All Wii backup loader/Waninkoko discussion goes here.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TrolleyDave said:
referencer said:
TrolleyDave said:
Git off my lawn, you demn kids! I SAID GIT! Why, back in my day...
There's no doubt that a lot of the people posting here are mad at him because they won't be able to pirate games now. The issue still stands, though, that he decided to punish a very large group of people for something they had absolutely no part in, and a lot of people are letting that go by because "oh he's Waninkoko."

By declaring that he's punishing people your inferring that people have some kind of undeniable right to the software. Can you explain to me what that right is?

How many here have helped him develop the tool? How many here have helped him test the tool? Those people have the rights to ask for a copy of the tool, anyone else is just whining because they aren't being allowed to have something they never should have known about to begin with. If some adulation seeking hanger-on hadn't have released info about the tool would you have even known about it?

I don't get why the new generation of romsite/ed2k/torrent/usegroup based software theives believes that hackers/crackers/phreakers/scene members owe them something.
Exactly what I was asking?
Why do you think you have the right on this software, or at that matter anyone?!
You complaint about people letting it go, what should they do? Fight for it?!

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Hitoshura said:
TrolleyDave said:
Hitoshura said:
This is stupid. This is not a flame, this is a wakeup call, and I hope Waninkoko happens to read this exact post.

Grow up. Seriously. Your shit was leaked, who cares? Yes, there are some people who don't appreciate your work, but there are many, many others who do, as is evidenced by this thread. But seriously, what does your stuff getting leaked affect? Absolutely nothing? Correct. I'm tired of indie devs/hackers getting all butthurt because their shit gets leaked and then screw over the people who are actually supporting them. It's stupid, it's EXTREMELY childish, and you are an asshole by doing it. Think of the people who do appreciate your work. Take a long, hard look at this situation. What has the leak changed? Nothing, or at least that's the way it should be.

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee.

Don't you think it's just as childish for people to stamp their feet and have tantrums because they're not getting their own way?

Who is throwing a tantrum? Honestly, I don't even care about this release, so you can try and reread my post without a bias and try to properly comprehend it this time.

I'm just tired of indie devs going off the deep end and getting all pouty because BAWWWWWW MY BETA WAS LEAKED.

But this is possibly because I am one of those "nonexistant" types that tends to congratulate the devs when they do something good and sometimes donates.
mad.gif

dude did u ever tried to make a homebrew urself?
is not a piece of cake to develop something like that!!
think about what will happen if the wii loader beta (leaked) had some major errors which brick the console!
hate2.gif

Phaethon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-toolz.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hitoshura said:
This is stupid. This is not a flame, this is a wakeup call, and I hope Waninkoko happens to read this exact post.

Grow up. Seriously. Your shit was leaked, who cares? Yes, there are some people who don't appreciate your work, but there are many, many others who do, as is evidenced by this thread. But seriously, what does your stuff getting leaked affect? Absolutely nothing? Correct. I'm tired of indie devs/hackers getting all butthurt because their shit gets leaked and then screw over the people who are actually supporting them. It's stupid, it's EXTREMELY childish, and you are an asshole by doing it. Think of the people who do appreciate your work. Take a long, hard look at this situation. What has the leak changed? Nothing, or at least that's the way it should be.

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee.

Thats exactly my saying. We at Wii Toolz won´t remove the download. And this stupid sayings like "uh, do it out of respect", come on, who cares and who really has respect in this times and at a location like the internet? As Hito says, the "leak" has changed nothing. It was a open secret that such a thing has been coded and now? What has changed in his work? At his desk? Nothing. OK, its ok, when he now does it in secret, but to say "the project has cancelled" is a liitle bit to easy and childish. Btw sorry for my absolutly bad english.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, listen to Toni and Dave.

How would you feel if someone took your hard work and dumped it onto the internet without your permission?

Right now, all I see is a bunch of kids who are upset that they cannot get their own way. The loader is not yours. You have no right to it and the author can stop working on it anytime he damn well pleases.

Please don't reply to this post with your twisted reasoning to why it should be released or why he should keep working on the loader. Also, stop flaming the guy. He's done alot for the Wii Community.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:

How would you feel if someone took your hard work and dumped it onto the internet without your permission?

Right now, all I see is a bunch of kids who are upset that they cannot get their own way. The loader is not yours. You have no right to it and the author can stop working on it anytime he damn well pleases.

He speaks truth!!!

by the way OMG ur post count is 888 TOTALY AWESOME

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:

say that again.... erm.. that happens all the time and no-one cries for the game devs or ms's new OS?

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Exactly what I was asking?
Why do you think you have the right on this software, or at that matter anyone?!
You complaint about people letting it go, what should they do? Fight for it?!

referencer said:
I'm coming at this from the assumption that he started the hype or went along with it after it was started. He doesn't owe anyone anything until he promises it to them, but if he was participating in the buildup and answering questions about it and such, then he was effectively promising it to the community. If he wasn't, and intended to keep the entire thing under wraps until release, then his reaction is much more understandable, and the primary fault is on those who started hyping it up.
Once you promise someone something, you have an obligation to deliver on that promise. The person you promised it to gains a "right" to demand of you what you promised. By not giving it to them because they did something you didn't like, you're punishing them. (Except in this case those promised never actually did anything.)

DarkRey said:
think about what will happen if the wii loader beta (leaked) had some major errors which brick the console!
hate2.gif
Then... someone will get their Wii bricked for using leaked, untested software? I don't really see how having your software leaked changes anything at all about the finished product.

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 04:46 PM)
Granted that I was going to release it there in the first place, not very bad. Hell, it would save me some bandwidth.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JKR Firefox said:

Please don't reply to this post with your twisted reasoning to why it should be released or why he should keep working on the loader. Also, stop flaming the guy. He's done alot for the Wii Community.

Just added that but yeah.

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
mad.gif

dude did u ever tried to make a homebrew urself?
is not a piece of cake to develop something like that!!
hate2.gif

No, I haven't, but you know what? Even if I did, I honestly wouldn't care. Why? Because it's software for the COMMUNITY, not some elite clique of friends or something. It doesn't matter how much hard work was put into it, the leak does not invalidate his work or anything like that. And as for the bricking, then that's the risk the installer takes. Besides, if it were my console I bricked, then I would actually send him detailed feedback on it, and not go OMGWTF DUDE YOUR SHIT BRICKED MY WII!!!!111

And for the emails he would get like that, there's always the junk box for a reason.

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 11:46 AM) Guys, listen to Toni and Dave.

Again, I wouldn't care, because it DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Come on people, logic and rationality. We humans were meant to USE this ability of rational thought.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
referencer said:
Once you promise someone something, you have an obligation to deliver on that promise. The person you promised it to gains a "right" to demand of you what you promised. By not giving it to them because they did something you didn't like, you're punishing them. (Except in this case those promised never actually did anything.)

So he promised this app to you? That's funny cos I'm pretty sure it's an unauthorized leak of a beta, meaning the orignal author didn't release it. The news came from an unofficial source as far as I'm aware. So if anyone's going to have a pop at someone it should be at the one who leaked it, becuase essentially isn't HE the one who promised you it?

QUOTE(Hitoshura @ Sep 20 2008, 04:55 PM) No, I haven't, but you know what? Even if I did, I honestly wouldn't care. Why? Because it's software for the COMMUNITY, not some elite clique of friends or something. It doesn't matter how much hard work was put into it, the leak does not invalidate his work or anything like that. And as for the bricking, then that's the risk the installer takes. Besides, if it were my console I bricked, then I would actually send him detailed feedback on it, and not go OMGWTF DUDE YOUR SHIT BRICKED MY WII!!!!111

And for the emails he would get like that, there's always the junk box for a reason.

Actually stuff like this is for the scene usually, some ego seeking hanger on usually releases it from the scene to the community. There's a whole world of difference between the scene and the community.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
referencer, just stop.

Stop whining for the loader. It's done. I am tired of people trying to give reasons as to why Wanin is doing wrong but really it's all about pride. Put yourself in his shoes. His work was leaked without his permission. I don't care about all of your arguements about why he should release it and keep working on it and why he's a liar and he promised us bla bla blahhh

Enough is enough. It's done and over with.

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Actually stuff like this is for the scene usually, some ego seeking hanger on usually releases it from the scene to the community. There's a whole world of difference between the scene and the community.

That doesn't change the fact that there are people who appreciate his work, and it's a dick move on his part to dick them over.

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 12:02 PM) referencer, just stop.

Stop whining for the loader. It's done. I am tired of people trying to give reasons as to why Wanin is doing wrong but really it's all about pride. Put yourself in his shoes. His work was leaked without his permission. I don't care about all of your arguements about why he should release it and keep working on it and why he's a liar and he promised us bla bla blahhh

Hahaha, what? Seems to me that this is a terrible exclamation of "I don't really have anything important to retort with so IT'S OVER."

It isn't over until there's an actual conclusion to this whole mess, nothing you have to say about it is going to stop it, so I would suggest that unless you have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, you stay out of it.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
So he promised this app to you? That's funny cos I'm pretty sure it's an unauthorized leak of a beta, meaning the orignal author didn't release it. The news came from an unofficial source as far as I'm aware. So if anyone's going to have a pop at someone it should be at the one who leaked it, becuase essentially isn't HE the one who promised you it?
I keep asking this, but no one seems to want to answer: Did he participate at all in the buildup? If he did, he was effectively promising it.

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 05:02 PM) referencer, just stop.

I don't care about the loader, as I've stated. I'm here to point out the fact that he's being childish about this and people are glossing over that because he's helped the community before.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you whoever leaked this!! And I'm not thankful for the obvious reason. I have a mod chip, so I don't care about some convoluted way of getting ISOs to run. I'm thankful because Waninkoko has stopped development on this VERY dangerous piece of software. And honestly, how could he possibly fathom that something like this wouldn't be leaked? Whatever, it doesn't matter. The genius who leaked it has saved us all (for a little while).

If this came out a year ago, then perhaps I would be more jovial, but this is absolutely the worst time for a backup loader to be released. Nintendo has now chip-proofed their newest mobos and I'm sure homebrew will be as good as dead within the next couple months. Were this to actually get out and work (well) it would force Nintendo's hand and only hurt us all in the end.

Is it really worth it to destroy the entire homebrew community so you can say you created this? Or so a bunch of cheap, spineless n00bs can play all their games for free? Modchips aren't expensive and they are very easy to install. There is no reason for something like this to have ever been in beta, let alone leaked. People like Waninkoko really have to get over their swollen sense of pride and start thinking about the consequences of their actions, not how they can make themselves feel ub3r 1337.

Flame me all you want, but it is not debatable that this would (and likely still will) be a much larger blow to the homebrew community than a blessing. Understandably, it sucks that his work got leaked, but think about what would have happened were this to get out of beta.

EDIT: How about everyone stops trying to bitch everyone else out? Hmm? Everyone is going to have their opinions and you wasting space in the thread is certainly not going to change anyone's mind. So why not use that energy for something more productive?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hitoshura said:
That doesn't change the fact that there are people who appreciate his work, and it's a dick move on his part to dick them over.

Hahaha, what? Seems to me that this is a terrible exclamation of "I don't really have anything important to retort with so IT'S OVER."

It isn't over until there's an actual conclusion to this whole mess, nothing you have to say about it is going to stop it, so I would suggest that unless you have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, you stay out of it.
WTF man.....dick them over....THE GUY DIDN'T PROMISE ANYTHING..It's his own free will and choice to make this and release it..
referencer, did he promised it to you? It's not a promise if he's talking about it, and answering the questions..If I come to a car store and start talking with the salesman, asking him questions it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a car!!

And as Trolley said it, scene isn't the community....To be a part of the scene, you must DO something for the scene!

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not complaining because I know that
I still playing Super Mario Bros. FOR FREE
That 's enough for me but
Some of you are going like you deliver a pizza and then STOP BOOOO!!!
Well what if that one person stole part of that pizza , dropped it on the floor, AND THEN GAVE IT TO EVERYONE!!!
That's what you should thinking

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hitoshura said:
TrolleyDave said:

QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 12:02 PM) referencer, just stop.

Who was I to direct a retort to?

No one was speaking to me. Are you confused?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hitoshura said:
TrolleyDave said:

It's not a dick move at all, you just see it that way because your concern is that you're not going to get something for nothing that allows you to get something for nothing. It was a dick move for the whoever it was to release his beta, without permission, to the gaming community. This is a developer saying "It was never meant for you guys anyway, it was supposed be a scene secret. Now it's out to the public I'm stopping" and to be honest, scene developers have every right to do it. They have more right to stop working on it then you have to own it at the very least.

QUOTE said:
QUOTE(JKR Firefox @ Sep 20 2008, 12:02 PM)
referencer, just stop.

It's over. He's said he's stopping work on it. You just don't see it as over because you believe that if you push, scream and bully enough he might change his mind and release it to the community. Plus I think JKRs post was of more substance then yours and found his reply actually added quite alot of intelligence to the thread.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
referencer said:
I don't care about the loader, as I've stated. I'm here to point out the fact that he's being childish about this and people are glossing over that because he's helped the community before.

He
is NOT being childish. It is HIS loader which HE made with HIS time and energy. HE was doing the scene a service and someone betrayed HIM. So, HE has the right to do whatever HE wants to do with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    Hi gbatemp
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, welcome
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    thank you
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm kinda new here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Xbox ditched the all digital trash can
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, so what brings you here?
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I originally came here to get themes for my vWii, but I got distracted by these chatrooms
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    so I made an account
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, here im mostly active in the chat btw
    +1
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm probably gonna stay here as well
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Coming back to my house in 30 min
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Concept: pinocchio but instead of his nose growing, everything BUT his nose grows
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    everything else you say?
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Except that.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would do anything for love, but I won't do that? Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each time psi lies his penis does in fact get bigger
    +1
    Lol damn so that's why it's tiny... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks pretty massive to me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks don't matter, you gotta sample the product first
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it didn't then why won't your wife leave my place
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    rick james- Cocaine is a hella of a drug
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh for real tho, tell her to get food on her way home, I feel like cheeseburgers tonight
    +1
    Tried to get McDonald's on the way home app glitched lol
    Now I'm like ughh what to eat....
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now I'm like ughh what to eat....