does it run on a V1? I see that Ram is at 2400 and i know that safe ram for V1 is 1862.
Would love to know, thanks!
Works great for ERISTA. Stable 60 frames are available even in battery mode with 4IFIR.

i know that safe ram for V1 is 1862
This information is incorrect. However, it does not matter, even this value with 4IFIR will be enough for 60fps, thanks to the optimized memory timings.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, dude with an account registered a day ago. It will become more entertaining. Give me a minute. I'll be back soon.
that wasnt meant as a dig. I'm actually a fan

I really do wish you could just humor them tho. Obtaining your work is a huge headache. Not to sound like a dad but just ignore themmmm

Last edited by Flaming_Autist,
  • Love

huyincai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Humor, you say? Hm... Something like this?

4IFIR FAQ HAS BEEN UPDATED:

QUESTION:
I don't believe your power consumption metrics.

ANSWER:
You don't have to believe me on my word. 4IFIR is available in open access.

QUESTION:
I won't install your scam. It's obvious to me that 60 fps in Crash Team Racing at stock power consumption is impossible. "SysCLK by RetroNX" doesn't provide 60 fps even at double the power consumption.

ANSWER:
What does "SysCLK by RetroNX" have to do with 4IFIR?

QUESTION:
Someone very smart and authoritative told me that "4IFIR is a fork of SysCLK with dangerous values".

ANSWER:
Is that someone by any chance a leader of RetroNX?

QUESTION:
How did you guess?! Anyway, it doesn't matter. We both know that ZatchyCat never makes mistakes.

ANSWER:
He didn't make a mistake, you cardboard dummy, he tricked you.

QUESTION:
That's a serious accusation. You'll need VERY convincing evidence for me not to throw a tantrum.

ANSWER:
Aren't accusations supposed to be substantiated? Really? I never haven't seen any proofs from morons trying to stop my development.

QUESTION:
That because you're not the most authoritative developer in the server scene.

ANSWER:
Can't argue with that. Okay, what proof do you want me to provide?

QUESTION:
Crash Team Racing in your showcase runs at 60 fps at "4 watts power consumption". You showed gameplay in a video but power consumption proof in a screenshot to trick me. There should be 10 watts in reality. You must record a video with that screen!

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
Do you think I'm an idiot? Your overlay underestimates the readings. Record a normal video on your phone.

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
That's not what I meant. You tricked me again. I mean - record a video with power consumption measurements on an external wattmeter.

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
You're kidding me, right? I saw these cables on Amazon. Shit, not testers. Their readings are unreliable.

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
This is also shit, not a tester. The same tester as you are a developer who can't afford a basic USB ammeter.

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
You got caught! It's 5.1w!!! Not 4w, as you claim, but 5w, scammer, liar, you've revealed yourself!

ANSWER:
Those are volts, you idiot, watts are below.

QUESTION:
Some non-intuitive crap from Aliexpress. It looks like you made it yourself out of garbage. If you don't have a professional multimeter like OWON for testing, I'll smear shit on myself and start running through your thread to make it smell like our Discord.

ANSWER:
OWON? Would this one be okay?

QUESTION:
...no. I meant the OWON laboratory power supply.

ANSWER:
You won't believe it, but I happen to have one... Give me a sec.

QUESTION:
No, I changed my mind, wait, let me think what will suit me...

ANSWER:
I know what will suit you.

QUESTION:
And what is it?

ANSWER:

QUESTION:
You moron... You don't respect developers!

ANSWER:
You know who I respect even less? Toxic as****es. Get the f*** out of my thread! And take this with you. Pass it on to whoever sent you here.

QUESTION:
What exactly?

ANSWER:

Timings in ST6+ are so at the limit of what is possible. At least for now, I don’t have any obvious solutions to improve them even more. But it is quite possible to raise the frequency up to 3200 MHz. I am testing this feature, and if it proves to be stable and reliable, it will be part of 4IFIR in one of the upcoming updates.

Memory is still the bottleneck limiting console performance.

Theoretically, in addition to the already obtained memory performance in 4IFIR, you can literally multiply it by two. 4IFIR-e implements theoretical read-on-write support for supported memory modules. On Taobao, I saw such modules for $24 (for 2 units). Next is the work of hands and a soldering dryer.

The one who is the first to install such modules together with 4IFIR on the MARIKO console will have the fastest Nintendo Switch in the world.

But this feature has not been tested.
Can you allow me to try the Ram 3200Mhz vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users