All Wii backup loader/Waninkoko discussion goes here.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
referencer said:
TrolleyDave said:
So he promised this app to you? That's funny cos I'm pretty sure it's an unauthorized leak of a beta, meaning the orignal author didn't release it. The news came from an unofficial source as far as I'm aware. So if anyone's going to have a pop at someone it should be at the one who leaked it, becuase essentially isn't HE the one who promised you it?

I keep asking this, but no one seems to want to answer: Did he participate at all in the buildup? If he did, he was effectively promising it.

No he didn't. Someone else released it to the community without his permission.

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
WTF man.....dick them over....THE GUY DIDN'T PROMISE ANYTHING..It's his own free will and choice to make this and release it..
referencer, did he promised it to you? It's not a promise if he's talking about it, and answering the questions..If I come to a car store and start talking with the salesman, asking him questions it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a car!!

And as Trolley said it, scene isn't the community....To be a part of the scene, you must DO something for the scene!

I don't know much about this "scene" business, so I will simply reiterate what referencer said: If Waninkoko had -any- hand whatsoever in hyping this up to the community, then yes, it was basically as good as a promise. You don't just dangle a piece of meat in front of a bear and then run away.

However, this doesn't change the fact that this is an extremely silly and infantile reaction to something so unnecessary to the development of the project.

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 12:19 PM) Who was I to direct a retort to?

No one was speaking to me. Are you confused?

Going to argue semantics with me, eh? Fine, I'll bite.

Last I checked, you don't need to be specifically addressed in order to make a retort, or "reply", to an argument.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
referencer, did he promised it to you? It's not a promise if he's talking about it, and answering the questions..If I come to a car store and start talking with the salesman, asking him questions it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a car!!
When you talk about software you're developing without making it obvious that you aren't going to release it, the implication is that you're going to release it at some point. If Douglas Adams were resurrected and started commenting about working on another Hitchhiker's Guide book, people would rightly assume that he was going to publish it, and would be rightly disappointed if he decided to not publish it.

QUOTE(yikkyon @ Sep 20 2008, 05:18 PM) I'm not complaining because I know that
I still playing Super Mario Bros. FOR FREE
That 's enough for me but
Some of you are going like you deliver a pizza and then STOP BOOOO!!!
Well what if that one person stole part of that pizza , dropped it on the floor, AND THEN GAVE IT TO EVERYONE!!!
That's what you should thinking
What the hell?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is friggin' ridiculous. This is supposed to be for discussion of Waninkoko's backup loader not for childish flame wars over who is and isn't a dick (although I suppose this is what happens when you try to have rational discussions in the Testing Area). This place looks more and more like 4chan every day. =_=;;

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It's over. He's said he's stopping work on it. You just don't see it as over because you believe that if you push, scream and bully enough he might change his mind and release it to the community. Plus I think JKRs post was of more substance then yours and found his reply actually added quite alot of intelligence to the thread.

Thank you so very much for proving that instead of actually reading and comprehending posts, you instead jump in to blindly defend this childish decision without even knowing who you are responding to. Further proof that you guys have no clue what you're talking about, nor any logical basis on which to come to a rational and adult opinion on the matter.

For the last time, hopefully, I could care less about this release. I am merely here to ridicule and criticize this absolutely inane and irrational decision. Please learn to read, thank you.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yikkyon said:
I'm not complaining because I know that
I still playing Super Mario Bros. FOR FREE
That 's enough for me but
Some of you are going like you deliver a pizza and then STOP BOOOO!!!
Well what if that one person stole part of that pizza , dropped it on the floor, AND THEN GAVE IT TO EVERYONE!!!
That's what you should thinking

Join me as I have a moment of silence for the english language.

*bows head*

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hitoshura said:
However, this doesn't change the fact that this is an extremely silly and infantile reaction to something so unnecessary to the development of the project.
Well, that is the main problem, you think it's unnecessary, but obviously it isn't the case with Waninkoko..He's bothered by it, and the bottom line is, if you have any sense in your head, you should respect it and respect him for his decision, because he earned respect more than enough times!!

I see no reason whatsoever to flame him..you understand, he didn't wrote a mail any of you saying that he's developing this for you..For what I know, maybe he was doing it for himself, and decided to share it in the end, but he sure didn't do it for you or referencer!!

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hitoshura said:
TrolleyDave said:
It's over. He's said he's stopping work on it. You just don't see it as over because you believe that if you push, scream and bully enough he might change his mind and release it to the community. Plus I think JKRs post was of more substance then yours and found his reply actually added quite alot of intelligence to the thread.

Thank you so very much for proving that instead of actually reading and comprehending posts, you instead jump in to blindly defend this childish decision without even knowing who you are responding to. Further proof that you guys have no clue what you're talking about, nor any logical basis on which to come to a rational and adult opinion on the matter.

For the last time, hopefully, I could care less about this release. I am merely here to ridicule and criticize this absolutely inane and irrational decision. Please learn to read, thank you.

I would like to say that I've been following these threads for days and have read almost all of the comments in each one that's appeared.

I've done my homework before responding.

Who are you?

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Hitoshura said:
Well, that is the main problem, you think it's unnecessary, but obviously it isn't the case with Waninkoko..He's bothered by it, and the bottom line is, if you have any sense in your head, you should respect it and respect him for his decision, because he earned respect more than enough times!!

I see no reason whatsoever to flame him..you understand, he didn't wrote a mail any of you saying that he's developing this for you..For what I know, maybe he was doing it for himself, and decided to share it in the end, but he sure didn't do it for you or referencer!!

Once again, thinking from a logical standpoint, nothing has changed. So what if he's bothered by it? It doesn't change any single facet of the development of the project. Again, toss emotions and butthurtness out of it. That's not the point.

Also again I ask that you actually read my posts instead of blindly defending, because once again, I care not for the release of this project, from a personal stance.

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:
Hitoshura said:
TrolleyDave said:

I would like to say that I've been following these threads for days and have read almost all of the comments in each one that's appeared.

I've done my homework before responding.

Who are you?

That would be why you automatically assumed that I was whining about wanting the release for personal usage, right?

Right?

RIGHT?

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:

He
is NOT being childish. It is HIS loader which HE made with HIS time and energy. HE was doing the scene a service and someone betrayed HIM. So, HE has the right to do whatever HE wants to do with it.
He's still being childish, regardless of whether or not he has a right to. If you're a landlord and one of your renters spills milk on the floor, you have full rights to kick them out, and it would still be a childish reaction.

QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Sep 20 2008, 05:24 PM) No he didn't. Someone else released it to the community without his permission.
Did he have strictly nothing to do with any of the hype or buildup?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hitoshura said:
Once again, thinking from a logical standpoint, nothing has changed. So what if he's bothered by it? It doesn't change any single facet of the development of the project. Again, toss emotions and butthurtness out of it. That's not the point.

Also again I ask that you actually read my posts instead of blindly defending, because once again, I care not for the release of this project, from a personal stance.
Dude, you're a friggin ignorant..Why would he toss emotions out of it, he's not a robot doing community work.....He's doing it all because he feels good about it, once this happened, he stopped feeling good and he stopped developing..

I know you you don't care about this project, besides, if you read everything you would know that I don't even own Wii, and I don't care about this at all...I care about how people act, and it pisses me off..

Are you a part of scene, or even community....For now, here, you have no respect from other members, because you have to earn it..Others who, think as I do, are active members here, they probably know how this works!!

On the other hand, I can't see that you or referencer see what is this about.......You say that this guy must finish loader?
Why?

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
The troll named Hitoshura needs to liek literally, liek, needz to gtfo amirite?

The kid named Brian117 needs to liek literally, liek, learn what the definition of troll is amirite?

That or my sarcasm detectors are broken.

WHICH IS IT?!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hitoshura said:
Brian117 said:

The kid named Brian117 needs to liek literally, liek, learn what the definition of troll is amirite?

WHICH IS IT?!
Stop freaking flaming, keep to the topic... isn't that hard now is it?

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tjas said:
Hitoshura said:
Brian117 said:

WHICH IS IT?!

Stop freaking flaming, keep to the topic... isn't that hard now is it?

BUT HE STARTED IT

Or something like that.

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Sep 20 2008, 12:42 PM) QUOTE(Hitoshura @ Sep 20 2008, 06:36 PM)

Dude, you're a friggin ignorant..Why would he toss emotions out of it, he's not a robot doing community work.....He's doing it all because he feels good about it, once this happened, he stopped feeling good and he stopped developing..

I know you you don't care about this project, besides, if you read everything you would know that I don't even own Wii, and I don't care about this at all...I care about how people act, and it pisses me off..

Are you a part of scene, or even community....For now, here, you have no respect from other members, because you have to earn it..Others who, think as I do, are active members here, they probably know how this works!!

On the other hand, I can't see that you or referencer see what is this about.......You say that this guy must finish loader?
Why?

1) Learn the proper usage of the word 'ignorant'.

2) I'm not saying he's a robot, I'm simply looking at this from a logical perspective, as I have stated many times. Emotions should not weigh this heavily on the release of this project, or rather, on his decision concerning the leak. If they do, then honestly, Waninkoko has some personal problems that he needs to work on. A leak should not make you "not feel good" about it. I mean, the work is still there. Nothing has changed. It's still your work and there are still plenty of people who will appreciate it.

3) I don't need to be a part of the scene, or community, to have even the -basic- understanding that people exist that appreciate Waninkoko's work, and not in a YAY FREE HAX way, in a "Man, thank you so much for this, you are a god of the scene" fashion. These are the people that he needs to think about, instead of being whiny and childish.

4) I say he should finish it for two reasons: 1: His reason for abandoning it is infantile. And 2, perhaps the most important one: He's already invested so much time into it. If he doesn't finish it, then it's like all the time he's already spent on it is a complete waste. Now, maybe it's just me because I extremely value my free time, but I would never abandon a project period because of this reason alone. I absolutely hate to waste time.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitoshura said:
Brian117 said:

WHICH IS IT?!

Trolling is simply when a member joins a site and just flames everyone with offtopic shit.

And next time, try figuring out your own backups instead of stealing mine and using my special leet.

And the 5 posts give away your trolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, not for snes either +1