Atlus launches website for Persona 5: S, again teases more info later this month

P5S-Site_04-02-19.jpg

While we're still waiting on more details for Persona 5: The Royal, Atlus is further teasing Persona fans with the sudden reveal of a teaser site for 'Persona 5: S'. We knew the existence of both Persona 5: R and Persona 5: S thanks to the registration of both domains earlier last year, but this is the first official word that we've received on S.

Translation courtesy of Gematsu said:
Calling Card

April 25, 2019.

We will show you a new Phantom Thieves that will turn the world’s cognition on its head.

We are energized by voices that seek satisfaction.

Once again, we will take your heart at the Ryougoku Kokugikan.

—From the Phantom Thieves.

A calling card was found in the site's source code, letting us know that the full reveal will occur on April 25th at the Ryougoku Kokugikan, where the second day of the Persona Super Live concert will be taking place. Persona fans should definitely look forward that week, as the first day of the event, April 24th, will be where we also get more information about Persona 5: The Royal, which is a PlayStation 4 exclusive. What do you expect Persona 5: S to be? A Nintendo Switch port, perhaps?

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As for decade old games likely not working, Steam is filled with games from over 10 years ago that work fine today. Windows 7 launched just shy of 10 years ago. There are of course no guarantees and some fixes or workarounds are needed at times, plus there’s games you could argue that never worked right from day 1, but to say they probably won’t work feels like a stretch. Also consider the inverse where the problems could be lesser than some experienced today. Think where improvements in virtualization could be at that point. Hardware level graphics utilization has existed for awhile now and while I wouldn’t dare assume I could fire up something like Dark Souls in a VM on my PC, the same may not be true 10 years from now.

Windows 10 updates tend to break things, erase files, crash the computer, prevent booting...

There is a reason why a lot of gamers are still stuck with Windows 7 even if the unpaid support for it ends next year.

It was mostly a jab at how with Windows 20, an update means things might stop working or break.

I do use emulators, and yes Persona 5 should be ported to PC, but to think that means that game will work ten years from now without some workaround is naive.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teasers for teasers for teasers.

P5 was GOTY for me - I will def. buy a portable version on Switch even if it is just the PS3/PS4 version with the DLC included. The theory that there will be an additional Female Protagonist with different confidants (ala P3P) is also intriguing.

Reactions: guisadop

Shinwoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man hiding a calling card in the Page's source code sure is cool af

Envoyé de mon SM-A530F en utilisant Tapatalk

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not sure how to feel about calling p5r a ps4 exclusive...it's like calling a game that only happened to release on pc a pc exclusive. it's not like they signed a deal for it to only be on ps4 it just happens to be the only platform they have developed it for. like with what's seen with the base version of persona 5 that has the ps4 logo at the top of the box art but lacks the "only on ps4" bit next to it that accompanies truly exclusive games on the platform....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...