Asus announces the ROG Ally handheld, claims to have two times the performance of the Steam Deck

When it comes to announcing anything on April Fools' Day, it's usually a silly prank reveal of a fake product, since nearly everyone expects such on that day. However, on very rare occasions, those almost unbelievable reveals turn out to be real. That was the case with Asus's new handheld device, which was initially believed to be an April Fools' joke, but turned out to be something that will actually be launching in the near future. Called the ROG Ally, it's designed to be a Steam Deck competitor, running Windows 11 with the ability to play Game Pass titles, and will utilize an AMD Ryzen APU. In the initial trailer, uploaded on April 1st, Asus shows the Ally using a home screen that collects games across multiple launchers--specifically Game Pass and Steam, and can apparently natively run titles like Resident Evil: Village, High on Life, Ghostrunner, Dying Light 2, and more. Notably, it also appears to support docking to Asus' ROG XG eGPU. for better performance on your TV when docked.

A Best Buy store page is available, where you can register for notifications as to when the ROG Ally can be pre-ordered. Asus also offered an early production unit of the Ally to YouTuber Dave2D, who got hands-on time with the handheld. It is claimed that the Ally will have "two times the performance of the Steam Deck", with a 1080p screen that can output 120hz. Asus has not announced the price of the ROG Ally at this time.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That being said, the problem with Ayn is that their shipping times and delays are terrible. I would not trust that they are releasing the Loki any time soon as they are notorious for delays.
aha you don't need to tell me that. My friend ordered an Odin and it came to him the next fucking month
their shipping times are terrible but you gotta wait for good things

Reactions: Ducolamia

Ducolamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha you don't need to tell me that. My friend ordered an Odin and it came to him the next fucking month
their shipping times are terrible but you gotta wait for good things

Jeesh. I'm lucky I even got my Odin after the holiday season. Sorry your friend had to wait for so long!
The Loki will eventually come, but until then, I am curious to see how the ROG Ally turns out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol