ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

PaulAldrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok feedback for the new beta that fixed the quality bug. New bug :P It no longer splits 3D videos into their halves the end result is just two separate components (left and right) with both left and right images showing.

OtakuD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, was just wondering how to get this to work? I have a side-by-side video (from youtube and another mkv downloaded) but when I convert it (selecting side-by-side), it seems to remain side by side which doesnt work on the 3DS.... Ideas?

Edit: I see the left.avi has pretty much the full video (side by side) + audio whilst the right one has nothing if that helps..
Which Version did you used?
And did you selected Side-By-Side in the options before dragging the Video onto the Converter?
Looks like you clicked on "Seperate" for me.
So far all Youtube Videos I converted worked for me.
Yup, as you can see I specifically said I selected side-by-side :) I used the one on the front page, 2.3 beta 2? Running Windows 7 x64, running the "DEUS EX HOMINE - San Francisco 3D Moco Time-lapse" video from youtube... Also running the app in administrator mode doesnt work at all so I cant do that to try and fix things. Thanks for the reply!

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok feedback for the new beta that fixed the quality bug. New bug :P It no longer splits 3D videos into their halves the end result is just two separate components (left and right) with both left and right images showing.
Hey guys, was just wondering how to get this to work? I have a side-by-side video (from youtube and another mkv downloaded) but when I convert it (selecting side-by-side), it seems to remain side by side which doesnt work on the 3DS.... Ideas?

Edit: I see the left.avi has pretty much the full video (side by side) + audio whilst the right one has nothing if that helps..
Which Version did you used?
And did you selected Side-By-Side in the options before dragging the Video onto the Converter?
Looks like you clicked on "Seperate" for me.
So far all Youtube Videos I converted worked for me.
Dammit, why can't just everything at hte same time work? Seems there will be a Beta 3...
Yup, as you can see I specifically said I selected side-by-side :) I used the one on the front page, 2.3 beta 2? Running Windows 7 x64, running the "DEUS EX HOMINE - San Francisco 3D Moco Time-lapse" video from youtube... Also running the app in administrator mode doesnt work at all so I cant do that to try and fix things. Thanks for the reply!
You know why I called the Beta a Beta? Because it has Bugs! Just use 2.2 and it should work fine...
To prevent further errors I changed the latest Version at Filetrip to 2.2

FilipeVianaFerre

Trophies
XP
Why does the converter doesn't support subtitles? When I converted my video, the substitles disappeared. Is there anything I can do to convert videos with this software and maintein the subtitles?

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why does the converter doesn't support subtitles? When I converted my video, the substitles disappeared. Is there anything I can do to convert videos with this software and maintein the subtitles?

Im guessing the subtitles are a file located with the video?
i remember .srt is a subtitle file extension
maybe if you embed the text into the video
so you can't even turn them off they are apart of the video
then it will convert it with the subtitles

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Subtitles are not supported because the 3DS doesn't support them and hardcoding them isn't possible with ffMPEG. If I want to have subtitles hardcoded into Videos I use Handbrake. Just go under Subtitles add the Language you want to include and select "Burned in".

BTW: 2.3 will need some time. Can't find the stupid error without producing new ones :S

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, not sure if it's already been asked but is it suppose to explode the file size?

my input video was a .mkv that was 25 minutes long at 40mb. The output was 182mb + 150mb + 61mb

settings:
FeZDU.png

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uhhh, not sure if it's already been asked but is it suppose to explode the file size?

my input video was a .mkv that was 25 minutes long at 40mb. The output was 182mb + 150mb + 61mb

settings:
FeZDU.png
MKV can contain better codecs and AVI isn't the best regarding the filesize. But you can try decreasing Quality by moving the Slider to the right.
BTW: 25 min .mkv with only 40MB? Seriously? o0

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nekusoul i have Coraline 3D heres the Info for the file

[FORMAT]:............ MP4
[GENRE]:............. Animation | Adventure | Family
[FILE SIZE]:......... 1.5GB
[RESOLUTION]:........ 1920*1038p
[ASPECT RATIO]:...... 1.85:1
[FRAME RATE]:........ 23.976 fps
[LANGUAGE ]:......... English
[SUBTITLES]:......... English (SRT File)
[RUNTIME]:........... 1h 40min
[SOURCE]:............ 1080p 3d
[3d]................. HSBS
so my question is, does your converter work for this? i want somewhat the same quality :D
soo yea xD allllso were to i put the file. thanks

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nekusoul i have Coraline 3D heres the Info for the file

so my question is, does your converter work for this? i want somewhat the same quality :D
soo yea xD allllso were to i put the file. thanks
I assume that HSBS means Side-By-Side, then it should work.
To add the Video just Drag the Video onto the converter. Then click on the Video and select 3D Side-by-Side. The quality standard Quality Settings should be OK. Then click convert. But you should know that you can't put the whole Video on a 2GB-SD.

@[member='ashxu']:
Really?!? The lowest Filesize I know from animes are around 150MB. But then you already have a quality that hurts your eyes. (240p) :blink:

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 16gb sd card, but i read that u have to have 10min videos or so. i would have to split the video up :|

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Really?!? The lowest Filesize I know from animes are around 150MB. But then you already have a quality that hurts your eyes. (240p) :blink:
The resolution is 640 x 368. That's still bigger than the 3DS's screen resolution I think so I didn't bother to go through the process of getting the 720p release and hardsubbing it. I just obtained an already compressed and downscaled version from a site I used to get my anime from when I had a small internet bandwidth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel