Status
Not open for further replies.

shade7742

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I am mixed up but can Gateway work on the latest Nintendo firmware. Most sites tell me that it only works on 4.5xx. Am I wrong?

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe I am mixed up but can Gateway work on the latest Nintendo firmware. Most sites tell me that it only works on 4.5xx. Am I wrong?

Yes., you're wrong Well, sort of.

Using Gateway emuNAND, yes, it can run the latest firmware. But Gateway/clones need a 4.5 console for the exploit to be run. :)

shade7742

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes., you're wrong Well, sort of.

Using Gateway emuNAND, yes, it can run the latest firmware. But Gateway/clones need a 4.5 console for the exploit to be run. :)

Okay that was what I was wondering. My console is the latest firmware which means I cannot use Gateway. Thanks for the info.

moviecut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To all people, who are getting the fragmentation error: Does it only happen on extFat or on fat32, too? I see no advantage in extFat, because big roms can be splitted.. So if fat32 doesnt have the fragmentation error, i whould prefer fat32...

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:blink:
No time to answer you. Try it yourself.
Well I haven't bought a gateway (or 3DS) yet, I've been waiting for Gateway online play. The gateway developer said the bug that prevents network connection would be fixed eventually. Since the feature list mentions the shop channel now works, I thought maybe online multiplayer might work now too. The thread is so big, I thought maybe someone could simply answer the question.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
doesn't work the other way around, 1.2 doesn't understand the new save format, so it defaults to the old style......you can force the game to use the old style in 2.1 as it still understands the old method it just doesnt use it if the 6.x crypto flag is set, this just disables 6.x crypto style so it uses the old style and thus reads the save made on 1.2

also im pretty sure that editing the game before they added the signature patch in 2.1 means the game won't load

Reactions: Kishnabe

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doesn't work the other way around, 1.2 doesn't understand the new save format, so it defaults to the old style......you can force the game to use the old style in 2.1 as it still understands the old method it just doesnt use it if the 6.x crypto flag is set, this just disables 6.x crypto style so it uses the old style and thus reads the save made on 1.2

also im pretty sure that editing the game before they added the signature patch in 2.1 means the game won't load
So if I go to 2.1.

Edit the Bravely Default with hex like you have shown. Would 2.0b1 save work? You said 1.2 would work?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having an issue with Animal Crossing: New Leaf being super slow when processing data? For example, it takes like 30 seconds to save and when I load the game, preparing my town takes like 5 minutes! Is this normal? I don't really have issues with other games. I'm using the CONTRAST EU rip.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else having an issue with Animal Crossing: New Leaf being super slow when processing data? For example, it takes like 30 seconds to save and when I load the game, preparing my town takes like 5 minutes! Is this normal? I don't really have issues with other games. I'm using the CONTRAST EU rip.

Nope, what class is your sd/microsd card(s)?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, what class is your sd/microsd card(s)?

Well... haha. I think it's pretty bad to be honest... maybe a 3. I had bought a new one but I ended up using it for my phone instead. I was planning on buying a larger one sometime anyway.

gruven42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, Animal Crossing's data save is huge compared to other games. The GameCube version saves were so large, they sold the game with its own memory card.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well... haha. I think it's pretty bad to be honest... maybe a 3. I had bought a new one but I ended up using it for my phone instead. I was planning on buying a larger one sometime anyway.
I think a class 10 would save you a lot of hassle, Animal Crossing runs nice and quick with one.

xxMergyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried Pokemon Y, played it around 5 hours and really enjoyed it,
so i thought i'm gonna buy it, cause it is really awesome!

But: Can we use the Save file from GW with a retail cartridge?
e. g. with the R4 Save Dongle?

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed a 3rd eshop game got dumped (Super Mario Bros. Deluxe) has anyone tried this out with gateway 2.1 yet?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all people, who are getting the fragmentation error: Does it only happen on extFat or on fat32, too? I see no advantage in extFat, because big roms can be splitted.. So if fat32 doesnt have the fragmentation error, i whould prefer fat32...

I'm wondering this too. I'm also wondering what games would need to be split. The biggest game I have seen is Bravely Default, but that is only 3.3 GB CCI trimmed. Any games bigger than that so far, or is this just something we may need in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it