Hardware Are you going to buy the 3DS now?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
Slyakin said:
Surprisingly, not too many people know of the Ambassador program. Chances are, Nintendo won't REALLY announce it until the day after the drop.

And can't a company forbid price matching?
I believe they can, if it's in their policy that they can.

That's why if anyone wanted to try to do this, they should probably ask your retailer about their price match policy in regards to the 3DS specifically.

Best Buy has this policy. When the DS Lite was going to drop to 99, I went in a week early at my Best Buy and asked them if they would price match it if I bought it a week early, they could not tell me yes or no until the day it drops, so I waited. The store manager told me Nintendo and other companies authorize Best Buy to price match the item or not too. So its doesn't look good for you to buy the 3DS now, and try to price match later at Best Buy stores.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still don't get why people are saying "i'll wait for a revision or i'll buy a 3dsxl ect" if iwata says they won't also for the people asking for bigger screen if you have bigger screens the 3d effect won't be as crisp and clear as if the screen size was the same size as it is now and the image will be blurred to a point that you wont be able to see some things

misssmk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the fence about whether to get one after the price drop. I've had a dsl and dsixl (gave them to my little ones) because I thought that I was done gaming on them because I found myself playing my PSP 3k more at the time. I quickly noticed that I was horribly mistaken and now I want to purchase another system but not sure which to get.... dsl, dsi, dsixl or 3ds. Aaaarrrghhh!

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
misssmk said:
I'm on the fence about whether to get one after the price drop. I've had a dsl and dsixl (gave them to my little ones) because I thought that I was done gaming on them because I found myself playing my PSP 3k more at the time. I quickly noticed that I was horribly mistaken and now I want to purchase another system but not sure which to get.... dsl, dsi, dsixl or 3ds. Aaaarrrghhh!
After the pricecut it's cheaper than the DSI XL (at least here) and not really that more expensive than a DSI. 3DS is future proof and even some older games might be better to play on the circle-pad. (Obviously might also be worse when d-pad is prefered as it's not really in the most comfortable place.) It also has some AR on the system from launch to play around with.

I can't really see why you're doubting, unless price is an issue or you'd like to play your old GBA games from cartridges. (Since I reckon(/guess) most will be released through VC).

===============

Personally my main concern was the price, and this price cut did a lot for me to look more into the system itself.. The other concern was battery-life. I know from my PSP that 3-4 hours is just too little for me. Thanks to some people on this forum I got pointed to some options, for me Nyko Powerpak+ seems the best as I don't really like heavy/bulky handhelds and I think 8hours is quite decent (guessed with Bright-2, WiFi off). Sadly this little addition is quite expensive in Europe.

Since some shops are selling it only just a bit higher then the price-cut already (176 inc shipping instead of 169 retail), I bought one now and should have it in time (tuesday) to get those VC games too. I think the eShop prices are way too high, so I wasn't planning on buying any VC untill they drop conciderably. So this way I will have at least a few on the 3DS. I bought Zelda 3DS as I never liked the N64 graphics that much, but loved the game.
Even if Zelda aged quite decent ... it's still mostly vague/washed out, so I never really played my GC version much. I tend to play a Link to the Past (SNES emu and GBA) a lot more. Planning on buying Street Fighter too from the games that are available now, since it's been discounted a lot and always liked SF.

As for the game list, for me there are quite some titles I want and even more that I'm interested in. In the coming months there will be a few nice games for me too, so I'm not worried about that.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, I think the Nintendo 3DS is just to much like the Nintendo DS/DSi. Besides the 3D, which I think is actually really bad in terms of quality, it just is a replica of the other versions.
Uh, the 3DS has PS2 level geometry and PS3/360 type shaders making it easy to port engines over like MT Framework. The DS is a glorified portable N64 and anyone who has even seen games running on both systems can understand this. Your statement is almost as stupid as calling the original iPhone the same thing as the iPhone 4.

BadBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiintendogr.com
XP
Country
Greece
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, I think the Nintendo 3DS is just to much like the Nintendo DS/DSi. Besides the 3D, which I think is actually really bad in terms of quality, it just is a replica of the other versions.

What? No.
Hardware-wise it is WAY better than DSi. Try 4 times better, then add some more.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Stop it with the ignorance and research before you post, as that post is not at all true.

D

Deleted_171835

RoyalCardMan said:
What?
It's a whole new system. That's like saying the PS Vita is too much like a PSP.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
RoyalCardMan said:

Agreed, I totally disliked it. I'd rather stick to a N64 if I were to play 3D. Oh, and I also have the DSi

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
But it is, I'd say it's too much like the PSP. I mean all it has is 2 new touch screens, HD graphics, A new nub, PS3 connectivity...where was I going with this again.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
I meant the way it is designed. I know that it has way better hardware and all of that. I may need to be more specific now.
closedeyes.gif

EDIT: BUT I would say the controls are actually kind of neat, of course.

And look, if you are going to disregard what I said, my relative has a 3DS, I tried it out, so...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
I meant the way it is designed. I know that it has way better hardware and all of that. I may need to be more specific now.
closedeyes.gif
Well if we're going that far, we might as well say how the DS looks too much like the Gameboy Micro so that makes it crap.

D

Deleted_171835

RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
closedeyes.gif
I still don't understand what you mean.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
closedeyes.gif
Well if we're going that far, we might as well say how the DS looks too much like the Gameboy Micro so that makes it crap.
I would totally agree with you on that.
What more can I say by what I meant by design? The design I would have say needs a little more work. When I played it, it was just to much the same like the other consoles. I thought I would have a different experience with the controls.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
closedeyes.gif
I would totally agree with you on that.
...Fine, I'm done with you. Having said that about 2 completely different systems...I'm done. I have a feeling you're gust trolling, as I've never heard anything that shallow in my life, but I have no evidence...I'm done.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This whole personal information thing is pretty stupid too. I mean, Nintendo already has my address so not worried about them knowing that, and im not gonna take pictures of illegal activities with the thing, so what can Nintendo know that can conceivably be tied to me? I play too many video games, that's what.

Glad to hear that you would never even think of using a flashcart containing an illegally copied ROM since Nintendo already has your address.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on the fence about it. I figured there were a few games on the horizon that I was interested in picking up. I had actually found a NIB unit on Craigslist for $180 and decided to pick one up. Now I am an ambassador. I feel good about this decision

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
closedeyes.gif
I still don't understand what you mean.
He's saying the 3DS aesthetically looks too much like the DS line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1