• Replies 764
  • Likes 32

Kaezzine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I have an other type of issue that the online kip tool cannot fix.
I would like to go the other way down!
CPU frequencies below 612mhz and and refined GPU frequencies selection between 230mhz and 150mhz (like 180-200-210).
Also using the oc suite or kip online tool to oc the ram does remove the default 1331mhz ram from selection.

Some games are so lightweight that they can benefit from great battery life when sticking to 30fps.
I even managed to run rdr1 on OLED at 30fps with CPU 612mhz and GPU 230mhz (with more room to take the CPU down a bit as it was 50% to 60% use).

This is probably my steamdeck kind of thinking where I ask myself why use more power draw when you can use less to achieve the same end result.

So yeah at the very least if someone can point me in the direction of how to add frequency segmentation below 612mhz and 230mhz for CPU and GPU respectively with the online tool (might have missed an existing option there). Be thankful!

anon730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me a couple of days to get the new OC suite right. Jumped round all the different files posted and more. This is what worked for me on the following setup:
Mariko fw 17.0.1
AMS 1.7.0 pre release
OC Toolkit EOS v1.2
Sys-CLK-OC8.final
Updated SaltyNX 0.7.4

Hopefully this helps someone out there. My system kept crashing, but it was and old orphaned sys-clk sysmodule that was the cause. Once I deleted that from the atmosphere/contents the new Overclock software worked great
Post automatically merged:

hey, i installed on my OLED but now the max RAM i can get is 1600, what i do to unlock up to 2133 again?
You have to you the d-pad while in the Tesla menu to get to the EOS OC Toolkit menu option. Then tap. "A" on your gamepad. The next menu you will see all the options that you see on the online configuration to modify the loader.kip file. There is an option to adjust the ram there. Be sure in sys-clk you went to the miscellaneous menu and turned "uncapped clocks" to "ON" and "Override boost mode" to "OFF ."
Auto CPu boost to "on"

Override boost mode allows the system to boost the CPU clock during loading screens like in ToTK where it jumps to 1796mhz for the CPU or so and GPU drops to 76mhz or so. If you turn this off. You will force your switch to keep your overclocked or personal GPU set setting over the under lock for this short period. I suggest to let the system downclock your GPU for bit for the sake of speed and loading.

Auto CPu boost just lets the boost mode happen to the CPU if core #3 is taxed from my understanding. You can now set the boost to higher than Nintendos limit of 1785mhz upward of 2295mhz. I played around with this and started upward in 100mhz increments. Until that number that was recommended on the renetry.com guide for overclocking with the Mariko.

Last edited by anon730,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I have an other type of issue that the online kip tool cannot fix.
I would like to go the other way down!
CPU frequencies below 612mhz and and refined GPU frequencies selection between 230mhz and 150mhz (like 180-200-210).
Also using the oc suite or kip online tool to oc the ram does remove the default 1331mhz ram from selection.

Some games are so lightweight that they can benefit from great battery life when sticking to 30fps.
I even managed to run rdr1 on OLED at 30fps with CPU 612mhz and GPU 230mhz (with more room to take the CPU down a bit as it was 50% to 60% use).

This is probably my steamdeck kind of thinking where I ask myself why use more power draw when you can use less to achieve the same end result.

So yeah at the very least if someone can point me in the direction of how to add frequency segmentation below 612mhz and 230mhz for CPU and GPU respectively with the online tool (might have missed an existing option there). Be thankful!
Check the new EOS 1.2... On my Erista at least it has 1331mhz to chose...

Also now NOBODY SHOULD USE LINEN CONF5 or (EPV + Wizard) for Erista anymore.

EOS 1.2 finally has Erista CPU UV even goes below Conf5 in voltage in CPU UV 3 setting
(Might not work on all Eristas, if it doesn't just use CPU UV 2).

Also it's fine on FW 18...

EDIT: Actually EOS 1.2.1 just released... B-)

Also in case you have problems with Ultrahand 1.5.3 closing randomly, I attached below a beta of 1.5.4 so that you can replace it for EOS 1.2.1.

Will likely soon go to github and when it goes there you should update it as it will likely be a even better one.

Attachments

• ovlmenu.rar
    579 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: hippy dave

vishy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a 2 parter if anyone is willing to help. Im using the "older" version from GitHub.

1. My system clock keeps going out of sync. Any ideas why this might be happening? Didnt happen until I installed OC Suite

2. My understanding is that for Mariko the safe handheld clock is 614mhz. If i plug in the official charger is it safe to push that higher in handheld mode?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody should be using that... search for EOS 1.2.1, update atmosphere to 1.7.0, use it's toolkit to configure settings from within the switch it self without needing the configurator...

Mariko can go so much crazy higher than that plugged, also you can push some good handheld values if you properly undervolt CPU and GPU I think the recommended is to stay below 8W of power in battery mode, you can use like Status monitor to check battery power...

If you need help achieving the best ask for help here: https://discord.gg/VndKxFg7EE

Go to overclocking section and people will likely help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol