Atlus launches website for Persona 5: S, again teases more info later this month

P5S-Site_04-02-19.jpg

While we're still waiting on more details for Persona 5: The Royal, Atlus is further teasing Persona fans with the sudden reveal of a teaser site for 'Persona 5: S'. We knew the existence of both Persona 5: R and Persona 5: S thanks to the registration of both domains earlier last year, but this is the first official word that we've received on S.

Translation courtesy of Gematsu said:
Calling Card

April 25, 2019.

We will show you a new Phantom Thieves that will turn the world’s cognition on its head.

We are energized by voices that seek satisfaction.

Once again, we will take your heart at the Ryougoku Kokugikan.

—From the Phantom Thieves.

A calling card was found in the site's source code, letting us know that the full reveal will occur on April 25th at the Ryougoku Kokugikan, where the second day of the Persona Super Live concert will be taking place. Persona fans should definitely look forward that week, as the first day of the event, April 24th, will be where we also get more information about Persona 5: The Royal, which is a PlayStation 4 exclusive. What do you expect Persona 5: S to be? A Nintendo Switch port, perhaps?

:arrow: Source

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Atlus really love to do these announcements of announcements with this series. I’m kind of tired of it and would rather just radio silence until a more straight forward announcement but perhaps that’s a sign that the scheme isn’t directed at folks like me.

I enjoyed my time with P5 despite a few grumblings I had about it by the end. I think it would be a welcome to addition to Switch but am also always in the “yeah, bring it to PC” camp if only to have it on a platform that I’ll still have hooked up a decade later.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Atlus really love to do these announcements of announcements with this series. I’m kind of tired of it and would rather just radio silence until a more straight forward announcement but perhaps that’s a sign that the scheme isn’t directed at folks like me.

I enjoyed my time with P5 despite a few grumblings I had about it by the end. I think it would be a welcome to addition to Switch but am also always in the “yeah, bring it to PC” camp if only to have it on a platform that I’ll still have hooked up a decade later.

I still use my Gameboy SP and the thing is quite old.

In ten years you are unlikely to have the same working PC with the same Os.

Sure Windows might still be called Windows 10 by then but Persona 5 will probably be unplayable after ten years of Windows updates.

Last edited by raxadian,

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still use my Gameboy SP and the thing is quite old.

In ten years you are unlikely to have the same working PC with the same Os.

Sure Windows might still be called Windows 10 by then but Persona 5 will probably be unplayable after ten years of Windows updates.

You suggest my preference on what I have hooked up must mean I expect the same of everyone else or that it makes it flat out better than an alternative. On the contrary, my point is to have more options. There are pros and cons to all solutions.

I have a book shelf holding various systems going back to over 30 years ago but that doesn’t mean I’m hooking up the 2600 over an emulator if the fancy hits. Now when I’m nostalgic for Super Metroid I’ll fire up the snes or super nt almost every time. The point is that options are almost always a good thing.

As for decade old games likely not working, Steam is filled with games from over 10 years ago that work fine today. Windows 7 launched just shy of 10 years ago. There are of course no guarantees and some fixes or workarounds are needed at times, plus there’s games you could argue that never worked right from day 1, but to say they probably won’t work feels like a stretch. Also consider the inverse where the problems could be lesser than some experienced today. Think where improvements in virtualization could be at that point. Hardware level graphics utilization has existed for awhile now and while I wouldn’t dare assume I could fire up something like Dark Souls in a VM on my PC, the same may not be true 10 years from now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.