• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use httpwn to do a system transfer from your old 3DS. You'll still need to access homebrew so if you can't do that you can't do anything sorry. To the poster above, it had been removed from the eShop so...
Ok but what will happen to my o3dsxl with arm9? I still want to keep it like it is!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok but what will happen to my o3dsxl with arm9? I still want to keep it like it is!
Make a NAND backup before the transfer, then after you're finished setting up the new 3DS, restore the backup on the old 3DS, and call Nintendo and ask them to relink the NNID with the old 3DS. You can sign back into the NNID on the old 3DS and it will be just like before.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm planning on using freeShop from now on. So, I was told to have a title key... What is that and/or how can I get it? Thanks!
Titlekeys are needed in order to be able to request the game from Big N's servers. You can import the link of the titlekey into freeShop by searching for THAT TITLEKEY site (can't link it here on GBATemp) and scanning the QR Code inside freeShop

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got 2 o3ds with stock FW 2.1! :D The guide points me directly to the arm9lh install. Don't I want to do some backup before installing arm9? As I said the guide just points me directly to the arm9 install. But I have a feeling im missing something if I do that right away? Im at 2.1 already never downgraded the console, brand new. :)

Where do I start? Do I install arm9lh right away?

Last edited by biggan1,

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got 2 o3ds with stock FW 2.1! :D The guide points me directly to the arm9lh install. Don't I want to do some backup before installing arm9? As I said the guide just points me directly to the arm9 install. But I have a feeling im missing something if I do that right away? Im at 2.1 already never downgraded the console, brand new. :)

edit: sry for double post

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Yes. You can't do a backup right away. Unless you want to update with a cartridge first.

Reactions: biggan1

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. You can't do a backup right away. Unless you want to update with a cartridge first.

Ok I guess it would be pretty pointless and risky, upgrading then downgrading again that is.

I´ve looked through the guide, its pretty vague if youre on 2.1 already. When should i create a backup for my NAND? Do I skip the cttransfer?

Just doing some last checks since I wont be needing the other steps, but am I missing something in the process, like Decrypt9 etc?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I guess it would be pretty pointless and risky, upgrading then downgrading again that is.

I´ve looked through the guide, its pretty vague if youre on 2.1 already. When should i create a backup for my NAND? Do I skip the cttransfer?

Just doing some last checks since I wont be needing the other steps, but am I missing something in the process, like Decrypt9 etc?
It's fine. It's pretty difficult to screw things up - there aren't even different region versions of the a9lh installation files. You should be happy your console is already on 2.1, it will be so much faster for you than other people.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
It's fine. It's pretty difficult to screw things up - there aren't even different region versions of the a9lh installation files.
Thanks for the quick reply, I was just thinking that not doing the prior steps that i would miss something.
Especially getting a NAND backup of my 2.1fw after ah9lh installation. I guess ill be needing that in the future if I ever get it bricked?

Last edited by biggan1,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the quick reply, I was just thinking that not doing the prior steps that i would miss something.
Especially getting a NAND backup of my 2.1fw after ah9lh installation. I guess ill be needing that in the future if I ever get it bricked?
You don't really need a pre-a9lh NAND backup. SafeArm9Installer allows you to uninstall a9lh (you used to have to flash a pre-a9lh backup to uninstall a9lh but not anymore).

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't really need a pre-a9lh NAND backup. SafeArm9Installer allows you to uninstall a9lh (you used to have to flash a pre-a9lh backup to uninstall a9lh but not anymore).
No im just checking where in the process I should backup my emuNAND after the a9lh installation. :) It isnt really mentioned when and how if youre at 2.1 already and dont have to downgrade, thats what makes me not so sure when to do it. :)

I think I found something, seems like I need to do a 9.2.0 ctrtransfer.
Ill read up on that.

Should I do the 9.2 ctrtransfer first, backing up tirckets and NAND first?
OR
Do i begin install arm9 right away?

The method to complete from 2.1 seems different then downgrading, hence im asking. :)

Last edited by biggan1,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You don't have to backup your NAND before installing a9lh. You can't even do it unless you get a hardmod.
You need a9lh to do a 9.2 ctr transfer so that isn't an option.
If you update to 9.2 first (say with a cartridge) then you're in the same boat as everyone else and have lost the advantage of being on 2.1. You may have to go buy an exploit game (depending on whether the browser version is too low for browserhax - cartridge updates do not update the browser)

Just please do what the guide says. The only danger you can be in is self-inflicted danger from not following the guide.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to backup your NAND before installing a9lh. You can't even do it unless you get a hardmod.
You need a9lh to do a 9.2 ctr transfer so that isn't an option.
If you update to 9.2 first (say with a cartridge) then you're in the same boat as everyone else and have lost the advantage of being on 2.1. You may have to go buy an exploit game (depending on whether the browser version is too low for browserhax - cartridge updates do not update the browser)

Just please do what the guide says. The only danger you can be in is self-inflicted danger from not following the guide.
Im just patient and careful as one should be. On the 9.2 ctrtransfer page it says "If you started on 2.1.0 on Old 3DS, this guide is for you."

I´m sure ill be fine following the guide, but it mentions nothing about backing up my previous NAND at all, only using system update and if gives me error I should do the 9.2 ctrtransfer part.
Which makes me wonder is, if I got no prior backup before the ctrtransfer(which is stated is needed for o3ds stock fw 2.1. Then my systemwill be on 11.2 before I can get the NAND backupped?

I hope you understand my conundrum as im new to the 3ds scene, and this contradicts what ive learned so far.

Last edited by biggan1,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Im just patient and careful as one should be. On the 9.2 ctrtransfer page it says "If you started on 2.1.0 on Old 3DS, this guide is for you."

I´m sure ill be fine following the guide, but it mentions nothing about backing up my previous NAND at all, only using system update and if gives me error I should do the 9.2 ctrtransfer part.
Which makes me wonder is, if I got no prior backup before the ctrtransfer(which is stated is needed for o3ds stock fw 2.1. Then my systemwill be on 11.2 before I can get the NAND backupped?

I hope you understand my conundrum as im new to the 3ds scene, and this contradicts what ive learned so far.
I'll describe what you will do from 2.1

Run SafeA9LHInstaller(will install A9LH)
Then you can make a 2.1 backup from there, and update to 11.2 directly(while having A9LH installed)

I don't think there's a way to run Decrypt9 on 2.1 without A9LH( well, with the old Ninjhax you could, but that's very old and Ninjhax 1 has been gone for a while now)

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll describe what you will do from 2.1

Run SafeA9LHInstaller(will install A9LH)
Then you can make a 2.1 backup from there, and update to 11.2 directly(while having A9LH installed)

I don't think there's a way to run Decrypt9 on 2.1 without A9LH( well, with the old Ninjhax you could, but that's very old and Ninjhax 1 has been gone for a while now)

Okay thanks, thats what I was looking for. As I said I just want to backup after im done installing a9lh, but prior to 11.2.
After the a9lh install do i continue to hourglass9 and make a nand backup there or do I need to install Decrypt9 to do that? After a9lh that is.
I dont know if its preferred, but i do have a sky3ds+ that I can use cubic ninja with if necessary.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it say it had no errors when it was done?

You can always just use it and only test it properly (with H2testw) if you have a problem. Maybe you'll never have a problem.
nothing about errors, dont really feel like testing it again, it took a long time, i just wait until i get the 3ds and go from there.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay thanks, thats what I was looking for. As I said I just want to backup after im done installing a9lh, but prior to 11.2.
After the a9lh install do i continue to hourglass9 and make a nand backup there or do I need to install Decrypt9 to do that? After a9lh that is.
I dont know if its preferred, but i do have a sky3ds+ that I can use cubic ninja with if necessary.
Do it in Hourglass9, its much easier and noob friendly(not trying to call you a noob or offend you :) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...