neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
^ this is the same problem i have with the Tales translation right now..no updates yet everyone was throwing themselves at the translators feet..ridiculous.

Why do you feel entitled to be updated constantly... about what? Have you ever worked on a translation project? If you have, you'd know that there isn't always something worth updating about. Aren't translation groups doing enough just by translating the game? Do you really need to know every time a spelling error is fixed or every time a graphic has been edited or whatever it is? Are you paying these translation groups? I could see you wanting and even having the right to be updated if you were actually investing in something.

Honestly, if a translation group decides never to update, that is their choice and not yours. They have absolutely no obligations to you or anyone else. Translation groups do not work on projects to please you. They are not your personal slaves, to do everything how you want it, when you want it.

Chill out ACE, they aren't paying you to be their lawyer-Take a minute to get off your high horse and relax.

Neither are they (whoever they are) paying you to be an all-around jerk to those actually contributing something to the community. Give me one good, valid reason why you should feel entitled to project updates when and how you want them and I'll leave it alone.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
^ this is the same problem i have with the Tales translation right now..no updates yet everyone was throwing themselves at the translators feet..ridiculous.

Why do you feel entitled to be updated constantly... about what? Have you ever worked on a translation project? If you have, you'd know that there isn't always something worth updating about. Aren't translation groups doing enough just by translating the game? Do you really need to know every time a spelling error is fixed or every time a graphic has been edited or whatever it is? Are you paying these translation groups? I could see you wanting and even having the right to be updated if you were actually investing in something.

Honestly, if a translation group decides never to update, that is their choice and not yours. They have absolutely no obligations to you or anyone else. Translation groups do not work on projects to please you. They are not your personal slaves, to do everything how you want it, when you want it.

Chill out ACE, they aren't paying you to be their lawyer-Take a minute to get off your high horse and relax.

Neither are they (whoever they are) paying you to be an all-around jerk to those actually contributing something to the community. Give me one good, valid reason why you should feel entitled to project updates when and how you want them and I'll leave it alone.

give me one good valid reason why I should answer to you? oh wait..its Srs business right? relax. XD

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:

give me one good valid reason why I should answer to you?
Oh no you didn't! (implied finger snap)
biggrin.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:

give me one good valid reason why I should answer to you? oh wait..its Srs business right? relax. XD
You do realise neoxephon is currently translating Tales of Hearts, and Summon Night X, and Saga 2, right? So it's kinda his business when you start complaining about all fan translators. Why should they take insults from you for not doing something the way you want it, when they're doing it for free, and not just for you?

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:

give me one good valid reason why I should answer to you?

I guess the proverb 'if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all' is unknown to you. They are doing this in their spare time its not a full time job so back off. Fan translators have lives too you know.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok ok-I see the white knight mob has appeared so let me clarify myself before i get nailed to the cross by your internet justice.

Relax

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nugundam0079 said:
Ok ok-I see the white knight mob has appeared so let me clarify myself before i get nailed to the cross by your internet justice.

Relax

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm amazed how nobody mentioned yet that official companies that do official localisations of games NEVER update on how far they are with their projects...

If I were to translate a game, I'd not tell anyone who's not involved in the translation either. People are just wayyy too annoying/demanding whenever you announce your project. I wouldn't want to waste time reading useless stuff like that...

Shadow80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I cannot believe there are people who do not appreciate psychoblaster's work or even bother to post selfish requests. (you know who I am talking to)
I for one do not care how long it takes as long it gets done. Without this project, there wouldn't be a FULL translation for this game so be grateful.
Anyways, like the old saying goes, "You cannot rush art."
Keep up the good work psychoblaster and his crew!

Ryuushii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
He could just release the beta patch and ignore anyone that complains if there are bugs or minor spelling/grammar issues.

No. Seriously, this is a professional translation from a professional, not some amateur's Engrish translation of HG/SS translation . I think that it's just stupid if you say your going to do a translation, and there are still lots of bugs and grammatical errors. Stop rushing the project. Eventually it will get done and I bet it'll be way better than the beta patch. Won't you get annoyed if every time you play, there's a bug or two that freezes your progress or whites out your screen and you have to report it to get it fixed? That's what the beta testers are obligated to doing for the sake of everyone else.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Ryuushii said:
Shardnax said:
He could just release the beta patch and ignore anyone that complains if there are bugs or minor spelling/grammar issues.

No. Seriously, this is a professional translation from a professional, not some amateur's Engrish translation of HG/SS translation . I think that it's just stupid if you say your going to do a translation, and there are still lots of bugs and grammatical errors. Stop rushing the project. Eventually it will get done and I bet it'll be way better than the beta patch. Won't you get annoyed if every time you play, there's a bug or two that freezes your progress or whites out your screen and you have to report it to get it fixed? That's what the beta testers are obligated to doing for the sake of everyone else.

Is not only complaining about the patch. Maybe he even never read about the leaked patch problem and why Psyco selected this way to test it.

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares about him or other trolls. I am gratefull for psyco doing the translation and it'll be available for download when he is fully satisfied with it. psyco cares for quality.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I'm starting to doubt this thing exists. It's been half a year since translation was supposedly finished
wacko.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
synce said:
I'm starting to doubt this thing exists. It's been half a year since translation was supposedly finished
wacko.gif
It's up to you to believe, but unless one of the beta testers leak any closed information, there is really no way you can confirm that this project exists or not.
And if you thought an unorganized team could finish a full translation in less than a half a year, then I don't think you really belong here.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How complete is the leaked version I got months ago? I never played further than the beginning of the game.

EDIT: The file is dated 14/04/2009

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that it was done, and that this beta test was to find bugs and typos, not to finish translating the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out