The new Persona ports will be coming to Steam and PlayStation 5; Persona 3 and 4 rumoured to be coming to Switch

Microsoft announced on Sunday that three highly-acclaimed games in the Persona series will be coming to Xbox One, Series X|S and Windows PC, all on Game Pass. Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal will be making their way to Xbox over the coming months, starting with Royal on October 21, 2022. This is significant as, until now, most mainline Persona games had been restricted to PlayStation platforms, with the exception of the original game getting a PC port in Japan in 1999, three years after its initial release.

Today, Atlus also confirmed these titles will be coming to Steam and PlayStation 5. It's currently unclear whether or not these ports will release on the same schedule as the Xbox ones. Golden already released on Steam back in June of 2020, and Royal is playable on PS5 through backwards compatibility with the PS4 version, but this will finally bring the most popular titles in the series consistently to a number of platforms. It also marks the first port of Persona 3 Portable, which has been locked on the PSP since its release in 2010.

Speaking of Persona 3 Portable, news of its port leaked back in December by a blogger named Zippo. While Zippo said it would be getting a "multiplatform remaster," and this appears to be more of a straight port, he nevertheless accurately predicted that it would be getting a multiplatform re-release. He also leaked, correctly, that Persona 4 Ultimax would be getting a port in July of 2021, before its announcement that December.

Zippo has again posted a leak regarding the Persona series. On Sunday, the day of Microsoft's press conference, Zippo posted a celebratory post about the announcements, and ended with the message "Don't worry, Nintendo and Sony fans, your time will come. They're coming to your platforms, too." He later updated his post to clarify that Persona 3 and Persona 4 (presumably the Portable and Golden versions) will be coming to Switch, but he's unsure if Persona 5 Royal will be making it to Nintendo's platform.

Of course, this is just a rumour, so take it with a grain of salt, but Zippo does have two solid Persona-related leaks under their belt at this point.

Source: GBAtemp Inbox

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that Microsoft put an embargo on these, so the info that they were also coming to PS and Steam couldn't be released until 48 hrs after the Xbox & Bethesda event. People want to dog on Sony for dick moves, but MS is zero amount better.

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read that Microsoft put an embargo on these, so the info that they were also coming to PS and Steam couldn't be released until 48 hrs after the Xbox & Bethesda event. People want to dog on Sony for dick moves, but MS is zero amount better.
I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss embargoes, but yeah, the news we got about this was embargoed. The reason it went out early some places is because Atlus' PR sent the email without an embargo originally and issued a correction a few hours later, after it was already reported.

EDIT: I should point out that we don't know who put an embargo on it. There's no reason to think it wasn't Microsoft, really, but I don't wanna come across like I have information I don't.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I'm never going to get to play Golden huh lol.
Phew, finally gonna get to play Golden, lol.

edit: For what it's worth, when they sent out their survey (which was mostly about how sad they were about people thinking Devil Summoner 2 looks like trash), I said that I wish they would make the updated version of Eternal Punishment available in English and for something other than the PSP.

Really hoping both P2 games make it to accessible consoles at some point. Short of the muddy battle sprites, they are not nearly as dated as you'd expect. The artwork, music, and environments are all top-notch and shouldn't be skipped by fans of the series.

Last edited by DS1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.