[April Fools!] SEGA's Back (In Black... and White... and Red)!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sega would be dead if they did that. Third parties wouldn't care to develop for a console almost identical to the PS4/Xone (...)
That makes no sense. The reason why the Wii U isn't getting a lot of support is exactly because it's not like the PS4/Xbox One, not the other way around. :wacko:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some fresh information straight from the spokesperson: the device is indeed running an embedded form of Windows RT modified to suit gaming needs, it's designed to be a companion device to the Dreamcast 2 and a handheld console, it's powered by the Tegra K1 and uses a non-unified memory arrangement with dedicated 1 GB system RAM and 1 GB fast-speed VRAM (whatever that means, specifics not disclosed), sports a 6-inch AMOLED screen, WiFi, stereo sound, and bluetooth for headsets. That's all the boring stuff though - the cool part is that it will natively support streaming footage from the Dreamcast 2 and the other way around! Yes, this means that you can play your Dreamcast 2 games on the Game Gear 2 and your Game Gear 2 games on the Dreamcast 2... meaning this is 3DS-to-Wii U/PS4-to-PSVita connectivity, except done right.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That makes no sense. The reason why the Wii U isn't getting a lot of support is exactly because it's not like the PS4/Xbox One, not the other way around. :wacko:
Oh, Foxi, Foxi... The big difference being the PS4 and Xbox One were a safe bet and were released almost the same time. The fact that they easy to develop for just make everything better. Third parties wouldn't want another console that offer the same experience with slightly better specs, specially from a company that abandoned their home console, not one but two times.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cant wait to get my Sonic the bunghole doll that ships with the first 100 DC2 sold!

C'mon Worst AF ever!
Windows RT? Lol! ( Microsoft anybody? )

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Windows RT? Lol! ( Microsoft anybody? )
I don't see why you find this choice in any way surprising considering that each and every arcade machine SEGA has made since SEGA Lindbergh (2006) uses some form of embedded Windows. SEGA and Microsoft have been on extremely good terms for years now. That, and the choice was probably made to assure some degree of cross-compatibility - we don't have the details yet. In any case, SEGA hardware has been "running on Windows" for over 8 years now, no reason for that to change now.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see why you find this choice in any way surprising considering that each and every arcade machine SEGA has made since SEGA Lindbergh (2006) use some form of embedded Windows. SEGA and Microsoft have been on extremely good terms for years now. That, and the choice was probably made to assure some degree of cross-compatibility - we don't have the details yet.

SEGA was also on very good terms with NINTENDO in the GC era ,so what's your point?
So this would be sort of 2/3 of a microsoft machine?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/in-2014-sega-will-release-dreamcast-2.453668285/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SEGA was also on very good terms with NINTENDO in the GC era ,so what's your point?
So this would be sort of 2/3 of a microsoft machine?
No, not really. Microsoft is known to, y'know, sell operating systems. Windows Embedded is running loads of electronics in the world which doesn't mean that those electronics belong to Microsoft. SEGA is not a wiz when it comes to operating systems so they chose to work on a ready base - similarly the original Dreamcast supported Windows CE "mini-distros" embedded in some games to add extra functionality to them, hence the small print on the system saying "Windows CE Compatible". This is a similar case, except the system is embedded into the consoles. I see a difference between a one-off deal to make a couple arcade machines with Nintendo and a long-term relationship SEGA has had with Windows.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, not really. Microsoft is known to, y'know - sell operating systems. Windows Embedded is running loads of electronics in the world which doesn't mean that those electronics belong to Microsoft. SEGA is not a wiz when it comes to operating systems so they chose to work on a ready base - similarly the original Dreamcast supported Windows CE "mini-distros" embedded in some games to add extra functionality to them, hence the small print on the system saying "Windows CE Compatible". This is a similar case, except the system is embedded into the consoles. I see a difference between a one-off deal to make a couple arcade machines with Nintendo and a long-term relationship SEGA has had with Windows.

Or the relationship with about a gazillion of PC's and hardware ( bit obvious, don't you think? )

( off topic, just wanted to let you guys know I will be receiving my "put it in the in the ass of bill gates pencil sharpener" and my "sonic the hedgehog toiletbrush"tomorrow)

mmfsm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
a better aprils fools would be: GATEWAY 2.1 BRICK CONFIRMED WHEN RUNNING POKEMON!!!! or MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3, FFVII and MAJORA?S MASK REMAKE COMING!!!,, WIIU AND PS$ HACKED!!!
but dreamcast 2? come on.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.