thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never knew about this game
blink.gif
the screenshots look great, I'm sure I will give it a go when the translation is done, Good luck with the translation.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
I was under the impression that it was done, and that this beta test was to find bugs and typos, not to finish translating the game.
If the only flaws were bugs and typos, would that mean that the initial one-man translation was grammatically perfect?
The translation was done and has been done even before this thread was ever created.
However, the translation took around an year, and it was done by a man born and raised in a non-English country.
With no source of comments, criticisms or any other types of input, the translation would not be perfect.
And probably, the quality of the translation from the start of the translation process would be lower than the quality of the later ones.
When the project started, everything was just straightforward translations. As I progressed and adopted to the game's tone, fluidity with language would at least increase by a bit.
To make sure I am delivering a quality translation patch, this closed beta consisting hand-picked testers is taking long.

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i still think your doing a good job getting this far some people just need to suck it up and wait i know i will and can't wait for the end result
smile.gif

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
psycoblaster said:
DeMoN said:
I was under the impression that it was done, and that this beta test was to find bugs and typos, not to finish translating the game.
If the only flaws were bugs and typos, would that mean that the initial one-man translation was grammatically perfect?
The translation was done and has been done even before this thread was ever created.
However, the translation took around an year, and it was done by a man born and raised in a non-English country.
With no source of comments, criticisms or any other types of input, the translation would not be perfect.
And probably, the quality of the translation from the start of the translation process would be lower than the quality of the later ones.
When the project started, everything was just straightforward translations. As I progressed and adopted to the game's tone, fluidity with language would at least increase by a bit.
To make sure I am delivering a quality translation patch, this closed beta consisting hand-picked testers is taking long.
Nuff said. Good job Psyco for your effort in translating this game... too bad I sold my DSi and got myself a PSP. I miss my DS. Well patiently waiting for this trans to be complete.
rolleyes.gif

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If making posts is the only way I can get a status update; so be it. People are too stupid to realize the differences between trolling and a normal post it seems. Just ignore this if you're going to overreact.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Shardnax said:
If making posts is the only way I can get a status update; so be it. People are too stupid to realize the differences between trolling and a normal post it seems. Just ignore this if you're going to overreact.

As this is a Closed Beta, the updates will flow only when there are any really important info about the advance of the project.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shardnax said:

This is what I was saying before I got lambasted by the white knighters on this board-Pysco THANK YOU for the hard work your putting into this project and I apologize if any thing i said became misconstrued ( as it soooo often does on this board) by the folks that seem to think it's their job to defend other people. Work by people like you is greatly appreciated. But lets be realistic most often then not there is a project that gets started..gets hyped up by the individuals that are working on the project (and usually the people who are following the project) and months later you will not hear a PEEP outta that group..because its been giving up on.

Now i'm not saying YOUR doing this i'm just saying it HAPPENS and even though you don't owe anyone Sh**** some of us (including myself) would still like to think that maybe its still in the pipeline and will eventually come out at some point.

Cachwir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shardnax said:
nugundam0079 said:

Someone sane
biggrin.gif

I know what closed beta means, there hadn't been an update on the blog in quite a long while., I figured I would probe.

It's just scaring me. Maybe we'll never have the game translated and entirely tested...

kingkonghong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It cant possibly take this long to check for grammar mistakes and glitches.

I'm not speaking as an ungrateful bastard because I honestly admire translators on their dedication to help the public, but seriously, No updates, nothing, what the hell's going on?

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
IT CAN. You have clearly never tried to edit a full length commercial game script before while verifying issues against the original translation, and then checking and rechecking the script against in-game context. It takes forever and a day.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingkonghong said:

I'm not speaking as an ungrateful bastard because I honestly admire translators on their dedication to help the public, but seriously, No updates, nothing, what the hell's going on?
You should put your sense of entitlement on hold. Are you paying them? Then you have no right to be setting deadlines. If Psychoblaster feels the need to give an update, I'm sure he will. If he decides to completely scrap the project without a word, that's his call. It isn't his fault that others are getting their hopes up.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
injected11 said:
kingkonghong said:

You should put your sense of entitlement on hold. Are you paying them? Then you have no right to be setting deadlines. If Psychoblaster feels the need to give an update, I'm sure he will. If he decides to completely scrap the project without a word, that's his call. It isn't his fault that others are getting their hopes up.

Following your line of logic-why should he even announce that he is working on such a project to begin with? why not just upload when he's totally done? that way he wouldnt have to deal with people on the boards asking "whats going with the translation" in fact why work on one and release it? why not just keep it to himself??

You see where i'm going with this? he posted the information on gbatemp simply to keep people informed! so what if a couple dudes ask whats going on? is it a crime? some of you take this stuff WAY to seriously.

Taijo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nugundam0079 said:
injected11 said:
kingkonghong said:

Following your line of logic-why should he even announce that he is working on such a project to begin with? why not just upload when he's totally done? that way he wouldnt have to deal with people on the boards asking "whats going with the translation" in fact why work on one and release it? why not just keep it to himself??

You see where i'm going with this? he posted the information on gbatemp simply to keep people informed! so what if a couple dudes ask whats going on? is it a crime? some of you take this stuff WAY to seriously.

This guy has a point. You don't announce a project to the public like this and then complain when the public asks about it. And you certainly dont go all cop and confront everyone who asks with the fact that they aren't paying money.

This is how things go when you announce a project to a community and righly so, you cant seriously expect them to go otherwise.

EDIT: I'd just quickly like to add that I say this because, like some of you have become sick of seeing people ask about the project, i've become sick of seeing people tell them to shut up because they havent given anyone money and have no right to "bother".

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
if they didn't announce a project this big, then others would just pop up to do it instead, which would be redundant. this way, anybody who is interested can just join forces instead of working separately on the same game.

and people usually cop out on jerks and unwarranted sarcasms (at least, that's how i am). there's a way to ask for updates without sounding like a jerk and without being sarcastic. it's not that everyone who does that are jerks, but probably because of the extended time that this project has taken, people get impatient. then they become jerks.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
injected11 said:
kingkonghong said:

Actually the reason the thread was started was to find beta-testers. He was already totally done with his translation. He's doing you a favor by offering to release it eventually. If you want to ask for info, it helps to not sound like a prick when you do it. Trolling won't help either.

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
4 months of beta testing is alot of time since it takes only one week to finish playing a ds game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don_eno said:
4 months of beta testing is alot of time since it takes only one week to finish playing a ds game.

You obviously don't understand beta testing.

They don't just play the game and go "OH WE'RE DONE" and publish it. They have to look for grammar mistakes, crash bugs, etc, all of which then have to be incorporated in a new patch for the game and tested again. This goes on for a while, since in the latest patch there could be a new crash bug, a typo, a mistranslation, or a different interpretation of a sentence. Beta testing goes for a while.

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guild McCommunist said:
don_eno said:

You obviously don't understand beta testing.

They don't just play the game and go "OH WE'RE DONE" and publish it. They have to look for grammar mistakes, crash bugs, etc, all of which then have to be incorporated in a new patch for the game and tested again. This goes on for a while, since in the latest patch there could be a new crash bug, a typo, a mistranslation, or a different interpretation of a sentence. Beta testing goes for a while.
yes i don't understand beta testing but since you are a tester what have you done all this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus