ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad that you're doing well, Auryn

Well, was wondering if anyone else was having the problem where text was basically garbled launching the game from TwilightMenu, seeing as all my DS flash carts are dead, and basically down to that as my only way to play. The link for endcrypt provided in the OP just leads to a "server not found" error. :(

Last edited by codezer0,

1c155623f3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if any of the team will still read this, but this is absolutely amazing. There's no words to describe such amazing work. I just played through the game, and with it I've played all the AA games for the DS. Thank you.

Reactions: Auryn

bastedkani

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
So I tried to extract the sound file from the patched ROM but after extracting them and looking through them thoroughly I've only managed to find only 4.
Is there a reason why some of the voicelines were missing? Or was I looking at the wrong place?

diremoth11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the um, link still goes to filetrip.
what i mean is when i click the "new link" it sends me to a download part of gbatemp. i then click the download button and it sends me to filetrip
pls help

Last edited by diremoth11,

bobiflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I know the game is now 10 years old but I just finished it thanks to the patch you all worked on and I'm very happy I got this chance. I just wanted to thank you for the work you achieved, and for its quality and the time you took to do this all. It's not just a translation to make the game playable, it's a subtil and relevant piece of work where nothing is left to chance : we find back the characters we know and the way they talk, the puns and expressions we were familiar with, the names of the characters that always mean something. There is also a huge work on the graphic part and everything is done so well we don't even remark that it isn't translated in the original game (special mention to Nicole Swift's parka and all the derived brand names on it). And you even cast the voices of the new characters, that's amazing, it took me time to notice this couldn't be in the original game either !

I'm glad I could have played this game, this was the only chance to do it, so I just wanted to say a big thank you to the whole team that worked on it !

Just a little feedback of my experience with the patch and an old linker (if it can help someone). The game was starting on my linker, but as many people had the same problem, the piracy protection made it ununderstandable. I tried patching the game with beat and xdelta, but the results were the same. I tried to remove the anti-piracy stuff on both patched games with DS-Scene Rom Tool v1.0 but it didin't work, and I also tried to modify the code of the game as it is explained in page 1 but it didn't work because in both patched games, the line 0x000049F8 didn't exist.
So I finally managed to make it work this way :
1. Find the original game
2. First, remove the anti-piracy stuff with DS-Scene Rom Tool v1.0
3. Patch it with beat : the program says it didn't work but it actually worked (it really didn't work with the xdelta patch)
4. Enjoy

Last edited by bobiflex,

thoughtdusk

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi, I am currently playing this on the Drastic emulator on ArkOS and can't seem to get the microphone to work. (I tried mapping the fake microphone and using a pair of earphones with a mic, both seem to fail)

Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Reactions: AamitMorthos

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a guide that can help me get the game running on my mac book with the English patch?
If you want to play the game on a mac, then you need to get a mac-compatible 3DS emulator running on which you'd run a legally-dumped patched ROM. The ROM patching instructions are already on the main thread, for a mac 3DS emulator better to check other parts of the forum dealing with that topic.

FirePlant

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently playing it and experiencing a really odd issue. If I examine any evidence in 3d and examine a part of it all of the blue "thought" brackets break and display as regular text instead, and I don't think the animations for them work properly either. I tried looking for information but I couldn't find anything on this.

EDIT: It seems like this issue only occurs if you examine the prosecutors badge. Trying other objects don't seem to break the game. If anyone found this looking for a solution just reset the chapter and don't examine the prosecutors badge and it'll be fine.

Last edited by FirePlant,
Reactions: CoolMe

FirePlant

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having just finished it, even though the group that made it have probably moved on after so long that was probably one of the best fan translations I've ever seen. The amount of effort that went into it even going as far as insert english text is ridiculously impressive for a fan translation.

SrBurro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you will, results that we are making a traduction of the game in Spanish, there was already a team that was dedicated to translating the game, however, they left the project when only 3 chapters were transated, so we plan o finish their job.

Neverthless, although we already have managed to modify some fies and images, we are nos able to edit the texts, so I aks for help, and if anyone can hep us we will so grateful. :)
Post automatically merged:

Hi, you will, results that we are making a traduction of the game in Spanish, there was already a team that was dedicated to translating the game, however, they left the project when only 3 chapters were transated, so we plan o finish their job.

Neverthless, although we already have managed to modify some fies and images, we are nos able to edit the texts, so I aks for help, and if anyone can hep us we will so grateful. :)

Last edited by SrBurro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch