The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
CrimzonEyed said:
*reading article*
......................... Can i please assassinate him?
We couldn't possibly condone such behavior. Feel free to give him a ding upside the head, though.

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
PikaPerson01 said:
He claims that the low quality games will appeal to the casual market, but... since when have you heard of a casual gamer buying a 200 dollar phone with a 100 dollar a month plan?
[...]
Why the assumption that casual gamers would flock to use something that they don't need (a smart phone)
You seem to be confusing "casual gamers" with "casual tech users". Just because they wouldn't pay $200 for a gaming console doesn't mean they wouldn't pay $200 for a phone.
I disagree. There is definitely a correlation between those who are tech savvy and those who typically purchase the latest video games. Likewise, the correlation also exists between casual gamers and casual tech users.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol just realised Apple can't do 3D on their iPod Touch/iPhone. You know I was ok with apple bringing out an iPhone, then I was ok about iPhone 3G since somehow they forgot that. Then when they announced 3GS was the time I realised what apple were doing and how retarded they were being and the fact that "suckers" actually took a piece of the "pie".

Indeed Apple does make good stuff, but stop trying to get into every single market and monopolise it. Stick to computers and stop trying to brainwash fans into defending you. Macs are terrible they're not easy to use (And yes 5 mins on a Mac counts since thats a first impression, and if a person like me does not like how it handles then so do other people. Im a Windows person but when I used linux the first time it was so easy) Anyway on topic, iPod touch games are like snake, no thats an insult, iPod touch games are like pong, compared to dedicated game consoles.

They kicked Sony out of the music business, they're trying to kick Nokia out of the mobile business and they're making every phone look bad with the "death grip" which clearly is someone hold the phone as hard as they can to drop down bars, despite the fact that from what I know of nokia manual they specifically state not to cover certain areas.

So anyway, Apple fanboys go back to your Macs that your parents had get by mortgaging they're house and are inferior to gaming PCs.

Apple fanboys think they're rich because they can afford it, but they're not since they're spoiled that are poor (Seriously people most people on the net are about 16-18 they're not that old, they sound they're old like how I am sounding right now)

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
the reason they are fan boys (what i think) is because the paid a way to much for something horrible, but they don't want to admit that they did something wrong.

EDIT: can be that they are so simple minded that they think, the higher the price is the better the item is

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only they knew. I don't like Apple Laptops or computer. I don't mind the iPod, but anything else is a waist of money. People who buy Apple computers believe that they will not get viruses or the computer will never crash. They have been brainwashed by those commercials. I for one know that they can crash, that they can get viruses. Heck, I was able to bypass the security on the apple laptops from my high school to run unauthorized programs, like Halo, on there. That's actually why they crashed, because the system was having trouble running a program that wasn't approved by the security, causing the motherboard to overwork itself. It was made that way on purpose. Just because it is the most expensive thing in the world, doesn't mean its the best thing.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DunkrWunkah said:
Wow. This journalist is a total retard. Does he know how much Nintendo sells? Apple has nothing on The Big N.

Apple has a much larger revenue, so that claim is not entirely correct, but they aren't in the same market.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a poorly written article. The iphone can keep you entertained for some time, between calls and text, but the games are poor and the good ones are far and few in between. Most are gimmicky and not even playable.
The 3DS is breaking breaking ground and showing us 3D w/o glasses even if it is for only one person at a time on a tiny 4 inch screen, but there are hardcore games for the 3ds. Which is was the 3ds is doing.Not being a phone, being a gaming device.

Dumbass blogger.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did you know that Nintendo started in the console business at a time when everyone else was leaving it?
The older computer gaming companies realised that consumers got bored of their consoles after 5 or so years, and didn't know how to make a profit.
Nintendo came in and gave consumers great games to make that profit.

But then, this is the handheld market, not the home console market. The original gameboy survived almost 7 years before the pocket version, then the colour 2 years after that. That's a 9 year cycle since the pocket was just a redesign.

The reason Apple make a profit from their 1 year cycle is because they hold back hardware features until that next cycle making their device cheaper to make, then they hype it and bind it to a contracted exclusivity deal for more profit, then thy overcharge and control the amount of product they release to further hype it.
Of course handhelds from Nintendo work in a similar way, they release a new iteration every so often to prop up demand.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BortzANATOR said:
That is a poorly written article. The iphone can keep you entertained for some time, between calls and text, but the games are poor and the good ones are far and few in between. Most are gimmicky and not even playable.
The 3DS is breaking breaking ground and showing us 3D w/o glasses even if it is for only one person at a time on a tiny 4 inch screen, but there are hardcore games for the 3ds. Which is was the 3ds is doing.Not being a phone, being a gaming device.

Dumbass blogger.

Exactly, it's like comparing a great cell/smart phone to a new camera. Sure, the cellphone might have HD stuff and whatnot, but you can't beat a camera for taking photos. Ever.

Same for handheld gaming. People laughed when the DS came out, now look at it.

You simply CANNOT compare the iPhone 4 with the 3DS. And that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple and Nintendo's products (for quality/design, etc...), but I know when to separate apples from bananas.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the guy who has written this article.(see spoiler)
Apple: Mostly makes media devices and Computers
Ninty: Makes Gaming devices

I do not understand him. The 3ds is not even in the shops! WTF! How can it be killed already?

I am a Nintendo fanboy(well I fact a collector) and EVEN I believe the Ipod touch is good but still it is a MEDIA DEVICE NOT A GAMING DEVICE SO STFU ABOUT NINTENDO!
Note: This message is fo the Apple fan-boy

On-topic: LOL Nintendo has more GOOD games then apple. How can it ever be possible

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What.
A.
Fail.

The iTouch/Phone isn't even a gaming device.
3DS games will obvious pwn the iTouch's damn game ports.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are two distinct camps here, and I'm proud to be on both sides.

Camp # One : Buttons! Come on.. Buttons!! You NEED Buttons!!!

Camp # Two : Developers.

Nintendo named their system the "Developers System", but it's Apple that did the right thing. It's Apple that gave people like me the ability to get hold of a dev-kit, (or "MacMini" as they like to call it!) start writing games, and then release them.
If Nintendo did that one single thing, they would obliterate iPhings in one stroke.

... waiting...

..But similarly, if Apple released a gaming device, or even a Game-Cradle for the iPhings, Nintendo would finally have a fight on their hands. (I say finally, because.. well.. Sony didn't really do it, did they!)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
I posted this:

"Bullshit. Your saying I should throw out $200 every bloody year for a new system, and that my games should be two dollar ports of PC flash games? Show me an iPhone game that beats out Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Mario, Ocarina of Time, etc etc etc. This was written by an outspoken Apple fanboy and needent even be considered. Apple isn't even in Ninty's market."

+1

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
the reason they are fan boys (what i think) is because the paid a way to much for something horrible, but they don't want to admit that they did something wrong.

EDIT: can be that they are so simple minded that they think, the higher the price is the better the item is
this is REAL. Apple fanboys... they'll do anything to make their products look more superior even if they arent

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: