Hardware Are you going to buy the 3DS now?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, I think the Nintendo 3DS is just to much like the Nintendo DS/DSi. Besides the 3D, which I think is actually really bad in terms of quality, it just is a replica of the other versions.
What?
It's a whole new system. That's like saying the PS Vita is too much like a PSP.
I meant the way it is designed. I know that it has way better hardware and all of that. I may need to be more specific now.
closedeyes.gif
I still don't understand what you mean.
He's saying the 3DS aesthetically looks too much like the DS line.
Specifically the DSi.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, I think the Nintendo 3DS is just to much like the Nintendo DS/DSi. Besides the 3D, which I think is actually really bad in terms of quality, it just is a replica of the other versions.
What?
I meant the way it is designed. I know that it has way better hardware and all of that. I may need to be more specific now.
closedeyes.gif
Well if we're going that far, we might as well say how the DS looks too much like the Gameboy Micro so that makes it crap.
I would totally agree with you on that.
...Fine, I'm done with you. Having said that about 2 completely different systems...I'm done. I have a feeling you're gust trolling, as I've never heard anything that shallow in my life, but I have no evidence...I'm done.
I am not trolling. I am simply displaying my opinion before your very eyes. This is America you know(if you live in America, of course).
If your done arguing with me that is fine. I am getting tired of having to explain myself anyway.

I still have my opinion, so it probably won't change.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
SoulSnatcher said:
RoyalCardMan said:
What?
closedeyes.gif
Well if we're going that far, we might as well say how the DS looks too much like the Gameboy Micro so that makes it crap.
I would totally agree with you on that.
...Fine, I'm done with you. Having said that about 2 completely different systems...I'm done. I have a feeling you're gust trolling, as I've never heard anything that shallow in my life, but I have no evidence...I'm done.
I am not trolling. I am simply displaying my opinion before your very eyes. This is America you know(if you live in America, of course).
If your done arguing with me that is fine. I am getting tired of having to explain myself anyway.

Actually this is GBAtemp, and the rules of particular Countries, principalities, provinces- they're all moot here.

Anyway, I simply find it sad that, based on your response to my scenario, you judge simply by aesthetics.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:

I am just going to say that with your logic, that is pretty much like saying that my Wii is the same as my Gamecube, because it can run Gamecube games and use Gamecube controllers. So what you are saying is, even though it has totally new hardware, software, and power, it's the same just because it looks similar to the older system and has backwards compatibility.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
RoyalCardMan said:

I am just going to say that with your logic, that is pretty much like saying that my Wii is the same as my Gamecube, because it can run Gamecube games and use Gamecube controllers. So what you are saying is, even though the system kinda looks like an older system, even though it has totally new hardware, software, and power it's the same just because it looks similar to the older system and has backwards compatibility.
I would have to say the Wii was kind of low quality was well(it actually was worse than the Nintendo64, graphics wise).

All I am saying is that the Nintendo 3DS just is too similar to the Nintendo DSi(according the firmware).

The only things I found were the graphics and the 3D. Besides that, it was like just a simple update to the graphics and the screen of the Nintendo 3DS.

Also, I am saying that they probably should have released the Nintendo 3DS later to improve it more.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:
RoyalCardMan said:

I am just going to say that with your logic, that is pretty much like saying that my Wii is the same as my Gamecube, because it can run Gamecube games and use Gamecube controllers. So what you are saying is, even though the system kinda looks like an older system, even though it has totally new hardware, software, and power it's the same just because it looks similar to the older system and has backwards compatibility.
I would have to say the Wii was kind of low quality was well(it actually was worse than the Nintendo64, graphics wise).

All I am saying is that the Nintendo 3DS just is too similar to the Nintendo DSi(according the firmware).

The only things I found were the graphics and the 3D. Besides that, it was like just a simple update to the graphics and the screen of the Nintendo 3DS.

Also, I am saying that they probably should have released the Nintendo 3DS later to improve it more.
?_?
Seriously that is all I am going to say.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:

Prepare to be attacked by this opinion and possibly the rest of what you said. I'm really not sure if we've been playing the same system if you think the Wii is worse than the N64... especially "graphics wise".

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

Prepare to be attacked by this opinion and possibly the rest of what you said. I'm really not sure if we've been playing the same system if you think the Wii is worse than the N64... especially "graphics wise".
Actually I agree with what Royal said. Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes look like utter crap, maybe on par with the SNES
100409_basara3_4.jpg

Look at that, just plain awful.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg
Look, it was. The graphics, you would even have to admit, were not up to standard. I expected the graphics to be really great, but when I started playing a game on the Wii, it was just not what I expected it to be.

I don't really care if people attack me for it. I will just report them for flaming me in these forums. I have my mouse ready.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg
Look, it was. The graphics, you would even have to admit, were not up to standard. I expected the graphics to be really great, but when I started playing a game on the Wii, it was just not what I expected it to be.

I don't really care if people attack me for it. I will just report them for flaming me in these forums. I have my mouse ready.
The moderators aren't drones, I doubt they'll reprimand us for this as we are just countering what you have to say, they don't just automatically delete posts that are reported.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg

You really expected the best graphics from Nintendo? I think you have failed in this argument.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg

Nope... I don't have to admit that. They weren't up to par with other current gen consoles (PS3 and 360 obv.), sure, but the graphics sure as hell were NOT worse than the Nintendo 64.
EDIT: I'll just stop here because I feel this is one of those conversations that'll go no where. I understand having an opinion but come on man... there's no way that one statement is anywhere close to being serious.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg

The moderators aren't drones, I doubt they'll reprimand us for this as we are just countering what you have to say, they don't just automatically delete posts that are reported.
Well, I know that. I just am warning people that I will report them if they flame me.

@AGayLittleCat
Well, yes I did. They are basically one of the biggest game and console development companies in the world, so I expect them to do the best out of all the development companies out there(besides Microsoft).

I expect big things from big companies. If you are saying that Nintendo develops not quality products, then why is it such a big company.

It seems you are contridicting what you just said. First, you say that the graphics are awesome, but then you say that they are not up to par.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Nebz said:
RoyalCardMan said:

EDIT:
1297745094125.jpg

Well, I know that. I just am warning people that I will report them if they flame me.
You come in here barking out your ass and then threaten to report people. This just made me lol in real life.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
Agreed, I totally disliked it. I'd rather stick to a N64 if I were to play 3D. Oh, and I also have the DSi
Um... are you confused on what the 3DS's 3D is?

?_?
Seriously that is all I am going to say.
Same here to all his posts. (That if he is serious)

"Next up, the MDS! Your mind is the controls!!!!"

Seriously, what do you want from portable controls?

QUOTE(RoyalCardMan @ Jul 31 2011, 08:50 PM)
It seems you are contridicting what you just said. First, you say that the graphics are awesome, but then you say that they are not up to par.
Actually it is more like the graphics of the wii is awesome and are much better than the N64 ,but is doesn't compare (come to par) to the ps3 that was like $599 from launch.

How much money are you willing to pay for gaming?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:
Nintendo develops not quality products, then why is it such a big company.
Graphics are not the main quality of a game. Actual gameplay is the best quality of a game. If all you can focus on is the graphics, then you just proven that your whole argument is complete shit because you have no idea what makes a good game.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
matt1freek said:
I held off not due to the price but because a zelda game i've already beat several times does not make it worth it.
Maybe once Cave Story and Shin Megami Tensei are out.... kinda lame i wont be getting those gba and nes games though. Nice incentive i think.
This price drop, slow sales and the rumours about Iwata and other exec's taking pay cuts... damn do we have another virtual boy on our hands? perhaps Iwata will end up going the way of Gunpei
I'm just waiting for a hack.

and then what? If the console were a failure then hacking it would never save it. The whole idea of the 3DS being a failure reminds me of when the DS (phat) first came out. Everyone kept saying how it was going to fail over the gba and its main audience were older people due to the stylus. Give it time.. 3ds is great and will be AWESOME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?