New Persona 3 Reload trailer announces release date and new features; DLC and collector's edition detailed

We finally have a release date for Persona 3 Reload, Atlus' upcoming remake to the beloved Persona 3. According to a new trailer released today, it will debut February 2, 2024, and will have a simultaneous release worldwide. While the trailer only mentions releases on Xbox Series X|S and Windows (via Game Pass), the official website and store listings confirm it will also be coming to Steam, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, on the same day as Microsoft's platforms.

A new developer interview from Famitsu also gives us some new details. Previously, it had been confirmed that Persona 3 Reload wouldn't feature the "The Answer" epilogue introduced in Persona 3 FES, but would include some elements from that game. It has been confirmed that Aigis' Social Link will be included, as well as the ability to take Koromaru on walks to get new items or gain Social Link points with other members of your party. Koromaru will also have a voice actor, after previous games used pre-existing dog noises in a sound library. He will be voiced by Shinya Takahashi, who voiced him in the theatrical anime films from 2014-2016. Finally, it is also confirmed that Shinjiro, Ken and Koromaru, who were missing Social Links in the original release, will be getting "side stories" that flesh out their characters. These side stories will pull from other works related to Persona 3, including the films, and presumably the Social Links these characters were given in Persona 3 Portable as well.

A few new details have been spotted in the trailer as well. Fusion spells make their first appearance in the series since the original Persona 3, and the short, surveillance footage cutscenes from the S.E.E.S. dorm will also be returning. Some features from Persona 5 will also be here, with X user shplorgilur noticed a possible tease of the Baton Pass ability, and character screens after ending a fight with an All-Out Attack are also in the trailer.

A second, shorter trailer was also released that shows the new battle theme, "It's Going Down Now." This song will play when the party successfully ambushes an enemy, and a reworked version of the original battle theme, "Mass Destruction," will play during other fights.

Store listings and pre-orders have also gone live for various platforms, which reveal the price, pre-order bonuses and day 1 DLC. The standard edition of the game will cost $69.99 USD. The Digital Deluxe version, which includes a digital artbook and digital soundtrack, will cost $79.99 USD. Lastly, the Digital Premium version, which comes with everything the digital deluxe version has plus all of the day 1 DLC, is $99.99 USD. Pre-ordering any of these version will also get players access to the Persona 4 Golden BGM Set DLC, which will also be available separately or as part of the Digital Premium edition.

Similarly to Persona 5, the DLC features new costumes, Personas and background music from previous entries. While the official announcements from Atlus do not tell us exactly what DLC will be available, these listings are already live on the Xbox Marketplace. They are:

The official website also shows off the Aigis collector's edition, which comes with the game, a physical soundtrack and artbook, a collectable box, Aigis figurine, and a pass for all the DLC. For some reason, it also entices you to pre-order by including the Persona 4 BGM Set, which is included in the DLC voucher anyway.

glamshot-aigis-en-esrb.png

:arrow: Xbox Store
:arrow: PlayStation Store
:arrow: Steam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega/Atlus and their silly little day one DLCs. This game looks sick, but that ""DLC"" is not worth the extra cost.

I think I'll probably either wait for a sale or get gamepass for a month to play this. It does look really cool, and might be just the thing I need to actually find Persona 3 enjoyable.... but $70....

Reactions: Kitocco and eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really milking all of us "fans" for everything on P3, lol. This would be like my 6th time I think if I end up buying it 😅. It does look good though, and looks like they put in new animation cut-scenes besides the old ps2 ones.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seventy fucking dollars for a remaster? Atlus needs to quit huffing their own farts.
>for a remaster

...are we calling remakes remasters now?

I do agree that 70 dollars is a bit much though. And the Digital Premium is 100 dollars... jesus.

Reactions: IRUZZ

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder, will they get rid of Social Link reversing or breaking? That was especially prominent in 3, particularly since you could not not date all the girls, and thus bringing a 'jealousy' mechanic into play (which would result in a girl's SL reversing if you didn't hang out with her often enough).

Reversing and breaking was heavily scaled back in 4, only being present in two Social Links from memory, before being removed entirely in 5's Confidant system - will Atlus also remove it for 3 Reload (or Threeload, I suppose)?

Khoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope this gets released on switch. Will definitely buy this though im still thinking whether to get this on PS5 or PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s