Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Set my own images for the files (especially ones they have missing)
2. Set which bin is active
3. Know which bin is active (tap the device and the image pops up)
4. Mass set bins (select the bins you want on the device and then hold the device to the NFC reader until they're all set)
5. Set the folder that bins save to
6 Set the bin names automatically (instead of saving the bin as 04899a42983c0.bin save as [SSB] Mario (NA).bin)
That all sounds great, have you sent an email requesting all this?

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent them a couple of these on Sept 8th. I don't want to overwhelm them with suggestions. They said they forwarded the suggestions to the development team. I also offered to help test on Oct 28. Have not gotten a reply yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think they are going to rebrand it and it will support Skylanders and Lego Dimensions, at least that is what it seems like they are referencing. Having one Toys to Life bit for all three games will be great. It will eat Maxlander's lunch as it doesn't have write limitations, and I'm assuming the price will drop even further with scale, because the marketplace for something that does all three (or even Amiibo + one of the others) is much larger.

I know with Skylanders you need to have multiple NFC devices on the reader at a time... That's why Maxlander comes with a bunch. Not sure how that would work with an amiiqo.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks, I know how you feel. Before homebrew became more mainstream the only way to cheat on 3DS games was from datel and their PoS powersaves device. I would email them weekly on games I really wanted cheats for, even months and to this day they still dont have said cheats while other regions have cheat support for the games. Thats really bullshit but eventually people started to create save editors and things got good from there.

So I know how you feel about it.

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only part that's making me feel some type of way was their last update on their site was Oct 4 and they said they'd have some sort of update within the week. if they didn't give a time frame I wouldn't feel abandoned.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks, I know how you feel. Before homebrew became more mainstream the only way to cheat on 3DS games was from datel and their PoS powersaves device. I would email them weekly on games I really wanted cheats for, even months and to this day they still dont have said cheats while other regions have cheat support for the games. Thats really bullshit but eventually people started to create save editors and things got good from there.

So I know how you feel about it.

Just to pile on, I contacted Datel multiple times about Powersave support for Mac (they have a DMG file that doesn't work on their website) as well as support for Skylanders games (I can kinda see why they would shy away from that, as it would then defeat the purpose of buying the figures...) but I didn't even get so much as a response.

Reactions: deloreancowboy

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to pile on, I contacted Datel multiple times about Powersave support for Mac (they have a DMG file that doesn't work on their website) as well as support for Skylanders games (I can kinda see why they would shy away from that, as it would then defeat the purpose of buying the figures...) but I didn't even get so much as a response.
I dont think they are suppose to respond back to you, the email query is nothing more than a suggestion box that they may or may not listen to. It just feels like if the game you want support for isnt some first party game that isnt Mario or Zelda its not gonna have cheat support. This is the last product I ever buy from them.

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found 4 different ways to detect that an Amiiqo is not actually a genuine amiibo. Whoever designed the software part of the Amiiqo only implemented the bare minimum to get it to work. Correct password? Nope. Correct ECC signature? Nope. Nintendo could easily block Amiiqo in the next system update. If the company behind Amiiqo cannot fix these differences with a firmware update then we are left with a useless device. Are there other ways to emulate an amiibo apart from Amiiqo and this?

Reactions: mznova

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you please post some more info about it? I recently backed up my own Amiibo and scanned it after with my phone and it matches the one that amiiqo dumps back after scanning it.
Those 540 bytes of data are obviously identical but Amiiqo does not emulate the NTAG215 chip used inside amiibo for the full 100%. For instance, the ECC signature returned by Amiiqo is always FF FF FF ... If Nintendo would check the signature then Amiiqo would no longer work. Returning random data would not work since the ECC signature is based on the UID and can be checked with NXP's public key. The ECC signature can be dumped from a real amiibo (my software does it) but I do not know if the current Amiiqo firmware can emulate it. It looks like Amiiqo stores amiibo dumps in blocks of 576 bytes so those extra 36 bytes might be used for storing the ECC signature.

Reactions: Azel and mznova

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those 540 bytes of data are obviously identical but Amiiqo does not emulate the NTAG215 chip used inside amiibo for the full 100%. For instance, the ECC signature returned by Amiiqo is always FF FF FF ... If Nintendo would check the signature then Amiiqo would no longer work. Returning random data would not work since the ECC signature is based on the UID and can be checked with NXP's public key. The ECC signature can be dumped from a real amiibo (my software does it) but I do not know if the current Amiiqo firmware can emulate it. It looks like Amiiqo stores amiibo dumps in blocks of 576 bytes so those extra 36 bytes might be used for storing the ECC signature.
Is it possible for you to email amiiqo about this and see what they say? I'm a bit hesitant about buying now but I don't understand what you said enough to have a discussion with them about it.

Last edited by mznova,

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latecomer to this subject , without reading all the various threads n posts , can i use an nfc equiped phone to scan an amibo then use my phone as an amibo ?

In theory. Presently, you can use the phone to scan, but you can't use the phone's NFC as a "blank amiibo", you can only use it to write/rewrite to devices like the Amiiqo. That's not to say it can't be done, that method just hasn't been made public as of now.

Last edited by jesterscourt,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my Amiiqo and its great, I love it. But I gotta say, if they ever do a revision design, that costs a little bit extra, they really should add a simple navigatable menu display, so you can quickly jump to whichever Amiibo you want, and you'd always know what the current Amiibo is on the device without having to scan it into a game.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my Amiiqo and its great, I love it. But I gotta say, if they ever do a revision design, that costs a little bit extra, they really should add a simple navigatable menu display, so you can quickly jump to whichever Amiibo you want, and you'd always know what the current Amiibo is on the device without having to scan it into a game.

This is a great idea, but remember the device isn't really powered, so I'm not sure how the navigation would work without a battery of some sort.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great idea, but remember the device isn't really powered, so I'm not sure how the navigation would work without a battery of some sort.

Ah yes, good point, perhaps this hypothetical updated model would then have to run on a small lithium battery so that it could allow for such a feature.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got mine in today, working like advertised, but managing which Amiibo is on the chip is pretty cumbersome and they overcharge for shipping if you order from modchips.co.uk, paid €6,99 while on the envelop it clearly states €2,99 (when ordering in Europe that site is the cheapest in all respects though).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without reading all 17 sites here: Has anyone of you ever tested one of these? Are they working fine?

What are you referring to? The Amiiqo itself? Yes, it works fine, the Android app is functional, but that's about it. I was an early adopter, so I am looking forward to using the USB writer instead of trying to charge up an ancient Android phone everytime.

I emailed the amiiqo team a few days ago to ask for a timeframe for shipment of my USB writer, and have yet to hear a response.

Reactions: lordelan

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What are you referring to? The Amiiqo itself? Yes, it works fine, the Android app is functional, but that's about it. I was an early adopter, so I am looking forward to using the USB writer instead of trying to charge up an ancient Android phone everytime.

I emailed the amiiqo team a few days ago to ask for a timeframe for shipment of my USB writer, and have yet to hear a response.

lol ancient what phone is it cause even today barely any android phones use NFC and even the oldest ones are still pretty fast.
Also the point of having it write through android is portability in the first place

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.