welaeron
DarthNemesis
kitehimuro
Cavedude

Former:
Toni Plutonij

Lead:
Psycoblaster

For all those people who weren't chosen, I have considered a lot of things to make my choices. I wanted to limit myself to 20 testers because I did not want this project to get out of control when it's near completion.
I tried to add people from different areas and different ages, and tried my best not to be biased.
Also, remember. Looking for grammatical errors is not the only task.
I still need to locate bugs, and then we'll finally move into colloquialisms. Colloquialising text is a difficult task, because it's basically creating a new character. So I'll choose a special group out of the 20 to work on this...
And I guess that's basically it for right now.
I've been working on the patcher today, and now I'm looking for a way we can actually collaborate..

-----------------------------------

For those wondering, I told Toni Plutonij to close my old thread because it became a mess.
Now I'm starting a clean new thread. (Never asked for permission tho. If this becomes a problem, then please reopen my older thread, and merge it with this
biggrin.gif
)
I haven't been on GBAtemp for so long for several reasons, but mainly because I was working on ASH.
Translation is 100% complete and is completely playable. (Finally finished that 54 lined profile text.)
The purpose of this thread is to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to helping me out with the final beta testing.
There may be many grammatical mistakes etc, but that's why I need people to help me out.
I'll probably choose a larger group of people, because now I can feel like I can trust most of the people here.

To sign up as a beta tester:
1. Post A reply on this thread. NO PMs PLEASE. Don't post more than one requests because then I will simply ignore you.

2. Please write a paragraph introducing yourselves.

3. I need people who actually speak English well... not some 13 year old wanting to play ASH in English.

4. I'll PM the people that are chosen as a beta tester.

I know that I'm doing things the hard way (just could have done a public beta) but I don't want an unfinished patch released in the public.

This post will later include a patch link once testing is done. So please wait!!

Screens:
1-17.png
3-12.png
5-6.png

7-3.png
10-1.png
screenc2.png

CREDIT:
Psycoblaster - Korean -> English translation, main hacker
DarthNemesis - A busy person who spent his time to help me with translations
Hangaram (???) team - Japanese -> Korean translation
???? - Japanese -> Korean translation (Translation used with permission)
www.pbtrans.wordpress.com

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I forgot about this game. It never got a US release?

Anyway, sounds really promising. I could beta test if needs be, although I'm busy with school and stuff.

Keep up the good work.

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to know the project is about to go on Beta Testing.

It would be great if i could help beta testing, as i have done it in the past.

Keep up the great work.

mosaic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AMAZING!
smile.gif

Can I participate with the testing? Thanks!

===

Hi, I'm Carlo. I'm 21 years of age and I basically grew up in the Philippines with English as my primary language. Currently, I'm a marketer by profession in a multinational corporation. My work requires dedication and entails a lot of traveling around the Asia-Pacific Region but I still find time to myself in going out with colleagues and staying at home playing video games.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice work.
smile.gif

I'd help but I am not sure I have the time right now, sadly. It is nice to see a non-Pokemon project on the first page.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
Cool, I thought you stopped working on this.
yay.gif
Cool, haven't seen you in a while
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I decided to shut up and lurk. And I got accepted in a university aaand I gotta improve my C, not much time for romhacking left
tongue.gif
Stop lurking, so you can raise it to a B

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
yay.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I decided to shut up and lurk. And I got accepted in a university aaand I gotta improve my C, not much time for romhacking left
tongue.gif
No, not that C -__-;
You know C/C++? xD

Edit: Sorry for what I've caused to the last thread D:

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Psyco, so you're alive.....

Well I've been very busy myself..I finished the game (with the last patch you actually sent)
Haven't heard from you since, so I also thought you dropped the project..

Well, just to tell you, no need for permission for this thread! It's OK to have it, I'll leave the old one closed..

I still have some papers with mistakes around here, would have to look for it tho, but when I find it, I could "report"....Don't know which version I did finish (I know it wasn't the 99% one
wink.gif
)
In my opinion, even with these grammar mistakes, it's actually great great translation, and you could publish it..Mistakes were bad at the beginning, but towards the end, translation is much nicer and more fluent!
Really, can't say THANKS enough for translating this, this is one of my favorite NDS games (in top 5 for sure), and I'd never be able to play it without you..

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
yay.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
No, not that C -__-;
You know C/C++? xD
sleep.gif

Why improve on C
If you wanna live on programming, C will give you shit when compared to other programming languages. In many places, even C# gives you more than C.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Oct 11 2009, 01:09 AM)
Psyco, so you're alive.....

Well I've been very busy myself..I finished the game (with the last patch you actually sent)
Haven't heard from you since, so I also thought you dropped the project..

Well, just to tell you, no need for permission for this thread! It's OK to have it, I'll leave the old one closed..

I still have some papers with mistakes around here, would have to look for it tho, but when I find it, I could "report"....Don't know which version I did finish (I know it wasn't the 99% one
wink.gif
)
In my opinion, even with these grammar mistakes, it's actually great great translation, and you could publish it..Mistakes were bad at the beginning, but towards the end, translation is much nicer and more fluent!
Really, can't say THANKS enough for translating this, this is one of my favorite NDS games (in top 5 for sure), and I'd never be able to play it without you..
ooh I thought you were dead.. :\
Nice to see you "back"
biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
psycoblaster said:
ooh I thought you were dead.. :\
Nice to see you "back"
biggrin.gif
Well, real life finally caught up with me as well......Been really busy last couple of months, it used to be even worse, but now it's a bit better....still, have no actual time to properly play NDS or spend time here...I'm again, mostly here to do my duties..

Got honorary job, and it's eating me alive
tongue.gif

But it's nice to have some money, right?!

Well.....ASH is incredible game, people don't like it for being generic, and that's the part I absolutely love.....Really great game.. Thanks for taking your time to actually bring this to an end! Looking forward to final PATCH
wink.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
sleep.gif

Why improve on C
If you wanna live on programming, C will give you shit when compared to other programming languages. In many places, even C# gives you more than C.
Because most of my lessons are about C and C++ I don't give a shit about C or C++ though, Now, Visual C++ And Visual C# are much better and not to mention that C# is much easier than C and C++ and C# is what I'm hoping to use in the future...provided I'm gonna be working as a programmer
tongue.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad to see you're back, although I doubt you know who I am. I'd like to beta test although I understand if you'd rather have someone you know better. In either case, I can't wait until this is ready. Thanks for actually bothering to translate this, instead of some game which would probably be officially translated soon (cough)hg/ss(cough).

Edit: Adding information about me.

I just noticed you now want a paragraph about me, so here goes:

I am 15 years old and love gaming. Even though I'm young compared to some of the people here, I still feel I would be a good beta tester for several reasons. First of them is that I probably have more free time I would be able to devote to this, and therefore find more errors in a shorter amount of time. Second, I am quite smart for my age, and I have acquired A*s in both GCSE (a British qualification sat at the age of 16) and A-levels ( sat at the age of 18). I doubt many others here could boast of this fact. I think this should be enough of a description, and hope I get chosen.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really have the time for extensive beta testing, but just wanted to thank you for all the great work you've done!
smile.gif

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably going to have loads of free time this weekend, so I could Beta test. Does it matter how long it takes me to finish the game?
I'm a 15 year old male who wanted to help a good translation. I may be "only in high school" but I'm taking all advanced and AP classes I'm able to. I've always had an A in English, and if asked to, I could probably note errors in in-game text. My home country is Pakistan, but i was born in America, when my family moved, and live in America, so my English is my best language.
EDIT: Had to add introductory paragraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y