Help USB Loader GX not showing recently added games

fleeisme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Wii modded since the days of using the Brawl exploit, but I recently remodded it with all of the modern techniques and verified everything. I have USB Loader GX and Nintendont on the SD card and 80+ games on an external USB HDD and everything was working perfectly. I add Wii games to the drive using Wii Backup Manager, and GameCube games added with GameCube Backup Manager, but recently, all of the GC games I add are not showing up in USB Loader GX, they do, however all show up if I load into Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel. It was really convenient having them all in USB Loader GX, and the covers and stuff just looked nice, and the settings were saved and per game, all that good stuff. I was just wondering if anyone knows why it would suddenly stop showing only game I recently added to the drive. I've tried deleting and re-installing USB Loader GX, and messing with the HDD, nothing seems to work, it's behaving like I hit a limit of games, I don't know if renaming or deleting a game folder in the "games" folder could have effected the way the filesystem sees files. Just shooting in the dark here. Thanks in advance.

TLDR: Games added before a few days ago all show up, Wii and GC, but any GC games added more recently are no longer showing up.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would check the drive for errors with your pc then load gx loader and choose reload sd its the sd card icon if that does not work then maybe yor hdd is failing.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I add Wii games to the drive using Wii Backup Manager, and GameCube games added with GameCube Backup Manager,
Is that a thing? All these years I've been Copy-Paste my games from laptop to HDD and everything works fine, but whatever.

I was just wondering if anyone knows why it would suddenly stop showing only game I recently added to the drive.
If I'm not mistaken... there's a "Titles" file in USB LOADER folder, and it reads your titles from there. If they're not appearing, I'd suggest to add the title's Name + ID in that file.
Might be wrong though, I'm not a fan of GX so I'm not sure about this.

it's behaving like I hit a limit of games, I don't know if renaming or deleting a game folder in the "games" folder could have effected the way the filesystem sees files. Just shooting in the dark here
No, that shouldn't affect GX at all.
All my Gamecube ISOs + Wii WBFs are showing just fine in both GX and CFG for me.
Deleting a file from the "games" folder ... I assume it was a GameCube game, and too shouldn't affect your GX.

Last plausible solution might be deleting all your config/settings related files (MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE) and see if that fixes your issue. If not, simply put them back.

And tge cery last option I would try if this isn't working, is to completely reformat the HDD making sure it's a 1 partition FAT32 with 32k cluster size and MBR boot sector... or... a less drastic solution... use CFG USB Loader instead.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've had my Wii modded since the days of using the Brawl exploit, but I recently remodded it with all of the modern techniques and verified everything. I have USB Loader GX and Nintendont on the SD card and 80+ games on an external USB HDD and everything was working perfectly. I add Wii games to the drive using Wii Backup Manager, and GameCube games added with GameCube Backup Manager, but recently, all of the GC games I add are not showing up in USB Loader GX, they do, however all show up if I load into Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel. It was really convenient having them all in USB Loader GX, and the covers and stuff just looked nice, and the settings were saved and per game, all that good stuff. I was just wondering if anyone knows why it would suddenly stop showing only game I recently added to the drive. I've tried deleting and re-installing USB Loader GX, and messing with the HDD, nothing seems to work, it's behaving like I hit a limit of games, I don't know if renaming or deleting a game folder in the "games" folder could have effected the way the filesystem sees files. Just shooting in the dark here. Thanks in advance.

TLDR: Games added before a few days ago all show up, Wii and GC, but any GC games added more recently are no longer showing up.
Good morning,

on the GX menu (4th icon at the top of the menu), have you checked Wii and Gamecube games? , to bring up the games.

668693sam4710.jpg

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs