[April Fools!] SEGA's Back (In Black... and White... and Red)!

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i ain't getting fooled by two sites in two consecutive days.....anyway...good joke (the italians weren't fair....they started the fools day one day earlier!)

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Further videos from the press kit show that the system is likely to come in a range of colours. Dibs on the red system, it looks pimpin'!

Sorry for the delays, it takes a while to upload those things, the renders came at ridiculously large resolutions and I have to resize them individually. In any case, I updated the main post.

#Dat White+Red Controller! :wub:

westdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
post games comming out for it and if it can play all systems like dreamcast 1 for free and plays vita for free games on it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
post games comming out for it and if it can play all systems like dreamcast 1 for free and plays vita for free games on it
I can't tell you that at this point in time, but... I can hint that there's a connection between SEGA ALL.Net and all of the shown Dreamcast cover art... and that PlayStation Now is not the only digital streaming service around. :ninja:

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further videos from the press kit show that the system is likely to come in a range of colours. Dibs on the red system, it looks pimpin'!

Sorry for the delays, it takes a while to upload those things, the renders came at ridiculously large resolutions and I have to resize them individually. In any case, I updated the main post.

#Dat White+Red Controller! :wub:

oh dear god i wish this were true with all the bones in my body! SEGA should do thid even if it isnt true just because it would stir up the gaming community and they would dominate pretty quickly with such a high end beautiful machine!

off-topic: EEEGADS!! just noticed i'm still a newcomer and i've religiously been here since 2008!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
oh dear god i wish this were true with all the bones in my body! SEGA should do thid even if it isnt true just because it would stir up the gaming community and they would dominate pretty quickly with such a high end beautiful machine!

off-topic: EEEGADS!! just noticed i'm still a newcomer and i've religiously been here since 2008!!
They're going with the VCR stylistic much like Sony and Microsoft, which is pretty odd... but I can live with that, it's actually really fancy (probably a fingerprint magnet, I hope they'll consider matte versions...). It's not necessarily high-end - the more expensive Steamboxes easily kick its butt... but for this price you can't really complain, especially with Windows on-board, no matter how cut down it is in terms of functionality.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright guys, we're literally in contact with a SEGA spokesperson as I type this and we're hearing damn exciting stuff. The Dreamcast 2 is getting a companion handheld device, the Game Gear 2. The specs are currently unclear, we're badgering them for a specs sheet, but all we were able to find out is that this thing will be running on the Tegra K1 with its legendary Mobile Kepler architecture. Okay, PSVita - s*it just got real.

0:42 #PSVitaCrushed - I could watch this over and over. :cry:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might not be an April Fools joke (It might not be because I had heard some rumors prior to this posting, like weeks ago... unless it was an elaborate set up for today lol)

If it is true, I would rather buy this than a PS4 or Xbox One, as long as Sega gives us some of those old arcade style games... I miss being able to mindlessly beat the crap out of everything on screen and not worry about "Mission Objectives".

Sega should make one of these machines for home use, make a rental type thing where you pay $10 a month for unlimited access to the "Sega Arcade" in it could be all the old Sega games in a virtual arcade thing like Playstation Home only cool... lol Too many people hanging out in the public one? Have a private one with just your online friends over and talk smack lol (The arcade portion of Home was really the only part I even found remotely enjoyable.)

Anyway if it is a joke, it's still nice to think about.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sega would be dead if they did that. Third parties wouldn't care to develop for a console almost identical to the PS4/Xone and, as Sega is not half the software developer they were in the 90's, there would be no Sonic game that would make buying their console justifiable.

It was a nice shot for a April's Fool joke, but didn't fool me for a minute. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)