Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not up to the latest prerelease support
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-oc-suite.625066/post-10093988
Post automatically merged:

A lot of sparkling jokes come to mind, like that now I have to steal the code from Freebird, but for some reason I don’t want to joke.

KazushiMe was an enthusiast that the Switch scene didn't deserve. Infinitely talented, hardworking, absolutely conflict-free developer. He set an example for others and asked for nothing in return. It remains only to guess who is behind the abolition of KazushiMe. But I will do my best to make OC Suite the last project canceled by these scumbags.
Alls I ask is that you dont do those super crazy impossible clocks that will actually damage consoles.... Keep it where KazushiMe limited it PLEASE

Reactions: swutch and Cooler3D

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Alls I ask is that you dont do those super crazy impossible clocks that will actually damage consoles.... Keep it where KazushiMe limited it PLEASE
Despite the fact that I have something to surprise you, I will refrain from discussing in this thread my dangerous Russian scam project. I'm not a bastard enough to take advantage of what happened with OC Suite. Sorry.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You may recommend that people don't use them but it is not your place to tell them not to, or prevent developers from releasing tools that allow them to do so. News Flash, we're allowed to do whatever we want with the consoles we bought with our own money, including but not limited to things that might destroy them.

Reactions: Cooler3D

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Despite the fact that I have something to surprise you, I will refrain from discussing in this thread my dangerous Russian scam project. I'm not a bastard enough to take advantage of what happened with OC Suite. Sorry.
I think it is incredibly unfair and wrong how everyone reacted and treated you based on your project. Those people are manipulative control freaks who if I didn't know better I'd say they're against the idea of open source, considering they tried to have you canceled over lifting restrictions they put in place 🤦 (that doesn't seem freedom oriented to me). I look forward to when 4IFIR releases again, I'd love to try it out on my Erista test machine.

View attachment 357808
CTC said that wasn't him. Speculations about who made it will just make things worse
Even if it wasn't him CTC doesn't work alone when it comes to these types of cancellations and I wouldn't have ever put it past him.

My bet is that it was someone from RetroNX or a team effort by them, they did the same thing with another project.
Ironic since they claim their project is open-source and that you're free to fork and modify it yet when people try to do just that they attempt to shoot down these fork projects with great vengeance and furious anger.

I do think it's important to know who did this because otherwise this will keep happening and we will keep losing projects like this to them which obviously is not desirable.

Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,
Reactions: Thorhax

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'd love to try it out on my Erista test machine
I have good news for you. GPU optimizations have recently become available on Erista. And much more. The project has not stopped developing since the moment I asked to freeze my thread due to the fact that I physically did not have time to fend off the attacks of a certain group of people. And yes, he's come a long way from a project by someone I respect who was recently cancelled.

If we continue our dialogue here, then I will be forbidden to write in this thread again, having driven me into my wolf pit by someone with global-moderator powers. So that I do not embarrass my presence of full-fledged people. It's OK. I have long been accustomed to being an outcast for the English-speaking scene, a third-rate developer. It hasn't offended me for a long time. Time will put everything in its place.

P.s. I'm sorry if you get a 24-hour RO for talking with me, considering to be my bot.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may recommend that people don't use them but it is not your place to tell them not to, or prevent developers from releasing tools that allow them to do so. News Flash, we're allowed to do whatever we want with the consoles we bought with our own money, including but not limited to things that might destroy them.
They run worse. It has been proven that anything above what L4T sets runs worse lol Idk why people would want worse performance and actual hardware damage over stable clocks that are reasonable and safer....

• Haha
Reactions: NakedLemon

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They run worse. It has been proven that anything above what L4T sets runs worse lol Idk why people would want worse performance and actual hardware damage over stable clocks that are reasonable and safer....
I already know this, I don't have any doubts that people absolutely shouldn't do it if they value their device but I will say that it is their device and they are free to do it if they so choose (whether or not that seems logical to you or another scene member). I say this because there seems to be a coordinated effort to cancel and/or remove overclocking projects that lift safety restrictions which would allow people to do these dangerous things, effectively trying to say they're not allowed to do them rather than they shouldn't because it's a bad idea.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A lot of sparkling jokes come to mind, like that now I have to steal the code from Freebird, but for some reason I don’t want to joke.

KazushiMe was an enthusiast that the Switch scene didn't deserve. Infinitely talented, hardworking, absolutely conflict-free developer. He set an example for others and asked for nothing in return. It remains only to guess who is behind the abolition of KazushiMe. But I will do my best to make OC Suite the last project canceled by these scumbags.
Thank you so much for 4ifir! I managed to sign up to 4PDA, but im having real trouble finding my way around there.
How would i find 4ifir there?

Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Venomzver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazushiMe was an enthusiast that the Switch scene didn't deserve. Infinitely talented,
all over the world there was one stable chifir, it turns out no one else in the whole fucking world creates a switch to overclock. that this is actually his mother is happening. Sorry. Cooler3d, all hope is on you, maybe you will be able to unite with Kuzushi. even if there is no cooler3d, continue your work, we are waiting for new versions of chifir. good luck to everyone, I'm going to depress what the fuck is going on in the world. kuzushi come back!

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The whole point of homebrew on a system is that i bought the system, i worked for the money and now i can do with it whatever i want and no one can tell me otherwise!

One would think that using homebrew like Switch OC Suite or 4IFIR falls under that same mindset.

Who is anyone to tell me i CANT overclock my switch?
Even if i were to kill it in the process, isnt it still my Switch to ruin?

No one has any right to make that decision for anybody else.

Venomzver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell is going on?! we are discussing chifir on the switch os branch. Kuzushimi deleted everything and left. what is going on, someone contacted Kuzushimi? Maybe Nintendo is after him?

Attachments

• 65E00359-B7CC-4658-9677-F0C76A5F4509.jpeg
    65E00359-B7CC-4658-9677-F0C76A5F4509.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 81

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole point of homebrew on a system is that i bought the system, i worked for the money and now i can do with it whatever i want and no one can tell me otherwise!

One would think that using homebrew like Switch OC Suite or 4IFIR falls under that same mindset.

Who is anyone to tell me i CANT overclock my switch?
Even if i were to kill it in the process, isnt it still my Switch to ruin?

No one has any right to make that decision for anybody else.
Here's my take on it.
If you want to burn your hardware doing insane overclocks, then be my guest.
If you're making something to make it easier and you want to put in something stupid like 2.295 cpu on erista, then sure.
Just for the love of god, have a way to make sure that the user knows damn well they're damaging their hardware, and also that enough warnings are safeguards are there so it can't be done by accident.

And imo, being configurable is also a must for this type of thing.

But also the major thing with Switch overclocking besides power draw limits and regulator limits and whatnot is that different bins exist, and just because my unit can reach a certain clockspeed at a certain voltage doesn't mean others will, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: