Problem running Plugins on 3.52 m33-4

UnlockerPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

So I need to test some plugins in 3.52. I had my fat psp in CFW 6.60 pro, downgraded to 1.5 and installed CFW 3.52 M33 and updated to M33-4.
I copied the plugin to ms0:/seplugins, placed the path in VSH.TXT (withouyt ' 1') activate them in custom recovery menu and they won't start.
To make sure that was not from the plugin (that couldn't be compatible with 3.52), I tried to run other plugins that I could find on web saying that they were compatible with 3.52 and NO GO also.
Also this could be a bug but when I format Memory Card in 3.52, seplugins folder isn't created.

Shouldn't 3.52 be able to run plugins? Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Here is the steps I take to downgrade/upgrade... maybe I broke something in CFW?

Downgrade to 1.5
1 - Copy Ultra Pandora Installer v4.C to Memory Card
2 - Run Ultra Pandora Installer v4.C
3 - Format Memory Stick (i have a 2GB Memory Card and only formating with this software I've been able to install Ipl without out of space error)
4 - Copy PSP Tool to ms0:/PSP/GAME
9 - Copy firmware 1.50 to ms0:/UPDATE.PBP (root of Memory Card)
5 - Run PSP Tool
6 - Select "IdStorage Options"
7 - Select "Backup IdStorage" (copy file to computer to backup)
8 - Go back
5 - Select "Memory Stick Options"
6 - Select "Create Magic Memory Stick"
7 - Select "1.50 Update Flasher (Original Pandora)"
Say yes to "Do you want to inject the Time Machine IPL now"
You can create a Pandora Battery (Serial set to 0xFFFFFFFF). Say yes or no, depending if you want to create battery now
Choose the key to boot Magic Memory Stick (I use left trigger)

Remove all power sources, hold the button(s) you configured, insert the battery and PSP will boot into a new menu
Backup your nand just to make sure if anything happens you can restore nand (Copy to computer)
Press X to downgrade using ms0:/UPDATE.PBP
After process is completed, remove Pandora Battery and turn on PSP
Go to "System Settings" and select "Restore Default Settings"
Run "KXploit Permanent Patcher"
Run "3.52 M33 Creator"
Run "3.52 M33UPDATE" and press X to update to CFW 3.52 M33
Run 3.52 M33-4 Updater (Doesn't have any name - icon has 3:33:33)

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I can think of is make sure you are on 3.XX kernel mode, was an option in recov menu iirc, that or your plugin path is wrong.

I'll be honest tho I don't understand why someone would use 3.52 at all
Like if you just wanted to use M33 for whatever reason then go to 5.00 since damn near everything was made for that.

UnlockerPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
thanks for your answer...
i want 3.52 to test some software with that version...
i will check what you said...
path should be seplugins?

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try setting the directory as "plugins" instead. Another solution would be to check and only type in your plugin paths WITHOUT a 1/0 at the end unlike on the newer CFW.

"ms0:/seplugins/prxshot/prxshot.prx" then enable it in recovery. When you alter the "vsh.txt" etc on old CFW you should disable and reenable each plugin manually to make sure they are updated and read properly.

If that doesn't work- there's a possibility you're using a plugin that just is not compatible. Some plugins are built with a certain range of firmwares in mind or even use modified parts that only exist on future firmware builds. You'd have to recompilke those plugins to match the firmware (if possible) by editting the source. That is simpler said than done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto