Xbox Games Showcase 2023 - new Star Wars and Yakuza games announced

One of the biggest gaming events of the year is here. Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase will be airing today at 12pm CDT, giving us a look at upcoming games for both Xbox and PC. While Microsoft has been fairly secretive about the conference, we can at least expect to see Atlus' leaked Persona reveals, along with an extended look at Bethesda's Starfield, set to take place after the event ends. Catch the event live on Xbox's official YouTube channel, or keep an eye on this thread to see every update as it comes in.

Fable kicks off the show. An in-engine cinematic trailer was shown.

South of Midnight is being developed by Compulsion Games. We Happy Few devs. Looks like stylized claymation visuals. Another cinematic trailer.

Star Wars is next. Star Wars: Outlaws is coming next year. It's a Ubisoft game, with a gameplay reveal set to take place during their conference.

Thunder Lotus's new game gets a world premiere. It's a top-down action game. 33-player co-op, no that is not a typo. 33 Immortals releases next year. Spiritfarer devs.

Payday is next. Payday 3 launches September 21st.

Persona 3: Reload gets its real deal reveal trailer.

Obsidian's Avowed gets a new trailer that shows off gameplay. Medival action RPG with magic elements.

Rare and Lucasfilm are here with Sea of Thieves. The Legend of Money Island crossover. July 20th.

Another first-party game. Microsoft Flight Simulator. Aerial firefighting, search and rescue, cargo transport, air racing, and other interactive gameplay elements will be featured. Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 is out in...2024. You'll be able to pilot a craft from Dune.

Hellblade II Senua's Saga gets an update with a new cinematic trailer.

Yakuza's studio is next. Passed out on a beach is the protagonist from Yakuza 7. It looks like this Yakuza game might be taking place in America this time. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth will release early 2024.

Fallout 76 has more content on the way. Atlantic City is the next place featured.

Capcom has Path of the Goddess, a samurai style action game.

Car talk aplenty in this next one. Corvettes and Cadillacs and General Motors, and all sorts of other car things. GM and the developers of Forza Motorsport have lots to bring to the next game. Lots of fine-tuning. October 10 launch for Forza Motorsport.

Elder Scrolls Online is getting a new expansion on June 20th. Necrom Shadow over Morrowind.

Overwatch 2 has hero mastery. co-op events, firing range, story missions, and all your favorite heroes arrive on August 10th. New Heroes Starter pack will also be available in July.

Atlus is back with Persona 5 Tactica, a strategy RPG twist on P5. November 17.

Starfield is here. September 6th.

Rock climbing and exploring are featured in Don'tnod's next game. Jusant launches Fall 2023.

A cell-shaded action game with sword combat, puzzles, and ziplines is in Dungeons of Hinterburg coming next year.

Cyberpunk 2077's DLC is here, along with Keanu. Phantom Liberty sees the return of Johnny Silverhand and V. September 26, 2023. Lots of gameplay and cinematics shown.

The next game is a city building game. Make your city yours with many planning and customization options. This is Cities Skylines II, coming October 24th.

Studio Zero and Atlus take the stage here. A fantasy drama much in line with Shin Megami Tensei. Metaphor: Re Fantazio is out next year.

The Banner Saga developers have a new game. It's a co-op adventure game. Towerborne is out 2024.

InExile has a steampunk game. Clockwork Revolution, coming in due time.

Phil Spencer. He recaps the showcase, says that there's better stock for Xbox Series consoles, and now, he's advertising the new storage options for Xbox consoles with a new Xbox Series S with 1TB. $349. September 1st.

Starfield Direct kicks off.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Payday 3 isn't very impressive, but I guess if you're a fan of 1 and 2, you'll likely like it.

Avowed looks very basic. My earlier assumptions that they were using the Beta testing development time of Grounded, to bug test and develop game mechanics for a bigger title, look very likely now.

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avowed looks very basic. My earlier assumptions that they were using the Beta testing development time of Grounded, to bug test and develop game mechanics for a bigger title, look very likely now.
As long as Avowed combat is better than skyrim it'll be a nice small upgrade. Well i hope the story is somewhat decent too.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as Avowed combat is better than skyrim it'll be a nice small upgrade. Well i hope the story is somewhat decent too.
There was a small period of time, where Grounded was a very good game, but the devs showed they can't be trusted. They clearly have big egos.

Not only are they unable to take any form of criticism, they're completely against positive suggestions or ideas.

During Grounded development, many, many times, they intentionally introduced new items and mechanics in very broken states. They did this so when they eventually walked them back slightly, they were still where they truly wanted them.

Countless issues and bad decisions, loudly voices by loyal fans were just glossed over or ignored, I had to abandon the game, like many others.

I'm hoping they can do something with this game and have more competent leads (who can put their own ego aside for the good of the project) this time around. The devs definitely have the ability to make something great.

• Wow

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Keanu sounds sick, poor guy.
Post automatically merged:

Oh shit, an original Atlus IP? Thought sure it'd be nothing but Persona and spinoffs from here on out.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They put all this time, money, and effort into Starfield, but it still looks insanely boring in and out of combat. Movement speed is so slow and everything feels stiff and lifeless. It feels like a downgrade from Mass Effect all-around. Avowed will probably be better than any Bethesda game post-Morrowind.

• Love

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a small period of time, where Grounded was a very good game, but the devs showed they can't be trusted. They clearly have big egos.

Not only are they unable to take any form of criticism, they're completely against positive suggestions or ideas.

During Grounded development, many, many times, they intentionally introduced new items and mechanics in very broken states. They did this so when they eventually walked them back slightly, they were still where they truly wanted them.

Countless issues and bad decisions, loudly voices by loyal fans were just glossed over or ignored, I had to abandon the game, like many others.

I'm hoping they can do something with this game and have more competent leads (who can put their own ego aside for the good of the project) this time around. The devs definitely have the ability to make something great.
Kind of sounds like what happened with the Darkest Dungeon 2 devs after they finally came to steam from epic :unsure:

They put all this time, money, and effort into Starfield, but it still looks insanely boring in and out of combat. Movement speed is so slow and everything feels stiff and lifeless. It feels like a downgrade from Mass Effect all-around. Avowed will probably be better than any Bethesda game post-Morrowind.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks starfield looks very slow movement wise, and the spaceship stuff looks like busy work. Story sounds vague... :( edit: not a fan of the "nasapunk" style....they did show some possible fantasy stuff close to the end?

Last edited by eternal,
Reactions: yoyoyo69 and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks starfield looks very slow movement wise, and the spaceship stuff looks like busy work. Story sounds vague... :( edit: not a fan of the "nasapunk" style....they did show some possible fantasy stuff close to the end?
This close to launch and it still looks like a tech demo they forgot to add a game inside of. It's not even best-in-class presentation considering Guardians of the Galaxy already did the whole 80s aesthetic in space, and did it better. Lucky for Microsoft, Bethesda has a whole lot of hardcore fans that would buy the game at launch even if it doesn't install properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...