Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

doogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there away to add images to Amiiqo that are missing on android app? Don't seem to be much support for even with new name. Sucks when you can not see image and all you can see is Bank #1 etc...

Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there away to add images to Amiiqo that are missing on android app? Don't seem to be much support for even with new name. Sucks when you can not see image and all you can see is Bank #1 etc...

I got the same problem Mewtwo picture does not show in the app. I hope they can make a update for the app to make the newer amiibo pictures work and also the one currently selected because when you switch you still don't know witch one you selected

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious, since the brand name change, has the amiiqo app been updated to allow you to determine which amiibo the bank is currently set to? If be great for they're to be a way to quickly switch from an Amiibo with a low bank number to a much higher number than by holding the button and scanning through the amiibo one at a time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't find the amiiqo app in the google play store anymore. How am I going to use my amiiqo with my android device now?

You can't find it in the store. Download the amiiqo app from the website of amiiqo or google N2 Elite ( thats the new name). Before installing you need to accept that you gonna install a app from out of the playstore. Google it how to do that

Last edited by Clau46,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't find it in the store. Download the app from the amiiqo app from the website of amiiqo or google N2 Elite ( thats the new name). Before installing you need to accept that you gonna install a app from out of the playstore. Google it how to do that
Ok I understand the whole legality issues with the name but couldn't they simply have updated their app under a new name too? It makes no sense that they are still allowed to sell their devices but have no support on the software end of things in google play like they did before.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I understand the whole legality issues with the name but couldn't they simply have updated their app under a new name too? It makes no sense that they are still allowed to sell their devices but have no support on the software end of things in google play like they did before.
They said they have an N2 app in the works, but idk why they're taking so long too.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any news? I'm thinking of picking one up. It's a little pricey but cheaper than trying to get a full Amiibo set.

I can understand it talking a little while to rewrite the app. Looks like it doesn't handle a large collection well at the moment so it needs a major overhaul to add Amiibo management.

I wish they could've added a little indicator (ideally a epaper screen) to show what the current amiibo is, but that would quadruple the cost.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news? I'm thinking of picking one up. It's a little pricey but cheaper than trying to get a full Amiibo set.

I can understand it talking a little while to rewrite the app. Looks like it doesn't handle a large collection well at the moment so it needs a major overhaul to add Amiibo management.

I wish they could've added a little indicator (ideally a epaper screen) to show what the current amiibo is, but that would quadruple the cost.
I plan on receiving some on Monday, I ship internationally from the US. I do have to say that I was thinking the same idea with the screen though I believe it would need its own battery which would increase the cost as well.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if they made a version that was completely controlled by the phone? Square makes card readers that run off the headphone jack, A glorified NFC token should work just as well. It might even be cheaper, though not as portable.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How the hell do I unlock this thing?
It was working perfectly right until I locked it. I follow the steps perfectly, but it doesn't seem to help.
1. Scan once to bring up the dump/unlock menu
2. Press "unlock"
3. Hold the Amiiqo to my phone and once I hear the first beep
4. Immediately press the button and hold it until "Failed to unlock tag" shows up.

I can't see what other tricks I need to pull off, and I'm already pushing hard enough that I'm worried I might break it. Is it a timing issue? Am I supposed to wait for the second beep? Does holding the button before tapping help? I have no idea what the problem is and it's so annoying!

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do I unlock this thing?
It was working perfectly right until I locked it. I follow the steps perfectly, but it doesn't seem to help.
1. Scan once to bring up the dump/unlock menu
2. Press "unlock"
3. Hold the Amiiqo to my phone and once I hear the first beep
4. Immediately press the button and hold it until "Failed to unlock tag" shows up.

I can't see what other tricks I need to pull off, and I'm already pushing hard enough that I'm worried I might break it. Is it a timing issue? Am I supposed to wait for the second beep? Does holding the button before tapping help? I have no idea what the problem is and it's so annoying!
Are you moving it away after you scan it the first time? Other than that, you're doing it right though sometimes you may have to do it twice in a row.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you moving it away after you scan it the first time? Other than that, you're doing it right though sometimes you may have to do it twice in a row.
I'm not moving it at all. At this point I assume there's an incompatibility with my Moto X Play or the Amiiqo itself is damaged. When I visit my sister I might ask to check using her phone (everyone here uses iPhones).

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not moving it at all. At this point I assume there's an incompatibility with my Moto X Play or the Amiiqo itself is damaged. When I visit my sister I might ask to check using her phone (everyone here uses iPhones).
Are you placing it on the top of the phone or the bottom of the phone? You should be placing it at underside. When you scan it first to bring up the menu, you have to move it away before you click the unlock button. Then you place it against your phone again and when you hear the scan sound, press and hold the button. Should work then. You can also check that maxed out console forum to see if your phone may be the problem.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was my phone. I borrowed my stepbrother's old Galaxy S4 and it was able to unlock it. Now I can use it with my Moto.

I'm a little annoyed that I can't lock it, but mostly I'm relieved that I didn't permanently ruin it. I just have to be careful to not lock it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up