[April Fools!] SEGA's Back (In Black... and White... and Red)!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ZRJ4un8.png
April Fools, everybody! Yeah, I know - big surprise there! :)

Some of you got bamboozled today, some of you knew straight away, some of you just wanted to believe, but now it's time for these systems to leave... the front page, that is.

I hope you enjoyed the little prank prepared for you, regardless of whether you found it believable or not. April Fools is all about using your imagination, it's all about creating a dream and I figured that if there's a good dream to be had, it's definitely one about the Dreamcast - I mean, that is the system's namesake, is it not? Thanks for all the support during these few fun hours, but now it's time to return to business as usual.

To officially give credit where credit is due, as some of the more keen observers noticed, the videos presented today belong to a fantastic animator and designer onibox, signed SDDIQ in his works. I myself saw one of them last year and I found it both charming and inspiring, perfect for an occasion like April Fools. Seeing that this holiday is all about jokes and parodies, I figured that it would fall into the categories of Fair Use - all credit goes to the original creator. Do watch his other renders - they're all really, really good. His Youtube channel can be found here - have a look, it's great stuff, I'm tellin' ya!

Once again, I hope you all had fun dreaming, now it is time to snap out of it and get back to the usual order of business... that said...

Never Stop Dreaming™ :tpi:

Foxi4 Signing Off!

P.S.: Here's the original joke for anyone who missed it ;)

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, like that's happening! Actually, I was wondering which one of the gaming related sites is going to run with Dreamcast 2 this year. I guess GBATemp wins! That render kind of blows, as well. The fake Nintendo ON / Revolution video had more wow to it, at least up until the point when the console is shown. For those who doesn't remember:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know this is a terrible date to announce this guys, but SEGA's April Fools announcement was the MEGAne Drive - this is the real deal and we've been sitting on it for the last month, hence I don't have a PS4 yet. I'm first in line to get this thing, screw Sony and Microsoft. ;)

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I hate April's Fool Day. Yes, its April's Fool Day! No source or source.. Its not real. Too easy because Sega isnt making one anymore and never will.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We're not responsible for the casing renders. :rofl2: Remember, when the Wii U was first announced, there wasn't even a case for it to begin with. Apparently SEGA's still working on cooling the thing - since they're not using an APU, this beast will require two separate fans, so that's still on the drawing board.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a terrible date to announce this guys, but SEGA's April Fools announcement was the MEGAne Drive - this is the real deal and we've been sitting on it for the last month, hence I don't have a PS4 yet. I'm first in line to get this thing, screw Sony and Microsoft. ;)

Yes, that was SEGA's April Fools joke. This is clearly GBATemp's April Fools Joke, or maybe even simply Foxi4's April Fools joke. You just grabbed a video a fan made a year ago, slapped a story onto it and tried to sell it on the day where no one with a thinking brain will fall for it. I appreciate the effort though.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GOOD APRIL TEMPERS!!! summer is near!!!
Sega do what nintendont.... yesterday....
GHANMI what u mean with "• Nintendo is shutting down the CWF for DS / Wii on May 30."?? another april's fool?

Reactions: Foxi4

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Just got my review copy and it comes with Shenmue 3 preinstalled and an exclusive sneak peak to Shenmue 4 which is extremely limited coming with only 3 lucky consoles.
Man the console is awesome it's even more powerful then 2 PS4's and 3 Xbox One's in one!
:O

Developers said that these games come only with review samples, so I'm gonna sell mine with $13,000,000. If you're fast enough I'll even give it to you for a mere price of $25,000,000! Get it while it's hot! :hrth:

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just got my review copy and it comes with Shenmue 3 preinstalled and an exclusive sneak peak to Shenmue 4 which is extremely limited coming with only 3 lucky consoles.
Man the console is awesome it's even more powerful then 2 PS4's and 3 Xbox One's in one!
:O

Developers said that these games come only with review samples, so I'm gonna sell mine with $13,000,000. If you're fast enough I'll even give it to you for a mere price of $25,000,000! Get it while it's hot! :hrth:
Speaking of review samples, we're actually getting one in November this year, it's reserved for Densetsu since he's the only one of us who can wrap his head around Japanese.

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu