ROM Hack ASH (archaic sealed heat) translation project

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should never rush everyone who is doing the beta-testing as the final result is much better with thorough testing.
There is no way they can give an accurate release date since it is a very long game and most testers have other things in life to do then just test so I guess we all have to wait.

Patience is a virtue.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slave said:
Sweet! Getting the Patch now, will let you know here if the crashes been fixed :-) Thanks!

**edit**

Good News is: it doesnt crash anymore with the Blackmage's Blessing Skill and Emu's Honor Skill... both of those are fixed

Bad News is: ALL Description for spells & skills (not just Emu & Black mage, but Everyone) ON BATTLEFIELD GRID is missing now (but during "VS" Combat it's fine)

Like on the Battlefield Grid, Select Anyone, then choose Either Skill or Magic, then select a skill/magic, and onto the Level selection you'll see the "Help" Dialog Box empty.
new patch = up

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so umm i'm sorry for being dumb but did you release the patch or not? if you did where i can find it? the original thread says you are still in beta testing and your blog say you are finished and your last reply says the patch is up
wacko.gif

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The final patch wont be out until early next year. We should really all be thanking psyco for actually doing what he set out to do and make a full translation, unlike so many other people who commit to projects they cant possibly complete.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magus said:
so umm i'm sorry for being dumb but did you release the patch or not? if you did where i can find it? the original thread says you are still in beta testing and your blog say you are finished and your last reply says the patch is up
wacko.gif
When psycoblaster says that a new patch is up, he's talking about a new beta patch for the testers. You know, updated text, bug fixes and stuff.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah sorry for the mix-up but because our Usual secret hideout place where we testers talk to each other has been down for a couple of days, the news been passed around here :-)

But good news the secret hideout is back up now :-)

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koimayeul said:
how is going the testing? any time soon a public patch? thanks & happy new year
smile.gif
Sorry, I can't make any promises :\
Because if I give you guys an estimated date and I can't get it done in time, then people start flaming and I don't want that to happen.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a question about the game itself, I have seen that this looks similar to Devil Survivor, is it really that way ? and how does the game flow, do you have the freedom to do other stuff (if there are any) besides the main quest or is it just like Fire Emblem (since I read here that there are 32 chapters) ?

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
koimayeul said:
how is going the testing? any time soon a public patch? thanks & happy new year
smile.gif
Sorry, I can't make any promises :\
Because if I give you guys an estimated date and I can't get it done in time, then people start flaming and I don't want that to happen.

Well i think flaming was inevitable when you told everyone the patch was 100% translated and didnt release it lol

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pitman said:
I have a question about the game itself, I have seen that this looks similar to Devil Survivor, is it really that way ? and how does the game flow, do you have the freedom to do other stuff (if there are any) besides the main quest or is it just like Fire Emblem (since I read here that there are 32 chapters) ?
It's kinda like a hybrid story driven SRPG.
You move around the map like a normal SRPG, but it has a turn based battle system.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pitman said:

All about the game:

-The Game is Very Linear... no side Quest at all... it's story driven.

-Once you are on a battlefield you move like any Strategy RPG along a tile floor.

-You have 3 characters per party, total (up to chapter 26 where I am right now) you can have 5 party of 3 people in it.... but only 3 party on a battlefield (so only 2 party are on the bench)

-You can "Summon" Party Members for your party, as long as you have the money (ELE) The summon character will be the Overall level of your team... the cost of the summoning depends on the unit and the equipment you have in stock... Summoning a unit cost 500 per type of character.... but that cost will change depending on the equipment you have in hand... if for instance you summon a Black Mage, but you have absolutely no Black Mage equipment, the cost will be blown because as you summon the unit, it will automatically buy the best equipment for the black mage from the store. On the other hand if you already have all the stuff needed for a black mage, the summoning wont cost much.

-You can place anyone in your party except for Leaders (leaders are main characters in the story... each one are leaders... so you can match up any units to a leader)

-Summoned Characters, once in a party, they will grow... hum... lets say "befriend" to the leader... at one point in game you will be able to Merge a summoned character to the leader, giving the leader a Boost in stats but also inherit a skill or magic from that summoned character. The longer a leader has been with the same summoned character, the better the stats will have.

-A leader that falls in battle only retires (the next chapter the leader will be available) but a summoned unit that dies, will die permanently. You can Resurrect your fallen units, as long as the "VS" fight isn't over (and you have a revive potion/spell) but as soon as the fight is over, if you haven't resurrected your fallen unit, it will vanish.

-On the battlefield each party has to stay together for an efficient fight... so all 3 member of a party needs to move together... when one character of a party enters in battle, the whole party is in battle... if lets say you have a party made entirely of swordsmen gets into a battle... and you didnt move them as a group (on the battlefield all 3 characters are very far apart) once in battle, the distance will drastically lower their attack power/accuracy... a swordsman can only attack if the enemy is maximum 3 square distance from him... from 3 to 5 square the swordsman's attack and accuracy drops 50% and beyond 5 squares he wont be able to attack at all.

-On the Battlefield You have an Action Bar that fills up at each start of turn... that action bar diminishes as you move your units.... the further away you move your units, the more you suck up that Action Bar... to do battle your Action Bar needs to be higher than 1/3 (you see a line that tells you the minimum required for battle). On the other hand, in the event that you are completely surrounded, and you cant move around, you don't Need to move around, so your Action Bar is full, you can attack 2 or even 3 times back to back (which really clears up an area), as long as you have enough of your Action bar.

-Once in a "VS" Battle, you play as a turn based RPG... each characters Attack/cast spells/items/defend turn by turn (including enemies) and to know which one will have the action first is determined by their speed.

-What doesnt make sense to me in game is: On the Battlefield, if an enemy attacks you, you'll go into the VS fight, the enemy will attack you once (per units in their party) and then the round is over. But when you attack an enemy, and go in the VS fight, the round wont be over until either one party will be killed... except Boss Fights... when a boss fight attacks you... it's a fight to the death... So basically, grunt units attacking you have a free shot which you cant defend.

That's pretty much it.
The story is great
The FMVs in game are top notch
The fights are always good

***Minor Spoilers***

*Protip* Emu REALLY Sucks at first when you get her.... TRAIN HER, she's now my main Fighting force, she became Much stronger than my main character and she is still lower level than my main character.
*Protip* Leave some action to your 3rd party: when you get your 3rd party (Emu) the game gets really easy because you can still manage to kill everything using only the 2 first party.... but leave some for your 3rd party to get a chance to level up.... and don't worry, the game gets harder and the 3rd party will have its hands full... I'd really wish I could have all my 5 parties on the battlefield right now....
*Protip* Magic that is Area Effects also Split the Damage... if for example your Level 3 Fire spell does 600 damage, and you target it to 3 units... the 600 will be split in 3 and will only do 200 of damage per target... sometimes AOE aren't the best choice of action.
*Protip* Black Mages totally kicks ass... I got one in almost every party.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for this summary Slave, now I'm even more excited than I was before *___*
Now I know that it is really worth the waiting until it is very finished
smile.gif

I hope it works all fine as you wanted, that is really an amazing workd you've done =)

Oh, and I'm sorry for my bad english =D

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I commend everyone. Its astounding that a translation was finished. Psycho impressed the hell out of me by saying he was going to translate the game and then do it.

Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!