Gaming Animal Crossing: New Leaf Hype Thread

What is/are your favourite hobby in Animal Crossing?

• Total voters

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A persimmon. The rarest fruit in the game?
A hero's cap?
A red pikmin?
Hello???

Persimmon will work. I see your friend code. I'll get on it tonight.
1) I have to remember my friend code.
2) I have to remember how to connect w/ another user on AC. Haven't it done it since the Wild World...

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you're fishing you've no doubt noticed that different fish cast different shadows. Every now and then one with a fin will show up. Catch it like any other fish and if you're lucky it'll be a shark. They sell for about 13-15k a pop at Re-Tail, so a basket full of them might take a while to get but you'll make a killing. Like I said, if there are no sharks, run into the building and out again, repeat until one shows up.

You might want to try catching the beetles that land on the trees too, the bigger ones are worth as much as sharks.

Depends on which sharks you're talking aboout. If it's the shark. Then no. The rarest beetles are worth as much as a saw shark.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're fishing you've no doubt noticed that different fish cast different shadows. Every now and then one with a fin will show up. Catch it like any other fish and if you're lucky it'll be a shark. They sell for about 13-15k a pop at Re-Tail, so a basket full of them might take a while to get but you'll make a killing. Like I said, if there are no sharks, run into the building and out again, repeat until one shows up.

You might want to try catching the beetles that land on the trees too, the bigger ones are worth as much as sharks.

So its just business as usual. Cool.

Uh ok so you can dig shiz up from the ground on the star looking marks right? Can i find stuff elsewere, or only under places with the star dirt marks?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
So its just business as usual. Cool.

Uh ok so you can dig shiz up from the ground on the star looking marks right? Can i find stuff elsewere, or only under places with the star dirt marks?

Every day you should find 4 star marks with fossils in them, 1 with a pitfall seed, if it was raining the day before another 3 that contain various Gyroids that sell for 828 bells each. You can shake trees for a little pocket change and bees nests (hint: to avoid being stung by bees, either run inside or save+continue to remove them, or open your town gate via wifi, bees won't spawn while the gate is open). You'll also get 2 random pieces of furniture per day from trees. You can shoot balloons down for balloon furniture, they spawn every time your clock ends in 4, either shoot them with a slingshot or wait until they're by the cliffs by the beach and hit them with your bug net. You'll also find 2 special rocks in your town every day you should hit with your shovel. One contains a random ore which you can sell for about 2k, or 50,000+ for gold ore if you ask around here or Gamefaqs, they're in HUGE demand. You'll also find a rock that spits up money when hit with a shovel. Dig holes behind you to prevent yourself from being knocked back as far and whack away, you can get about 16k every day that way, although I hear it can go as high as 32k if you time it perfectly.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every day you should find 4 star marks with fossils in them, 1 with a pitfall seed, if it was raining the day before another 3 that contain various Gyroids that sell for 828 bells each. You can shake trees for a little pocket change and bees nests (hint: to avoid being stung by bees, either run inside or save+continue to remove them, or open your town gate via wifi, bees won't spawn while the gate is open). You'll also get 2 random pieces of furniture per day from trees. You can shoot balloons down for balloon furniture, they spawn every time your clock ends in 4, either shoot them with a slingshot or wait until they're by the cliffs by the beach and hit them with your bug net. You'll also find 2 special rocks in your town every day you should hit with your shovel. One contains a random ore which you can sell for about 2k, or 50,000+ for gold ore if you ask around here or Gamefaqs, they're in HUGE demand. You'll also find a rock that spits up money when hit with a shovel. Dig holes behind you to prevent yourself from being knocked back as far and whack away, you can get about 16k every day that way, although I hear it can go as high as 32k if you time it perfectly.

Unless it doubles like it used to in City folk, the max is 16k. :)

Persimmon will work. I see your friend code. I'll get on it tonight.
1) I have to remember my friend code.
2) I have to remember how to connect w/ another user on AC. Haven't it done it since the Wild World...

Sorry, already done with a player in gamefaqs. :(
But thx for trying.
Finally finished the astro series. Mmm... looks cool I guess. Can't wait to get my HHA points tmr for completing three sets. XD
hTD2meT.jpg

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries gamefan5.

I have a fossils questions. For some irrational reason, I've been hoarding every single one I found. Is there any advantage to keeping them, selling them or donating them? Seems the beetle hunt nets more money than selling the fossils.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally completed the astro series!
No worries gamefan5.

I have a fossils questions. For some irrational reason, I've been hoarding every single one I found. Is there any advantage to keeping them, selling them or donating them? Seems the beetle hunt nets more money than selling the fossils.

Donate fossils to the museum.
Catch bugs and fish for the money. That's what I do. :)

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
No worries gamefan5.

You need to donate at least one to unlock the museum shop and therefore the cafe, but aside from that I think donating them is just for completionism's sake of having the museum full up, but you do get medals from it too I think, if that makes any difference to anything. Personally I donate the first of each type I find then sell off any duplicates. But I might keep a T Rex or a raptor to go with my pet sharks once I finish my next expansion.

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to donate at least one to unlock the museum shop and therefore the cafe, but aside from that I think donating them is just for completionism's sake of having the museum full up, but you do get medals from it too I think, if that makes any difference to anything. Personally I donate the first of each type I find then sell off any duplicates. But I might keep a T Rex or a raptor to go with my pet sharks once I finish my next expansion.

Ah, good point on the shop and cafe. I didn't realize that you can actually find duplicates of fossils.

Reactions: gamefan5

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm keeping the raptor and sabertooth tiger pieces to get them miniaturized by Cyrus.

The little girl have a use.Its a technical use,because you can only transport a certain number of item with the basket.When its full,you don't have any choice but to sell the rest to her.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, good point on the shop and cafe. I didn't realize that you can actually find duplicates of fossils.

Yeah, it's a half decent source of income, since the star marks for the fossils regenerate every morning so you always have four. In fact once you have a completed museum you basically get four fossils to sell every morning, and they fetch a reasonable price at Re-Tail. Same goes for fish and insects and etc. I donate the first one I find, all others get sold, aside from my pet shark collection. I like to scare the bejesus out of the squirrel that lives down the road.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wanting to buy Varia helmet and boots and Hero's cap, pants and boots

Anyone have for sale?

Edit:

Anyone have an axe for sale? Or if not can you just come in my down and chop down one to two trees so I can leave them as stumps?

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a mannequin from the Able Sisters, how do I get more? I assume I have to buy from people?

Also I'm looking to buy Varia helmet and shoes, as well as Hero cap, pants, boots

I've gotten one after the QR machine went up, got another after I had spent so much in Able Sisters, I buy anything I don't have just to catalogue then sell it on ;)

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten one after the QR machine went up, got another after I had spent so much in Able Sisters, I buy anything I don't have just to catalogue then sell it on ;)
Yeah I got the one from the QR thing, I looked up how to get the others :)

Do you have an axe for sale or can I just have you come in to my town for like a second (if you have an axe) and cut down a tree? I am trying to catch an insect but they only spawn on stumps and my axe broke days ago...and it doesn't spawn on the island so I can't get it there

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I got the one from the QR thing, I looked up how to get the others :)

Do you have an axe for sale or can I just have you come in to my town for like a second (if you have an axe) and cut down a tree? I am trying to catch an insect but they only spawn on stumps and my axe broke days ago...and it doesn't spawn on the island so I can't get it there

I can just give you one if you don't have it in the next half an hour, kind of busy atm :)

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck yeah, got me an Arwing :D

Out of curiosity, how long before I can remodel my home into a Japanese castle? Every time I ask Nook he tells me to make my home bigger. I just had the second floor installed. How many other upgrades do I need to buy before he'll let me build my fortress?

Also, drum kit fell out of a tree this morning. Will go well with my bass. Once I buy the basement I'm gonna turn it into a music room, have the main room as my aquarium for my pet sharks, top floor for my bedroom and any additional rooms as random storage/projects.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah, got me an Arwing :D

Out of curiosity, how long before I can remodel my home into a Japanese castle? Every time I ask Nook he tells me to make my home bigger. I just had the second floor installed. How many other upgrades do I need to buy before he'll let me build my fortress?

Also, drum kit fell out of a tree this morning. Will go well with my bass. Once I buy the basement I'm gonna turn it into a music room, have the main room as my aquarium for my pet sharks, top floor for my bedroom and any additional rooms as random storage/projects.

You have to have all upgrades before he'll let you do that, then those revisions will cost 398k.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P