ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

CrAzY_AAI2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made this account just to post this. I tried to apply the patch, firstly it was still AP protected. Then i tried again and cant even launch the game. (also the ap patch on the bottom doenst work.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I made this account just to post this. I tried to apply the patch, firstly it was still AP protected. Then i tried again and cant even launch the game. (also the ap patch on the bottom doenst work.)
Was playing on a ds r4 btw.

CrAzY_AAI2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was playing on a ds r4 btw.
Any fix for this?

CrAzY_AAI2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got no clue how to fix it, but I'm encountering this issue as well. Whenever I try to apply the patch on the bottom I get an error message.
I found out the problem but dont know how to fix it, the patch is for final release V1 but the download is final release v2

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
There was so many R4 flashcards out there that it's impossible to say which one you have.
No, don't post an image, it's useless because there are even cards that look the same with different firmwares.
Anyway the most "updated" flashcards should work without the AP patch.
I never posted the AP patch for the V2 because by that time most cards already had updated and fixed the AP protection of the game.
So try to see if you can update your flashcard or if you can install the Wood firmware on it.

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was so many R4 flashcards out there that it's impossible to say which one you have.
No, don't post an image, it's useless because there are even cards that look the same with different firmwares.
Anyway the most "updated" flashcards should work without the AP patch.
I never posted the AP patch for the V2 because by that time most cards already had updated and fixed the AP protection of the game.
So try to see if you can update your flashcard or if you can install the Wood firmware on it.
Trying to run this on dsimenu++ and the nds-bootstrap compatibility lists says that an AP patch is required, which would imply that somebody who tested it got it working. Since I can't really update the firmware for dsimenu++ is there any chance the v2 version is available somewhere, or could be made available? Thanks.

thechars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Final V2 running smoothly in dsimenu++ with the latest nds-bootstrap (0.10.1) but all of the text is garbage:
IMG_0200.JPG
Not sure if an AP patch would be needed to fix the text or if it's an issue with nds-bootstrap

Also the ARM9 CPU speed had to be set to 67mhz other I would just get the following which I'm pretty certain is AP getting triggered:
IMG_0201.JPG

Last edited by thechars,

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Final V2 running smoothly in dsimenu++ with the latest nds-bootstrap (0.10.1) but all of the text is garbage:
View attachment 134992
Not sure if an AP patch would be needed to fix the text or if it's an issue with nds-bootstrap

Also the ARM9 CPU speed had to be set to 67mhz other I would just get the following which I'm pretty certain is AP getting triggered:
View attachment 134993
The "garbage" text is the AP for this game. It's supposed to be entirely in Borginian but some of the characters fail to print correctly. Either way we need a patch for the game or an update to nds-bootstrap.

thechars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it working now with help from the TWL mode hacking discord
I used the DS scene rom tool to apply the AP patch on a fresh version of the game and then applied the Final V2 patch on the ap-patched rom
I had to disable checksumming for xdelta to allow the FinalV2 patch
IMG_0202.JPG

Reactions: Zeriben

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it working now with help from the TWL mode hacking discord
I used the DS scene rom tool to apply the AP patch on a fresh version of the game and then applied the Final V2 patch on the ap-patched rom
I had to disable checksumming for xdelta to allow the FinalV2 patch
View attachment 135012
Got it working as above, although it was a complete pain. Had to download xdelta3 to get the command line to work in order to disable the checksum requirement. For those looking for more in depth steps:
1. Download DSSRT https://gbatemp.net/threads/repack-...ild-1215-includes-cmp-and-ap-database.477193/
2. Open DSSRT, File > Open File > Select Clean GK2 ROM.
3. Export (Make sure "Apply AP Patch" is checked) > Export ROM
4. Download xdelta3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdelta3-gui/
5. Make sure xdelta3.exe is in the same directory as the translation patch .xdelta, and the ROM you just exported.
6. Open Command Prompt and cd into the above directory (e.g. cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop)
7. Now type: xdelta3.exe -d -n -vfs "ROM.nds" "PATCH.xdelta" "EXPORT.nds"
replacing ROM, PATCH, and EXPORT with the names of the exported ROM, the patch, and what you want the new ROM to be called respectively.

If somebody has simpler steps, feel free to post them. This is just what I got to work for me.

Last edited by darkrai87,

ChiztheBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I tried running the patched ROM on a 3DS with CFW using NDSBootstrap and DSiMenu++ and the patch DID translate it to English but did NOT bypass all of the AP measures. The game loads and plays fine but all in game text is replaced by garbled text, not Borginian, but still garbled text. My guess is that the 3DS runs a different check for piracy which this patch fails, although emu's like DesMuMe pass the AP test. Anyone have a fix or feedback for this?

zharshoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just to say thanks to Darkrai for showing how to get this to work

On an extra note for people like me that are relatively computer illiterate compared to you guys
on step 6 hold shift while right clicking to open a command window in the folder with the 3 files.
Also you need the patch that matches up with the specific patching tool, you can't use the beat one with the xdelta one if someone else is trying that.
It took me a while to figure that out.
I learn a little more everyday just so I can play otherwise inaccessible games.

Thanks again to you and the people that made the patches in the first place.

alisande

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna second zharzhoul here, thank you so much for the instructions darkrai! I'm so happy I finally get to play this game on DS. Also shoutout to the OP, who not only made this possible in the first place but also offered assistance even though the thread is 4 years old.

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit into Case 2 and text that should be blue isn't blue anymore. It only happens with inner monologues. I can't get it to go away, even if I reload the save, and I haven't seen this bug mentioned ANYWHERE in this whole thread. Restarting the chapter fixed it, but I don't know what caused it and I'm afraid it might crop up again.

I'm playing on a Supercard DSTWO and a New 3DS XL, if that helps...
20180725_200110.jpg

EDIT: It happened again. This time, Edgeworth's mouth continued to move as if he was talking out loud instead of in his head. Eventually it went back to normal, but it's still a little annoying and I don't get why I seem to be the only one to get this issue.

EDIT 2: Another glitch. The intro for Case 3 has a loud screeching static noise after you hear "Piece of Cake" that continues for several seconds. I'm starting to think I have a bad dump...

Last edited by BlazeHeatnix,

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit into Case 2 and text that should be blue isn't blue anymore. It only happens with inner monologues. I can't get it to go away, even if I reload the save, and I haven't seen this bug mentioned ANYWHERE in this whole thread. Restarting the chapter fixed it, but I don't know what caused it and I'm afraid it might crop up again.

I'm playing on a Supercard DSTWO and a New 3DS XL, if that helps...
20180725_200110.jpg

EDIT: It happened again. This time, Edgeworth's mouth continued to move as if he was talking out loud instead of in his head. Eventually it went back to normal, but it's still a little annoying and I don't get why I seem to be the only one to get this issue.

EDIT 2: Another glitch. The intro for Case 3 has a loud screeching static noise after you hear "Piece of Cake" that continues for several seconds. I'm starting to think I have a bad dump...
Audio glitch is pretty well known, seemingly random and not sure that there's a fix; can happen on emulator, flashcart, etc.

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't have any trouble getting it working on Acekard 2i, and that same file also worked great on Wii U. Now to see if my Wii U save can be used in DSiMenu++
For those looking for more in depth steps:
Oddly enough, I could have sworn I already did all this when I put it on my old Acekard, but my game froze on the title screen in DSiMenu++. Thanks for posting these steps so I could get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might be messy but the flavor is worth the goo lol