• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

oB1ken0bi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to take a New 3ds with 9.2 and transfer this to a New 3ds XL that is on 11.02?

hoping it is relatively easy, i bought a New 3ds with 9.2 thinking it was the XL on ebay. then thought maybe there is a way to push the 9.2 system onto a new store bought with 11.02.

thanks

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
is it possible to take a New 3ds with 9.2 and transfer this to a New 3ds XL that is on 11.02?

hoping it is relatively easy, i bought a New 3ds with 9.2 thinking it was the XL on ebay. then thought maybe there is a way to push the 9.2 system onto a new store bought with 11.02.

thanks
Your best choice is to hack your 9.2 console and buy a dsiware game to do a dsiware downgrade on the 11.2 console.
More info 3ds.guide

Reactions: oB1ken0bi

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try using JKSM to delete the secure value. are you using custom firmware or basic homebrew?
Okay, I am using a CFW (whenever I go to the system settings, on the bottom right corner of the top screen it says "Sys 11.2.0-35U" so I'm pretty sure that means it's a CFW). But I have no idea what any of the first part of your post means

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Okay, I am using a CFW (whenever I go to the system settings, on the bottom right corner of the top screen it says "Sys 11.2.0-35U" so I'm pretty sure that means it's a CFW). But I have no idea what any of the first part of your post means
JKSM its a save manager, look it up

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question regarding luma:
What the difference between Luma official builds and Luma hourly?

Looking into IPS patching for cheats (particularly SuMo to use PKhex and QR pokegen, everything else I can do via NTR).
Saw there was a method do do things via Luma hourly, but heard hourly can be unstable?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Noob question regarding luma:
What the difference between Luma official builds and Luma hourly?

Looking into IPS patching for cheats (particularly SuMo to use PKhex and QR pokegen, everything else I can do via NTR).
Saw there was a method do do things via Luma hourly, but heard hourly can be unstable?
Those are versions that hasnt been tested througly but most of them doesnt give any problem

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are versions that hasnt been tested througly but most of them doesnt give any problem
I see, Safe to update via Lumaupdater cia thing I guess then? Or better to just update via specific hourly build that confirmed safe?

Btw, would you know where I can get more on IPS files that are used for cheat patching?
Googles tell me how to use IPS, but not explain what they are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I back up? And can you tell me what deleting a secure value means and what it does?
Just look into the app.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Secure value is value set in a game and 3ds, where both has to match for the game to work.
Often, when a game is edited, the secure value on the game changes.
The work around is when extracting game save via SVDT or JKSM (so default savemanger is outdated), the extractor would delete the secure value (IDR if was both the value on the game file or on 3ds), and allow the the game work post edits

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks! So much reading and catching up to do, as I'm late to the party.

Got another question if anyone can help me out:

Just wondering what my options are for downgrade my 2nd 3ds .

I have just downgraded and installed Luma on my JPN O3DS (A), with fourswords dsiwarehax and oot3dhax (cart).

I have a second JPN 3DS (B) on 11.1.0-34J

I'm just wondering if it's possible to:

- Nand backup (A)
- System transfer (A) to (B) and still retain the hacked fourswords save.
- Continue with the downgrade process on (B) using fourswords dsiwarehax. oot3d hack is cart so no problem there.
- (One week later transfer back / or just restore nand)

Question 2: Would I lose my installed (but not purchased) cia titles / and saves with transfer? [nand backup would probably make this irrelevant?]
Yes, just follow the 2-system DSiWare downgrade guide.
When you transfer your saves will move too. You'll have to reinstall any non-bought games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I use the same SD from my 3DS(Luma3DS+A9LH) on my WiiU?
Yes

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend has a n3ds with Luma CFW. They report that they recently fell asleep while playing something, and it's possible that the n3ds was dropped while on, probably onto a carpeted floor or bed. Since then, when you try to turn on the system, the power light comes on and stays on, but both screens remain black and there is no audio. There is no way to turn it off other than holding the power button for several seconds.

If the microSD is removed, then when one tries to power on the system, it immediately powers off (presumably because it can't find the a9lh files or whatever).

Although it doesn't seem like the microSD is the problem, I tried reformatting the microSD using guiformat, and then restoring the files, but I had the same result. I also tried restoring from a known good backup of the microSD files using a different microSD card, but had no success.

It seems like it's probably some kind of hardware problem, but I don't know what. Can anyone recommend some next steps for diagnosis, or does anyone know of a service that could repair the system if it's a hardware problem? Of course, I don't want to send it to Nintendo for repairs since it would probably come back on latest OFW if at all, as well as have an enormous price.

Thanks!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! So much reading and catching up to do, as I'm late to the party.

Got another question if anyone can help me out:

Just wondering what my options are for downgrade my 2nd 3ds .

I have just downgraded and installed Luma on my JPN O3DS (A), with fourswords dsiwarehax and oot3dhax (cart).

I have a second JPN 3DS (B) on 11.1.0-34J

I'm just wondering if it's possible to:

- Nand backup (A)
- System transfer (A) to (B) and still retain the hacked fourswords save.
- Continue with the downgrade process on (B) using fourswords dsiwarehax. oot3d hack is cart so no problem there.
- (One week later transfer back / or just restore nand)

Question 2: Would I lose my installed (but not purchased) cia titles / and saves with transfer? [nand backup would probably make this irrelevant?]
You will lose any installed CIAs when you do a system transfer because those games are not legit. Their saves should still be intact.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to understand what files are transferred during a system transfer. Obviously 3dsware and dsiware is transferred, as well as save files. But I'm talking lower level details. Specifically, LocalFriendCodeSeed.

I'd like to know what happens to the source 3DS's LocalFriendCodeSeed. Is a new one generated, so that they're not tied together?
What files are shared between source 3DS and target 3DS?

I'm wondering because I have 2 3DS, and intend to sell one (the source 3ds). Assuming the buyer gets banned or does something wrong, I don't want it impacting my target 3DS' functionality.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
damn that was too easy then I immagined. Thanks for your help! :)
Time to advance and get it on my ndsxl 9.6 aswell!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i had my 3dsxl hardmoded 11.2.0:35us
has arm9loaderhax and fbi installed into h&s also luma3ds as well
so what i can do to install cia or something like what i do next?

thanks to @vb_encryption_vb for the hard work
Get freeShop, and scan the QR code in freeShop's updates tab from the 3ds titlekeys site to get games to appear to search. If you can't figure it out let me know and I can give you more step by step instructions.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Get freeShop, and scan the QR code in freeShop's updates tab from the 3ds titlekeys site to get games to appear to search. If you can't figure it out let me know and I can give you more step by step instructions.
I just installed it,grabbed the Titlekeys and it worked like a charm. :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good