3DS Xl (old) have black screen with blue light and wifi led

ejron8205

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I took apart my 3ds just the back and cleaned the shoulder buttons and after that the console boots but no picture just black screen. I hear the home menu song with and without sd card. i can acces lume and godmode9 menus but they still have black screen. im running the latest in everything. i tried everything: removing the camera ribbon, removing the ir sensor, wifi card, nothing. i wanted to do ctr but i cant because godmode is just black screen. i need help

edit: i can get into recory mode (i guess) but still no picture

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can acces lume and godmode9 menus but they still have black screen.
What made you think you are accessing Luma3DS or GodMode9, if you can't see either of them?
All and all, sounds like a hardware issue.. If you can't get the screen to display anything then it's definitely the case.
Could be the backlight, if you're hearing sounds of the home menu and both the power & WiFi leds stay working..

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What made you think you are accessing Luma3DS or GodMode9, if you can't see either of them?
Just a guess: Booting to Home Menu when holding nothing → Sound. Holding (Select) → No sound
========
All and all, sounds like a hardware issue.. If you can't get the screen to display anything then it's definitely the case.
If the problem occurred after messing with the hardware… yeah. Hardware issue.

i tried everything: removing the camera ribbon, removing the ir sensor, wifi card, nothing. i wanted to do ctr but i cant because godmode is just black screen. i need help
Do not randomly disconnect stuff. The camera issue is exclusive to the new series with head tracking. WiFi card is 100% needed for a 3DS even to fully initialize the hardware. Nothing will work without. IR… no idea, but it shouldn't cause issues.

The shoulder buttons are easy to access without disconnecting anything else. So this is puzzling. Why should the problem occur when only messing with (L) and (R)? Even if those are missing, the 3DS will continue normally. Not essential hardware.

Reseat LCD ribbons.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a guess: Booting to Home Menu when holding nothing → Sound. Holding (Select) → No sound
I doubt that's how he knew..

If it's the backlight, i would suggest turning the system on in a very dim/dark room and see if you see anything on the display. if you see an image, then it's probably because of a blown (backlight) fuse.. Though i have no idea how that could have happened if the system was perfectly functional prior to the disassembly, and all you did was clean/reconnecting the shoulder buttons..

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same issues repairing old 3ds systems for a friend. either one of the screen ribbon cables are torn or not plugged in correctly (its painful to connect them properly because you still need to be careful). i believe the camera is fine since the old systems i think refuse to boot when there is no camera detected. might be the same with wifi chips or other "devices". i would suggest checking the connectors for both screens on the motherboard if something is loose and try to get the ribbon cable CAREFULLY deeper into the connector...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...