Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't bother downloading or checking anything else, but if that's what you found in the log.txt file, this whole thing is a joke.

Fuck Google translate. Here's what it really says:

=================================================================
?????????????????????????????
So, playing games on Valentine's Day? You nerds (here he literally says ????, "bad with the ladies") are weird.

???????????????????????????
I received some chocolate at school. What about you?

??CFW?????Mad-001??????????????
Huh? CFW? What's that? Mad-001? It's impossible.

????????????????????????????
Forgive me, I just wanted to give you guys something to dream about on your lonely Valentine's Day.

????????????????????????
For those who fell for this, look forward to next time

A lot of Japanese people are commenting on his blog saying that because of this, his credibility will be tainted. Others are still cheering him on and hoping for a hack.

So there's nothing to get excited about.

As for me, I'm going to get some good lovin' from my girl this weekend
smileipb2.png
I'll take that over a 6.20 CFW any day.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
I didn't bother downloading or checking anything else, but if that's what you found in the log.txt file, this whole thing is a joke.

Fuck Google translate. Here's what it really says:

?????????????????????????????
So, playing games on Valentine's Day? You nerds (here he literally says ????, "bad with the ladies") are weird.

???????????????????????????
I received some chocolate at school. What about you?

??CFW?????Mad-001??????????????
Huh? CFW? What's that? Mad-001? It's impossible.

????????????????????????????
Forgive me, I just wanted to give you guys something to dream about on your lonely Valentine's Day.

????????????????????????
For those who fell for this, look forward to next time

A lot of Japanese people are commenting on his blog saying that because of this, his credibility will be tainted. Others are still cheering him on and hoping for a hack.

So there's nothing to get excited about.

As for me, I'm going to get some good lovin' from my girl this weekend
smileipb2.png
I'll take that over a 6.20 CFW any day.
Edit: valentines day joke. lol.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So, whoever got this to install and crash God Eater how do you get it to install? Following the steps alright, but it's always corrupted data.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If this is fake, how did dirty_harry get God Eater and Birth by Sleep working?
Maybe they just put that in their to spark us up and see our reaction;
If God Eater and BBS are working then I would hardly call this fake, maybe there will be some more news tommorow on Valentine's Day?
Could all be a joke but could also be the real deal.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
dib said:
So you mean I can trade my working PSP firmware that plays tons of awesome stuff like SNES and SEGA for a half finished one that is full of bugs and only plays some crappy Disney game I don't care about and isn't even in english? WOW WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

+1

dirty_harry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think this may begin a trend of inexperienced teams releasing very half-assed CFW. It's ok, the only titles we cant run are 2 Japanese games, both of which don't interest me personally. Tomorrow is the promised day, lets see what they do...

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Vote for close thread before anyone else falls for this as well.
We don't actually know whether this is fake or not, apparently the makers are claiming that the guy who leaked the BETA put the stuff in there;
All's we can really do is wait for tommorow, the initial release date.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Maz7006 said:
Vote for close thread before anyone else falls for this as well.
We don't actually know whether this is fake or not, apparently the makers are claiming that the guy who leaked the BETA put the stuff in there;
All's we can really do is wait for tommorow, the initial release date.

Yes. You do have a point here

But what im asking myself is why not some other repectable team, or at least a KNOWN one such as GEN, not say or at least had a break through with 6.20 CFW already

I mean dnt get me wrong, i hope this is true, but really fishy.

You know it is somewhat like the PS3, when every know and then we saw people claiming they have mod chips and such blah blah blah.

dirty_harry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they don't release anything new tomorrow, we can close this up and sit tight for something from GEN, who don't want to release 6.20 CFW because "homebrew has to be remade for 6.20, and If there is no homebrew then we wont make a new CFW". Stupidest thing I ever heard. If you don't release new CFW, how can there be homebrew made for it? That's like Microsoft saying "hey you guys make software for windows 8 before we even start or we wont release it."

Sigh, this situation could be a lot worse than it is right now, luckily most games are still working on 5.50 GEN (SOCOM 3 for example).

On a side note, I don't see how the author of this MAD CFW could fix all those issues in 2 days. The firmware is severely buggy, and at it's current state isn't even worth trying. I can't justify trading the entire PSP library along with the homebrew for a game that I don't even care about.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dirty_harry said:
If they don't release anything new tomorrow, we can close this up and sit tight for something from GEN, who don't want to release 6.20 CFW because "homebrew has to be remade for 6.20, and If there is no homebrew then we wont make a new CFW". Stupidest thing I ever heard. If you don't release new CFW, how can there be homebrew made for it? That's like Microsoft saying "hey you guys make software for windows 8 before we even start or we wont release it."

Sigh, this situation could be a lot worse than it is right now, luckily most games are still working on 5.50 GEN (SOCOM 3 for example).

My point is we shouldn't be all happy about this until tomorrow, but just ask youself how many times has this usually happened and in the end it turns out to be complete bull shit.

Anyway, like i said, im hoping this is real, and i didn't intend anything with the GEN business. Yeah its sort of messed up how they didn't or want to make their CFW, but i guess we can only wait till tomorrow.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I suppose we will have to wait and see, also, with no intention on hijacking the thread, do M33 patched games (For 5.55 and 6.00fw) wor on GEN? Or would I have to re-download the untouched ISO.

dirty_harry

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
I suppose we will have to wait and see, also, with no intention on hijacking the thread, do M33 patched games (For 5.55 and 6.00fw) wor on GEN? Or would I have to re-download the untouched ISO.

They work, usually the poster will say "all current FW". SOCOM3 doesn't work on M33, but there is a guy who posted a patched version that supposedly works. I don't know for sure, I'm using GEN D3 now. the M33 patched ones are decrypted ones, whereas the clean ones are decrypted by GEN. If it's already decrypted, GEN starts the ISO without decrypting. There may be exceptions.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dirty_harry said:
luke_c said:

They work, usually the poster will say "all current FW". SOCOM3 doesn't work on M33, but there is a guy who posted a patched version that supposedly works. I don't know for sure, I'm using GEN D3 now. the M33 patched ones are decrypted ones, whereas the clean ones are decrypted by GEN. If it's already decrypted, GEN starts the ISO without decrypting. There may be exceptions.
Oh, awesome, SOCOM was one of the reasons I was gonna update
tongue.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
dirty_harry said:
who don't want to release 6.20 CFW because "homebrew has to be remade for 6.20, and If there is no homebrew then we wont make a new CFW". Stupidest thing I ever heard.

That's not what they said. They don't want to release their 6.20 CFW because
A) Its still buggy and they're still improving it
B) They want to make a compatibility layer for 5.xx homebrew so that homebrew doesn't HAVE to be recoded.

You really want them to release a buggy, unfinished CFW? They've posted up the problems they've had with it here Its in English so read.

As for Mad-001. The kid shows SOME coding expertise and promise but I'm still sceptical and will be steering well clear until the PSP-1000 problems are cleared fully (I really should make a Pandora battery...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...