• Views 4,515,324
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, if your sysNAND is on 11.0 and you don't have A9lh installed, your only option is to get a hardmod. On 11.0, OoTHax and Ninjhax can't downgrade as even if they had ARM11 access, there's a hardcoded minimum title version list that prevents the installation of old titles.

Well that blows.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just wait for an exploit if one ever comes. Kinda ticks me off. I'm can't figure out how my sysnand got updated.

Johnal Khow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I need help when playing Sims 3 on my region changed n3ds all the characters in game are just question marks. Every letter every word are just a bunch of question marks. my n3ds is running 11.0 firm with LUma3ds+a9lh

Zeonis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys... so are R4 flashcarts compatible with the latest firmware for 3DS (11.0.0.33)? I don't own a 3DS yet but I am planning to buy a New 3DS in the near future and wanted to get an R4 flashcart but obviously I don't want to buy one if it will not even work with the latest firmware.

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I know things are crazy around here in the post-11.0 update world. I've been sitting here contently with Oot3dhax on 10.7.32-U and ignoring all the 3DS messages to update my console. However, now when I try to play a game online I get Error Code 002-0119 saying in part: "In order to use this service, a system update is required."

Besides downgrading to 9.2, are there any other things I can do to bypass this and be able to play online?

Last edited by TheAnt317,

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11 luma3DS emunand + 9.2 Sysnand on a N3DS XL
I can update some games, not others, and cannot access the eShop. I don't know about playing online.
Any fix?
Thank you in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I know things are crazy around here in the post-11.0 update world. I've been sitting here contently with Oot3dhax on 10.7.32-U and ignoring all the 3DS messages to update my console. However, now when I try to play a game online I get Error Code 002-0119 saying in part: "In order to use this service, a system update is required."

Besides downgrading to 9.2 and using Reinand, are there any other things I can do to bypass this and be able to play online?
downgrading is a permanent solution to it, but if you really don't want to do that: https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

this can't be used with smash/MH4U/extended RAM games on Old3DS.

Reactions: TheAnt317

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrading is a permanent solution to it, but if you really don't want to do that: https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

this can't be used with smash/MH4U/extended RAM games on Old3DS.
I'll probably get around to downgrading at some point. I recently learned of PlaiSysUpdater and the overwhelming majority of people using it reported clean and easy success with it. Also yeah, I did forget to mention I'm on N3DS as well.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am almost done guys/gals! However, I kinda figured I was going to get an error somewhere before completing the tutorial.
Section I: #20. Copy the 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload to the root of your SD card
is a bit confusing to me bc I couldn't find an 11.0.0 Homebrew launcher payload for the root of my SD card.

What file do I need to put in order to avoid the error that I am getting after Section VI. #12. When i try to launch the Hombrew Launcher from the main menu, I get an error towards the end.
61ad8c99e9d40ae693630f52eb6f3292.jpg

Dhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have new 3ds reg usa with 9.90 firmware. I wanna downgrade to 9.20 and install Luma 3ds and CIAs.
My question is which part should i stop in plailect guide.
I dont want to install A9LH yet.
I never install any hax. all this time i'm using sky3ds blue button.
thanks guys.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GreenWins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am almost done guys/gals! However, I kinda figured I was going to get an error somewhere before completing the tutorial.
Section I: #20. Copy the 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload to the root of your SD card
is a bit confusing to me bc I couldn't find an 11.0.0 Homebrew launcher payload for the root of my SD card.

What file do I need to put in order to avoid the error that I am getting after Section VI. #12. When i try to launch the Hombrew Launcher from the main menu, I get an error towards the end.
61ad8c99e9d40ae693630f52eb6f3292.jpg

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

The section where it says "What you need"
"The 11.0.0 Homebrew Launcher Payload for your region:"
Choose the file that is your 3ds and put that file into the root of your sd card.

Reactions: daddie05

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How would I make a music loop in a custom theme? Like, what tool would I use?
Most people just throw there bgm into an audio editor like Audacity and then make it loop from there, they then import it into their theme using YATA+ or Usagi Theme Editor. (I think that's how they do it, I ain't no custom theme expert)

Purple Mudkip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My NANDS are linked.
1. Can i access the Eshop from the Emunand without any problem?
2. Can i safe upgrade my 3DS via SD without screwing anything?
(o3ds RxTools+Cboot+Themehax version 10.7 emu 9.20 sys)

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, having some trouble figuring out SVDT. I am so far able to back up the saves of my retail carts, but not yet have I found a simple explanation of how to IMPORT them into the .cia installed game backups. The games in question are Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, and Ocarina of Time. (I hope I am not breaking rules mentioning the titles, as I DO own these games physically).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, having some trouble figuring out SVDT. I am so far able to back up the saves of my retail carts, but not yet have I found a simple explanation of how to IMPORT them into the .cia installed game backups. The games in question are Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, and Ocarina of Time. (I hope I am not breaking rules mentioning the titles, as I DO own these games physically).
I am able to copy the save data from the cart, in FBI under SD:/svdt/TITLE/main and then I try to paste it in Titles/TITLE/browse save data but I get a "Failed to paste contents"-type error... puzzled.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH NO!! HELP!! I am on Part 4, Section II of the arm9lhax tutorial on my friend's OLD3DS, and I just finished the part where you downgrade redNAND to 2.1. I left it to go, as is was looking fine and well on it's way but when I checked on it, it had the nintendo home screen "an error has occurred, Hold the power button to power off." I feel like it is possible that I forgot to boot into redNAND using Luma3DS, and accidentally downgraded sysNAND using PliaSysUpdater... Now I am getting a BLACK SCREEN at boot!! :( I tried with and without SD, and tried booting into MenuHax with the dpad down during boot. All resulting in Black Screen... Have I bricked my friend's device?? Any help much appreciated, you guys have been soo helpful with modding my NEW3DS, it is so much appreciated. Now I moved on to my friend's OLD3DS and I really hope I didn't brick it! :(
Thanks guys.

EDIT: I can't even get into Recovery Mode... I take it I have bricked sysNAND, and the only way to restore sysNAND from a backup (I DO have both the 10.7 and the 9.2 sysNAND backups saved) is with a HARDMOD correct? Or is there some way I can flash sysNAND without a hardmod? I don't think so.. At this point everything is met with a black screen... Pretty sure I have bricked my first console...

Last edited by duFunk,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH NO!! HELP!! I am on Part 4, Section II of the arm9lhax tutorial on my friend's OLD3DS, and I just finished the part where you downgrade redNAND to 2.1. I left it to go, as is was looking fine and well on it's way but when I checked on it, it had the nintendo home screen "an error has occurred, Hold the power button to power off." I feel like it is possible that I forgot to boot into redNAND using Luma3DS, and accidentally downgraded sysNAND using PliaSysUpdater... Now I am getting a BLACK SCREEN at boot!! :( I tried with and without SD, and tried booting into MenuHax with the dpad down during boot. All resulting in Black Screen... Have I bricked my friend's device?? Any help much appreciated, you guys have been soo helpful with modding my NEW3DS, it is so much appreciated. Now I moved on to my friend's OLD3DS and I really hope I didn't brick it! :(
Thanks guys.

EDIT: I can't even get into Recovery Mode... I take it I have bricked sysNAND, and the only way to restore sysNAND from a backup (I DO have both the 10.7 and the 9.2 sysNAND backups saved) is with a HARDMOD correct? Or is there some way I can flash sysNAND without a hardmod? I don't think so.. At this point everything is met with a black screen... Pretty sure I have bricked my first console...
Sounds like a brick to me. Even if you could get into recovery mode, you would only be able to update to 11.0, which requires a hardmod to downgrade. Unfortunately, your only option is to get a hardmod if you want to recover from the brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1