Hacking Can you change the Region from your New 3DS?

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Fellas!

So im currently locking for a New 3DS to buy because im bored from my New 2DS XL. So i searched up on many sites like ebay, amazon and other refurbish sites but the Prices are incredible high for me.

Then i got the Idea to buy a New 3DS from Japan because i heard from some other guys thats not a big deal to change your region. So i read some Threads about this and now im completly confused lmao.

What exactly do i need for this and is that still possible to do?

Im appreciating any answers i get and have a nice day :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello Fellas!

So im currently locking for a New 3DS to buy because im bored from my New 2DS XL. So i searched up on many sites like ebay, amazon and other refurbish sites but the Prices are incredible high for me.

Then i got the Idea to buy a New 3DS from Japan because i heard from some other guys thats not a big deal to change your region. So i read some Threads about this and now im completly confused lmao.

What exactly do i need for this and is that still possible to do?

Im appreciating any answers i get and have a nice day :)
Worth noting that the eShop will probably not work after region changing, it's not a huge deal since eShop purchases are being disabled next month anyway, but you'll have to get game updates elsewhere.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U can make a region changed N3DS access the eshop but you need to use that n2ds XL, if you have no use of 3D or the smaller screen then don't buy it.

ProjectGD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello Everyone

You can change you region changing your CFWNand
But changing the region is almost completely unnecessary since Luma3DS supports out-of-region games and individual title

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting homebrew on the Japanese 3DS (likely by karthax, which invovles another 3DS), you can gain access to the US eShop by doing a Soap Transfer. I understand it as tricking servers what region you're on by doing something similar to a system transfer (which counts towards a 7 day lockout) and removing whatever keeps you locked to the JPN region. But only certain people can do this. You can find more by asking in the Homebrew Discord.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s